View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2024, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
I don't think so. Each terminal serves a different airline/type of airline, and I'm not sure they can really share the space. I think a complete renovation/modernization is a better and more realistic idea than that, as much as I would like that.

I think PHL is definitely on the upswing, but I still have issues with it, mostly in the next part of my comment.

One thing that has always pissed me off is how few airlines actually fly out of Philly. PHL has 17. (counting regional airlines like United Express and Delta Connection). That sounds good, but compared to others.... Boston has 50, Newark has 35, BWI has 21, Dulles has 49. Even way smaller cities have more; Raleigh has 21.

Of the 15 cities with the biggest GDPs in the country, only two don't have a flight to East Asia. One is Philadelphia, the other is Miami.

It seems clear that there is a desire to expand Philadelphia's international presence, and I wish them the best of luck.
I cant dispute your claim about the number of airlines flying out of BWI but it is dominated by SW and the destination options from BWI are definitely not superior- especially if you don't want to fly SW. I have checked BWI for flights as an alternative numerous times and either there is no direct flight, the prices are about the same or I have to use SW. LAst time I flew from BWI was 2014. I was just considering BWI for two flights this year- one to CA and other to the DR.