View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 11:55 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
Yeah, landing or taking off from LGA (especially landing) is the best way to appreciate the skyline. I found a new video on YouTube that is a fairly up-to-date view of the skyline:

Video Link

The video starts with the plane going south along the Hudson before looping around the tip of lower Manhattan to get in position for the landing. The good parts start around the 2:50 mark. The video captures most of Manhattan, Jersey City, downtown Brooklyn, Williamsburg waterfront, and Long Island City.
Fantastic view from that airplane window. It's a gargantuan skyline but it gets elevated even more with Manhattan being an island and the existence of Central Park. They help frame it all. From the SSP database, did I include all the areas I needed for the New York MSA? I listed what I entered below the table.

100m Buildings

Built: 913
U/C: 51
Proposed: 74

New York: New york, Fort Lee, Guttenberg, Jersey City, New Rochelle, Newark, North Bergen, West New York, Franklin Township, White Plains

Last edited by isaidso; Apr 30, 2024 at 12:08 AM.