View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2024, 6:43 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I've done it. To drive from Saint John to Digby around the Bay of Fundy would be about seven hours. The ferry trip is about two hours. So, you save a lot of time and about $100-150 in gas (depending on the size and efficiency of your vehicle). The trip also can be pleasant and a novel experience for landlubbers.

If your final destination is Digby and area, or southwestern NS in general, it makes a lot of sense. If you were doing it as a shortcut between SJ and Halifax, the value is a lot more questionable. I would drive in that circumstance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Yeah I thought about using it as a shortcut to get from Halifax to SJ but it doesn't really make sense for that purpose. I'm sure it's fine of you just want the experience but it doesn't really save any time or money.
Thanks very much. Our last night in NS is off grid near Hampton (60km northeast of Digby). I booked the ferry. Even if it were a little more expensive than the long 7 hour drive, its a good excuse to get some Digby scallops, and the boat trip will be a nice experience for my friend who's never been to Atlantic Canada. Hopefully, we'll see some whales.

Last edited by isaidso; May 10, 2024 at 7:03 PM.