View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
The CTA is a very different beast than the TTC. While there's a large rail network frequencies are much lower than any of the subway lines, and feeder buses also seem much more infrequent. The system (with some exceptions) never had the significant "white-collar" component you see on the TTC. I've ridden the L many times over rush hour and you simply don't see nearly as many office workers as you would on the Toronto subway. Also evidenced by the plethora of above-ground parking garages in the Loop / River North. Last time I was there a year or so ago it seemed noticeably more run down and kinda sketchy compared to the TTC, and a friend (who I've travelled to Chicago with before) said that it's gotten worse since, if anything.

Interesting. Makes sense. Chicago should try to improve that because it looks like they have a great system. I have never been on the L but one thing I will say bout the CTA is I love their trains, I love the fact they are mostly elevated. I hope to make out to Chicago sometime this coming year.