View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2024, 5:33 PM

To continue on the topic a bit, I do know that Salt Lake City did lose out on at least 2 Fortune 250 companies regional HQ's over the last 10 years due to a lack of sport options around downtown.

By this I mean that the Jazz were not enough of a pull. Hockey will definitely help this but I think it will take an MLB expansion/relocation to really help SLC to become a better corporate destination for expansion/relocation. MLB would really fill the gap and provide year round professional sporting opportunities within, essentially, a 7 - 10 minute Trax ride from Downtown. This on top of the soon to be 7 minute frequencies between the Airport and Downtown.

While I am hopeful of a Corporate HQ or Regional HQ relocation announcement happening soon (next 10-20 years), I am doubtful that it will happen without an MLB announcement for SLC.

Even without MLB and Fortune 500 relocations/expansions, we will continue to see the population of Downtown and along the Trax lines grow. I think we will also see expansions and relocations from local companies to the Downtown area as they take advantage of the increases in entertainment options that will be coming over the next decade downtown.