SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Obadno Nov 21, 2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 8755607)
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it. New pre-app for 23 stories on McKinley, "McKinley Green." Doesn't list address. Fact finding and fire report documents from this summer that come up when searching around for the project list the address variously as 801 N 2nd Ave (NEC McKinley/2nd Ave) and 800 N 1st Ave (NWC McKinley/1st Ave). Not sure if one or other other is wrong; if they intend to span the block and abandon the alley; or if both are wrong. Same owner for the parcels on either side of the alley so it could be that they're wanting a thicc one.

EDIT: and looks like this is a True North project?

Oh man I remeber some very loose chatter about this some years ago back when Block 23 was just starting.

It was slated as being another grocery store with residential above right? God that must of been two years ago I never expected that to move.

ASU Diablo Nov 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8755620)
Oh man I remeber some very loose chatter about this some years ago back when Block 23 was just starting.

It was slated as being another grocery store with residential above right? God that must of been two years ago I never expected that to move.

Good memory. I definitely remember something about a grocery going there as well...

Edit: Found the PBJ article from March 2017 but of course this was pre True North taking over Roosevelt Row lol

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...enix-real.html

CrestedSaguaro Nov 22, 2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 8755607)
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I didn't see it. New pre-app for 23 stories on McKinley, "McKinley Green." Doesn't list address. Fact finding and fire report documents from this summer that come up when searching around for the project list the address variously as 801 N 2nd Ave (NEC McKinley/2nd Ave) and 800 N 1st Ave (NWC McKinley/1st Ave). Not sure if one or other other is wrong; if they intend to span the block and abandon the alley; or if both are wrong. Same owner for the parcels on either side of the alley so it could be that they're wanting a thicc one.

EDIT: and looks like this is a True North project?

Performed a quick permits search and I found SDEV, a SPAD and a WSFT permits for this project. Apparently this has been in the works since June 6th. How the heck did we miss this??

You are correct on the address. Permits show: 802 N 1ST AVE. So this is on the old McKinley Club? I thought I saw a zoning sign posted there a few months ago and didn't think twice about looking at what it was for.

Edit: Correction, the address is the lot North of the old McKinley Club.

Phxguy Nov 22, 2019 2:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8755669)
Performed a quick permits search and I found SDEV, a SPAD and a WSFT permits for this project. Apparently this has been in the works since June 6th. How the heck did we miss this??

You are correct on the address. Permits show: 802 N 1ST AVE. So this is on the old McKinley Club? I thought I saw a zoning sign posted there a few months ago and didn't think twice about looking at what it was for.

Edit: Correction, the address is the lot North of the old McKinley Club.

The McKinley Green will be a 2-towered project, with one tower on 2nd Ave and the other spanning between the alley from 1st to 2nd. The latter will be 20+ stories stop podium parking. Bleh...not a fan of floating towers atop parking garages. The Roosevelt Neighborhood has put up some fight against height from this project along 2nd Ave, so maybe we will see reduction in floors or relocation of one of the towers to a different segment of the project. Alley is being abandoned essentially from McKinley to Roosevelt, with access to the public/services retained so they can incorporate their tower in the middle of the block.

Phxguy Nov 22, 2019 2:34 AM

Saw a zoning sign the other day posted on the NW corner of 3rd St and McKinley (805 N 3rd St) and it looks we’ve got some development!

Plans call for a 7-8 story office buillding, first floor looks to be concrete for commercial/retail. The 6-7 floors above are ‘tasteful’ shipping containers with windows. Will be done by Local Studio and Foundry Development. Doesn’t appear to be any parking on site and it’s built right up to the corner. I think will be a win-win!

Obadno Nov 22, 2019 2:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8755773)
Saw a zoning sign the other day posted on the NW corner of 3rd St and McKinley (805 N 3rd St) and it looks we’ve got some development!

Plans call for a 7-8 story office buillding, first floor looks to be concrete for commercial/retail. The 6-7 floors above are ‘tasteful’ shipping containers with windows. Will be done by Local Studio and Foundry Development. Doesn’t appear to be any parking on site and it’s built right up to the corner. I think will be a win-win!

Is that replacing the parking next to Cobra?

Also renderings? I hate shipping container projects :yuck:

ASU Diablo Nov 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8755773)

Are you sure you have the address right? NWC puts it at the parking lot Obadno suggested. 805 is the building next to old Milk Bar (where Root & Soul is going now...)

Phxguy Nov 22, 2019 3:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 8755791)
Are you sure you have the address right? NWC puts it at the parking lot Obadno suggested. 805 is the building next to old Milk Bar (where Root & Soul is going now...)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a95d47d8_z.jpg

Sorry for the potato-ness of the photo quality.

You're right Diablo, the address is 812 N 3rd St, not 805.

ASU Diablo Nov 22, 2019 3:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8755798)

You're right, the address is 812 N 3rd St, not 805.

That can't be right either?? LOL That's Songbird. So probably 802? :)

That looks...interesting. Great find either way...thanks for sharing!

Phxguy Nov 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Lol I clearly wish they demolished those old homes instead! My Apple maps sucks with addresses.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 22, 2019 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8755762)
The McKinley Green will be a 2-towered project, with one tower on 2nd Ave and the other spanning between the alley from 1st to 2nd. The latter will be 20+ stories stop podium parking. Bleh...not a fan of floating towers atop parking garages. The Roosevelt Neighborhood has put up some fight against height from this project along 2nd Ave, so maybe we will see reduction in floors or relocation of one of the towers to a different segment of the project. Alley is being abandoned essentially from McKinley to Roosevelt, with access to the public/services retained so they can incorporate their tower in the middle of the block.

I see no argument against height on this development. This will be nearly across the street from Stewart and a block away from the upcoming Aspire which will be 240'. Also, this is ON a central downtown corridor adjacent to LRT where we have heard many arguments lately from local residents where height belongs. Yet, here we go. SMH

Also, in regards to podiums, I'm not bothered by them. Better than separate parking garages, cheaper than underground garages and adds to the overall height of a building. I would rather have underground, but lately the new podiums have been nicely designed. Link did well with their podium design and Kenects' podium will look pretty good. Hopefully this one will be one of those.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8755798)

Sorry for the potato-ness of the photo quality.

You're right Diablo, the address is 812 N 3rd St, not 805.

Designing an office building with containers? How cheap does a development got to be to get office space filled in Downtown? :sly:

Obadno Nov 22, 2019 3:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8756095)
Designing an office building with containers? How cheap does a development got to be to get office space filled in Downtown? :sly:

In 20 years it will look so tacky they'll tear it down.

vwwolfe Nov 22, 2019 11:47 PM

Kenect

https://i.imgur.com/khbJVavh.jpg

CrestedSaguaro Nov 23, 2019 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vwwolfe (Post 8756668)

Jeez Kenect is going up fast. 19th floor? 4 more to go. :tup:

vandypandybear Nov 24, 2019 12:21 AM

What Kenect looks like from a distance:

https://i.imgur.com/833utjGh.jpg

The Aspire Fillmore site is in the foreground. The X tower crane is to the right.

PyroD Nov 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Hello all. This is my first post but like most I've been lurking here for a while. A few weeks ago I stumbled across this website pertaining to the project at 1st Ave and Mckinley. It includes some early renderings.

http://anyflip.com/ngkk/lrsq/basic

I didn't post it til now because it was proposed so long ago and then forgotten that I assumed it was never actually happening.

Classical in Phoenix Nov 24, 2019 4:12 PM

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the post. Nice looking project.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 25, 2019 3:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix (Post 8757554)
Welcome aboard. Thanks for the post. Nice looking project.

Very nice looking project! With the tallest tower fronting 1st, there should be no reason for local push-back on this. Thanks for posting and welcome aboard PyroD!

fawd Nov 25, 2019 6:03 PM

Welcome to the forum, Pyro!