View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2024, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
Canada, US, Mexico should sign a NAFTA amendment banning the use of plastic bags, wrap, garbage bags, packaging etc completely. If we can spend $120 million on a 6 day robot to the moon, surely similar money could solve this problem on Earth.

Those tote bags could be recycled cotton, price raised to $10 so consumers always have them on hand.
How would garbage bags be replaced? Loose garbage in bins? My garbage guys already suck at actually emptying my bins. Seems like there'd be a lot more loose trash everywhere.

The new bags suck. Yeah they're a bit thicker, but they rip pretty easily. That's the 30 cent ones, but the store has heavier duty ones for $1 if you want.

I'll admit it. I just pay for 2 or 3 bags every time, and they go straight in the trash. We use the old plastic ones to line our little garbage baskets, and they're great for cat litter. The new ones suck for both of those, so now we use purpose bought trash bags, or use the plastic bags that our takeout comes in (why is it ok for takeout to use them? :hmm: ) For $1 per grocery shop, I can't be bothered to remember to move piles of bags to my truck.