SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

biggus diggus Oct 30, 2017 7:31 PM

They are going to attempt to move the old house on the sec of 3rd Ave and McKinley.

combusean Oct 30, 2017 7:48 PM

I have to wonder why.

That house is owned by an individual and it doesn't look like anyone has assembled neighboring lots.

biggus diggus Oct 30, 2017 8:07 PM

It's actually owned by a partnership of quite a few people.

I got nosy, all leads point back to Andrew Rigoli and Chi Nguyen. A quick google search tells me Andrew is in WiredRE, a data center company and Chi is a healthcare technology project coordinator. They have owned it since 2007. There are other partners listed in the Assessor's Office ownership records, though.

muertecaza Oct 30, 2017 10:56 PM

Can't remember if this information has been public and/or posted before, but details are being presented to City of proposed development to accompany restoration of the Knipe House on lots on 2nd St. between Roosevelt & Portland. Details from Downtown subcommitte are:
  • 19-story office building
  • two additional five-story buildings with some combination of commercial/office, ground floor commercial and rental residential
  • renovation of the Knipe house
  • 305,000 SF of office space
  • 77,000 SF of retail space
  • 32 rental units
  • 1,200 parking spaces

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../171101007.pdf

No renderings or site plans that I've seen.

muertecaza Oct 30, 2017 11:07 PM

Update from City Council agenda regarding Ballpark Lofts:

Quote:

Phoenix Ballpark Residences is an infill redevelopment project located in the warehouse district in downtown Phoenix. The project will adaptively re-use two historic buildings (Arvizu's El Fresnal Grocery Store and Gerardo's Building) while adding approximately 276 residential rental units and 385 structured parking spaces, with an estimated capital investment of $43 million.

The City and Developer entered into the DRA on June 16, 2015, which included typical performance benchmarks such as commencement of construction and completion of construction. In December 2015, the Developer met the conditions for commencement of construction which included acquiring permits to begin the demolition and relocation of utilities. Over the past two years, many unforseen circumstances have arisen that have slowed progress and contributed to delays in the project schedule including unavoidable development team changes, complete redesign and coordination of private utilities, infrastructure design changes and other challenges. The Phoenix Ballpark Residences, LLC team is committed to building this project and is seeking approval of a 30-month extension to complete construction.

This amendment will modify Section 301.3 of the DRA to change the completion of construction benchmark from 24 months to a new completion of construction date of May 15, 2020.

Renz Oct 30, 2017 11:48 PM

I apologize if this has been posted before in this thread. I'm also not sure how recent these renderings are from DAVIS's website showing a new building design replacing the original Phoenix Central Station building, but here it goes anyway.

The two tower design currently in the design process tops out at 500 feet, nearly 20 feet taller than Chase tower. Again these are renderings from DAVIS's website located in the "projects" field.

https://thedavisexperience.com/proje...entral-station

Idk about you guys but this looks great! Like someone before me said, a man can dream.:P

PHXFlyer11 Oct 31, 2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renz (Post 7970596)
I apologize if this has been posted before in this thread. I'm also not sure how recent these renderings are from DAVIS's website showing a new building design replacing the original Phoenix Central Station building, but here it goes anyway.

The two tower design currently in the design process tops out at 500 feet, nearly 20 feet taller than Chase tower. Again these are renderings from DAVIS's website located in the "projects" field.

Idk about you guys but this looks great! Like someone before me said, a man can dream.:P

These are definitely old. They were submitted in 2014. Most of the folks on this forum were in favor of this design over the winning proposal.

PHXFlyer11 Oct 31, 2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 7970558)
Update from City Council agenda regarding Ballpark Lofts:

I would vote no. This is ridiculous. We don't need to beg for development anymore. Construction should start before end of 2018 and be completed by mid 2019.

Renz Oct 31, 2017 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7970640)
These are definitely old. They were submitted in 2014. Most of the folks on this forum were in favor of this design over the winning proposal.

Wow that's a bummer. We need something iconic in Phoenix and I feel this would have been a perfect opportunity to get noticed as a beautiful skyline. Shame, real shame. Oh well, onward.

azsunsurfer Oct 31, 2017 2:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 7970548)
Can't remember if this information has been public and/or posted before, but details are being presented to City of proposed development to accompany restoration of the Knipe House on lots on 2nd St. between Roosevelt & Portland. Details from Downtown subcommitte are:
  • 19-story office building
  • two additional five-story buildings with some combination of commercial/office, ground floor commercial and rental residential
  • renovation of the Knipe house
  • 305,000 SF of office space
  • 77,000 SF of retail space
  • 32 rental units
  • 1,200 parking spaces

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../171101007.pdf

No renderings or site plans that I've seen.

That's such an awkward area for a new Class A office tower? 32 rentals?

Obadno Oct 31, 2017 6:20 PM

22 story office ....at Portland and 2nd.

That seems very odd.

As for central station, does anyone know when that first rfp expires? Can they just nullify it and award it to another prooposal like this?

Edit: Davis actually has a lot of good roposals on there and a track record of completion why didn’t the city award it to them??

Also anyone know about that W and Roosevelt row high rise from the website? Just renderings for no reason or actual proposals?

gymratmanaz Oct 31, 2017 7:26 PM

3rd time's a charm. :)

Renz Oct 31, 2017 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7971433)
Edit: Davis actually has a lot of good roposals on there and a track record of completion why didn’t the city award it to them??

Also anyone know about that W and Roosevelt row high rise from the website? Just renderings for no reason or actual proposals?

Unfortunately, I think those are just renderings for the fun of it as there doesn't seem to be any mention of an action proposal unlike the Central Station design. The W Phoenix is my favorite building design from all the DAVIS projects, but the location is rather strange, next to the formal US Airways stadium. Isn't there a height restriction of around 300 feet there?

combusean Oct 31, 2017 7:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7971433)
22 story office ....at Portland and 2nd.

That seems very odd.

As for central station, does anyone know when that first rfp expires? Can they just nullify it and award it to another prooposal like this?

If they haven't updated their website in that long, I'm actually questioning their legitimacy. This is "blast from the past" level of the never-built.

Davis is more of an architecture firm than a development firm. They for some reason buy lots here and there, but nothing comes of them that has their work attached that I am aware of.

combusean Oct 31, 2017 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renz (Post 7970596)

This was the losing proposal for that lot.

combusean Oct 31, 2017 8:04 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts.

I don't see this tower happening.

As much as I'd like to hope otherwise, the developer, True North/Wayne Rainey, doesn't have the experience to pull it off.

They could win the RFP but it'd never be financed--somebody looking to blow $150 million for a risky office and retail venture wouldn't need his help.

Obadno Oct 31, 2017 8:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renz (Post 7971597)
Unfortunately, I think those are just renderings for the fun of it as there doesn't seem to be any mention of an action proposal unlike the Central Station design. The W Phoenix is my favorite building design from all the DAVIS projects, but the location is rather strange, next to the formal US Airways stadium. Isn't there a height restriction of around 300 feet there?

What do you mean? Portland place and the park, and Foundre and Marina Heights, and Hayden Ferry Lakeside, and Papago Grand and smaller projects all over the valley.

There are only a few on that website that haven't been built.

Renz Oct 31, 2017 9:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7971698)
What do you mean? Portland place and the park, and Foundre and Marina Heights, and Hayden Ferry Lakeside, and Papago Grand and smaller projects all over the valley.

There are only a few on that website that haven't been built.

I was referring to the projects that aren't built or being built (W Phoenix, Creative House). And yes you are correct, many of the projects are all over the valley already, most notably Marina Heights being the best looking set of buildings in all of Arizona IMO.

ASU Diablo Nov 1, 2017 6:27 PM

Phoenix Real Estate with Historic and Educational Roots Now For Sale

The prime piece of land at Central Ave & Indian School is finally up for sale and will be auctioned off by the Federal Government. Hopefully, it will get bought by someone with an intent to develop it right away instead of sitting on it for years.

http://downtownphoenixjournal.com/20...oots-for-sale/

biggus diggus Nov 1, 2017 6:35 PM

Hopefully someone is interested in developing this as a large-scale mixed use development. Something on a smaller scale but similar concept to Scottsdale Waterfront could do very well here. Open it up to the park and allow retail along the roads, dense residential in the center, and upscale lower density town homes against the park with space for cafes. If I had the capital I would take the risk on that sort of development. I would take full advantage of the history of the parcel and play into Indian School history and Native American style architecture.

Also these guys need a new map.

"The 15-acre Uptown Phoenix Parcel is located across from a light rail station, just one block south of the Camelback Road and Central Avenue, which was recently named by the Urban Land Institute of Arizona as one of the Valley’s most lucrative intersections for commercial and residential development."