View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2023, 5:32 PM

Greenville Needs to get Buildings approved

First off, I very much like visiting Greenville. But I have seen very little in terms of buildings in last years or so. when I visit almost every year to see all the growth in the past but seems like not much going on in over a year. I have been reading on webpages and news reports on the city and buildings over last couple years trying to get built. Seems Greenville has an issue with zoning and residents constantly complaining about to much building going on around them. This is I think putting pressure I think council members to make it too hard on companies to want to keep building there, in addition to the economic slowdown and high interest rate loans, is not going well for larger In-fill buildings. Notice they are still building logistics and manufacturing plants in the Greenville and Spartanburg County. I also know that the economy isn’t great, as I stated before, but Raleigh, Charleston, Knoxville, and other cities are still building out. This is a clear sign that there is an issue with city and county not only economy.
If I am off on this, then someone please fill me in then on what is the issue getting buildings built there. I would love to see this city boom and expand. They need more, much more in-fill within city, so then residents and businesses pay into taxes, and without taxes, can't get better roads and transit, and all that good stuff. I know that a lot of people are against gentrification, but it can be done in the right way that adds to the local economy and overall aesthetics of the surrounding city. Like this 19-story tower that G-man posted above, that is a great example of good size building to go up in that area and it will blend in nicely. Also, the Gateway buildings (I think should be about same height) but still overall needed for in-fill. Any building that is less than 10 stories at this point is too small, they have to start thinking 10 and 15 years down the road, in-fill capacity will be a major issue as the city grows.

Last edited by SFL-WPB; Sep 27, 2023 at 5:47 PM.