View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 11:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
the site of the Hub still looks like some sort of hole in the ground.
That's exactly what it is.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ors&id=8476680

Sen. Schumer speaks out on Transit Hub fireproofing

Jim Hoffer

Quote:
There are calls for action after an Eyewitness News investigation reveals the Port Authority has decided not to fireproof a large portion of the new Transit Hub at the World Trade Center site.

There are calls for Governors Cuomo and Christie to step in and force the Port Authority to fireproof the Transit Hub that will be used by some 200,000 people every day. The Port Authority's decision to cut-out costly fireproofing for a major part of the massive steel World Trade Center Transit Hub drew a quick and angry response from a Deputy FDNY Chief of 31 years.

"It's appalling that they could even consider that. It's the number 1 terrorist target; you have 200,000 people every day. They are putting money ahead of lives and safety and I think it's a disgrace," said Jim Riches, a Deputy FDNY Chief (ret.)

New York's Senior Senator says, where's the common sense? "Seems to me in a place that's going to have tens of thousands of people and a great deal of danger that it ought to be fireproofed," Sen. Charles Schumer said. "They're endangering everyone's lives and they're lying to the public and I'll say that and Gov. Christie and Gov. Cuomo should get involved," Riches said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.