View Single Post
Old Posted May 3, 2024, 6:44 PM
Cyber Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
SD kinda dead lately. Nothing going on, was hoping some news about a replacement developer for 7th/Market would pop up. Nothing about Padres developing that massive lot east of Petco and no ground breaking on that huge triangular shaped lot in Skid row that had a proposal on it. At least all the tent people are gone from that whole area has anyone else noticed that?
It's true that a lot of the larger more exciting proposals remain mysteriously silent, but I don't think it's accurate to call SD development kinda dead lately. Looking at downtown alone, there has been and still currently is a lot of highrise construction going on. At least 6 towers under construction I can think of off the top of my head, and several others just recently finished. Several midrises breaking ground too. And Horton Plaza and the RaDD wrapping up and should be opening before too long. East Village Green park which is also quite a large park project is under construction - that will be a huge positive change for the area.