SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   City Discussions (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   How Is Covid-19 Impacting Life in Your City? (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242036)

Pedestrian Mar 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emathias (Post 8855604)
I would be very surprised if any health-related alcohol-only (or, rather, alcohol and water-only) sold for disinfectant purposes was lower than 60%, since 60-90% is considered the most effective concentration range for disinfectant purposes. Exceptions would usually have other disinfecting agents in the ingredients.

So be surprised unless you are calling me a liar. 50% isopropyl alcohol was the only pure alcohol they had and I bought it and it's sitting in my bathroom.

It is pure 50% isopropyl alcohol (no additives) and since coronaviruses are more susceptible than other viruses because of its protein envelope, I think it probably will work though not ideally. I have read studies show even standard hand soap will destroy the protein envelope and kill this virus.

A few days later I scored some 70% isopropyl alcohol "wipes" and I bought them too. Shelves of all these products around here are pretty bare.

jtown,man Mar 9, 2020 7:40 PM

The economic response to this is WAAAAY worse than the actual virus(I know this doesn't matter or probably isn't right to someone who knows someone who died from it though).

These idiots are forcing me to eat more Chinese and buy more stocks. Eh.

hauntedheadnc Mar 9, 2020 7:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtown,man (Post 8855926)
The economic response to this is WAAAAY worse than the actual virus(I know this doesn't matter or probably isn't right to someone who knows someone who died from it though).

These idiots are forcing me to eat more Chinese and buy more stocks. Eh.

Oh, icky poo! Stay away! Surely by now you've got the wasting disease!! :surrender:

jtown,man Mar 9, 2020 7:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc (Post 8855933)
Oh, icky poo! Stay away! Surely by now you've got the wasting disease!! :surrender:

My stomach hurts. But I love me some Chinese food and I like Chinatown, so I will continue to eat lol

hauntedheadnc Mar 9, 2020 7:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtown,man (Post 8855939)
My stomach hurts. But I love me some Chinese food and I like Chinatown, so I will continue to eat lol

With the news of how bad things are in Italy slowly worming it's way into the American consciousness, I wonder how long it will be before people start avoiding Italian restaurants. I guarantee you there's someone somewhere in this nation stupid enough to pitch a screaming fit in a grocery store about them still stocking Chef Boyardee*, and how dare they endanger the health of the public like that!

(*Note: This would be due to the product laying claim to some vague connection to Italian cuisine, and not because the product looks like, smells like, and has the consistency of the contents of a newborn's diaper.)

JManc Mar 9, 2020 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc (Post 8855953)
With the news of how bad things are in Italy slowly worming it's way into the American consciousness, I wonder how long it will be before people start avoiding Italian restaurants. I guarantee you there's someone somewhere in this nation stupid enough to pitch a screaming fit in a grocery store about them still stocking Chef Boyardee*, and how dare they endanger the health of the public like that!

(*Note: This would be due to the product laying claim to some vague connection to Italian cuisine, and not because the product looks like, smells like, and has the consistency of the contents of a newborn's diaper.)

I'm Italian and can't fathom denying myself Italian food.

Pedestrian Mar 9, 2020 8:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JManc (Post 8855971)

If you eat at a northern Italian restaurant in New York where the cooks might actually be from Milan or Turin, you might think about it. Otherwise not.

I do think about eating Mexican food where I am because the cook might actually live in Mexico (I am predicting eventually Mexico is going to have a HUGE problem even though it's getting no press yet). And in San Francisco, the cook at your Chinese place could have flown in from Wuhan just after New Years. It's a consideration and I think not one to be made light of.

It's not the same as the Panda Express in Peoria or the Domino Pizza in Kansas City.

iheartthed Mar 9, 2020 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXboom (Post 8853579)
SXSW has been cancelled which is crazy. Likely due to international nature of event and liability issues.

Since I attended SXSW last year I'm on a couple of mailing lists, and apparently some of the houses are still planning to host events. I guess it won't be a total loss. I wouldn't risk going this year, though. It seems like an easy way to end up under a 14-day quarantine.

hauntedheadnc Mar 9, 2020 8:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JManc (Post 8855971)

Only because you are callous and have no regard for your health or that of others. Ask any of the leading social media experts: Coronavirus is just as easily transmitted by garlic as it is by five-spice powder. That's why people are avoiding Chinatowns and Chinese restaurants owned by Cambodians who have no trace of an accent or, as you'll sometimes find around here, do have an accent, but one that sounds like Bubba T. Cornpone hungover.

JManc Mar 9, 2020 8:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8855979)
If you eat at a northern Italian restaurant in New York where the cooks might actually be from Milan or Turin, you might think about it. Otherwise not.

I do think about eating Mexican food where I am because the cook might actually live in Mexico (I am predicting eventually Mexico is going to have a HUGE problem even though it's getting no press yet). And in San Francisco, the cook at your Chinese place could have flown in from Wuhan just after New Years. It's a consideration and I think not one to be made light of.

It's not the same as the Panda Express in Peoria or the Domino Pizza in Kansas City.

Being southern Italian, I typically don't go out of my way for northern Italian which is comparatively rare here anyway. Although, the food is still probably sourced locally and unless the chef/ cooks were in Italy within the past month or so, probably not too worried.

As for Mexico, I'd be more worried about what's floating around San Francisco. There's 70 or so cases already in that area.

jtown,man Mar 9, 2020 9:12 PM

Quote:

hahaha great

I will do my duty in that situation also.

dimondpark Mar 9, 2020 9:34 PM

From earlier today: A traveler from Australia on board the Grand Princess records the moment they passed underneath the GGB and into the Bay.
Video Link

Kenneth Mar 9, 2020 9:41 PM

A big change in Detroit was that the mYor of Detroit pleaded with the water commissioner to restore water to tens of thousands of residents shutoff a few yrs ago because of the threat of the Coronavirus.
They concluded that its unfair to stress to residents to wash their hands and practice good sanitation without water going into the homes.

Emprise du Lion Mar 9, 2020 10:22 PM

St. Louis appears to be business as usual, although there's one known case here in suburban Ladue. A 20 year old college student returning from Italy is the area's first case, although she flew into O'Hare and stayed in Chicago at a friend's for a bit before taking the Amtrak back down to St. Louis.

What's really making the area pissed is that the girl's family, who were ordered to self-quarantine, defied the fucking quarantine multiple times. The mother went about her business and ran errands in public, the high school age daughter was sent to school, and the father and daughter attended a reception/dance at the Ritz Carlton.

Sam Page, the St. Louis County Executive, had to give a press conference threatening to get a court order to quarantine the whole family if they keep leaving the house. Although he has reported that the girl with the actual virus has at least been following direction, so there's that.

Edit: Bayer just closed their campus in Creve Coeur "until further notice" because one of their employees has potentially tested positive. So maybe not quite as business as usual as I previously said.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JManc (Post 8856015)
Being southern Italian, I typically don't go out of my way for northern Italian which is comparatively rare here anyway. Although, the food is still probably sourced locally and unless the chef/ cooks were in Italy within the past month or so, probably not too worried.

As for Mexico, I'd be more worried about what's floating around San Francisco. There's 70 or so cases already in that area.

People need to understand: This is going to be everywhere and it might be worst in some places that don't yet have it because they aren't as vigilant. That's why I'm fingering Mexico (and the fact that the Public Health system there is as inept as they are at so much else).

KevinFromTexas Mar 10, 2020 1:32 AM

UT Austin is moving to have all their classes be online only starting after spring break.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/he...5-2b7156be8c16

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 2:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas (Post 8856321)
UT Austin is moving to have all their classes be online only starting after spring break.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/he...5-2b7156be8c16

Because they want to be sure students have a chance to go on Spring Break and either take it with them and spread it all over of catch it wherever they go and bring it back to campus.

Handro Mar 10, 2020 2:58 AM

Quote:

My sister and her family live in the Italian “red zone” (a city called Brescia in Lombardy) and they say the coverage they’ve seen from US outlets paints a way different picture than what they’re experiencing. People are being extra vigilant and schools are shut down, but it isn’t pandemonium in the streets or anything like that. My brother in law is still going to work every day, they are just making sure to wipe everything down as often as possible.

KevinFromTexas Mar 10, 2020 3:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8856342)
Because they want to be sure students have a chance to go on Spring Break and either take it with them and spread it all over of catch it wherever they go and bring it back to campus.

They're gonna go anyway, that's the reason for the class ban after spring break. Since when does youth listen to authority?

KevinFromTexas Mar 10, 2020 3:25 AM

SXSW is laying off a third of it's employees. Man, and they just built a fancy new office tower last year.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/sxsw...-of-2020-event
Quote:

"Due to the City of Austin's unprecedented and unexpected cancellation of the SXSW 2020 events in March, SXSW has been rigorously reviewing our operations, and we are in the unimaginable position of reducing our workforce. Today we said goodbye to approximately one-third of our full-time staff."

jd3189 Mar 10, 2020 3:28 AM

Flights have been cheap, so there’s that. Good time to take a weekend trip to a place not highly at risk.:cheers:

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 4:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd3189 (Post 8856410)
Flights have been cheap, so there’s that. Good time to take a weekend trip to a place not highly at risk.:cheers:

Just get right on that plane and breathe that recirculated air while gripping the arm rest another person gripped on the earlier leg of your plane’s travels (and be sure to use the bathroom where some other passenger, not feeling well, just was).

KevinFromTexas Mar 10, 2020 4:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8856435)
Just get right on that plane and breathe that recirculated air while gripping the arm rest another person gripped on the earlier leg of your plane’s travels (and be sure to use the bathroom where some other passenger, not feeling well, just was).

You can also breathe through the overhead oxygen mask to avoid all the floating particles.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 5:36 AM

Quote:

[NY] Officials not ruling out shutting down mass transit in wake of coronavirus
Published 16 hours ago/Updated 7 hours ago

NEW YORK - Despite the spread of coronavirus, state and local officials are not shutting down mass transit in the city and state, at least not yet. An estimated 4.3 million people ride the New York City subway system a day.

MTA Interim Chairperson Sarah Feinberg told FOX 5 NY morning program 'Good Day New York' and echoed statements from NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio a day earlier that they are not ruling out the possibility.

"This is a dynamic situation," Feinberg said. "Moment by moment; hour by hour. We will follow the guidance we are given by medical experts."

More than 51,000 MTA employees are working to help prevent the spread of the virus in the city by cleaning and disinfecting 'touchpoints' and disinfecting subway cars every 72 hours. Workers are using bleach to scrub down all 472 stations, 6,714 subway cars, and 5,700 buses. The goal is to sanitize anything any commuter might touch.

From cleaning and disinfecting touchpoints to disinfecting subway car every 72 hours, interim MTA Chairperson Sarah Feinberg says lots of effort is being made to prevent the spread of coronavirus on mass transit. She also said if the urgency warrants, mass transit could be shut down in NYC.

"It's what's feasible at the moment. We are following the guidance we are given from medical experts," Feinberg said.

Part of the contingency plan involves imploring employers to stager work hours of employees to reduce the number of commuters and straphangers on any train or subway at any given time . . . .

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/official...of-coronavirus

Quote:

NYC Asks Commuters to Stay Off Public Transit ‘If You Can’ to Combat Virus Spread
Published March 8, 2020 • Updated on March 9, 2020 at 1:00 pm

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio asked sick people to stay off public transit, especially subways and buses.

Their warnings included a suggestion to avoid dense crowds on buses, subways and trains, or take alternate travel if possible.

"If you take the subway and you are able to wait for a less packed train, please do. If you have the option of walking or biking, please do. Buses can be crowded too, but less than subways, so please use these if you can," de Blasio said.

"Move to a train car that is not as dense. If you see a packed train car, let it go by. Wait for the next train. Same if you’re taking a bus," Cuomo said . . . .
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...pread/2317584/

chris08876 Mar 10, 2020 5:37 AM

People have been buying too much toilet paper. Literally, toilet paper shortages at stores. I suppose bountry will do, might not be "soft" though. Leaves not fully grown or showing yet, so worst case scenario, dry leaves.

Or newspapers.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8856503)
People have been buying too much toilet paper. Literally, toilet paper shortages at stores. I suppose bountry will do, might not be "soft" though. Leaves not fully grown or showing yet, so worst case scenario, dry leaves.

Or newspapers.

Quilted Northern! Nothing less touches my butt, no matter how bad it gets.

I do expect 10023 can use 5 pound notes:

https://www.economist.com/img/b/1280...917_BRP502.jpg
https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/f...rt=mostpopular

10023 Mar 10, 2020 7:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilbao58 (Post 8855255)
It still has a death rate 10 times that of the flu for people under 50. And it might not kill you, or even make you ill, but it could very well kill Granny after you go visit her.

Obviously one shouldn’t go visit Granny right now. And perhaps Granny should stay home. Otherwise, life goes on.

People throw out statistics like the above, but 10x almost zero is still almost zero.

jtown,man Mar 10, 2020 12:02 PM

I booked a flight last night. Tickets are CHEAP. I don't give a damn, I Lysol my plane seat as it was anyways lol

iheartthed Mar 10, 2020 3:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8856503)

Or newspapers.

Why do people suddenly need so much toilet paper?! I don't get it!

chris08876 Mar 10, 2020 3:30 PM

^^^^^

Folks think the apocalypse is coming. Literally spending hundreds of dollars on stuff that they are not going to use. Sanitizer for months, toilet paper, canned foods, and tons of water. Costco is limiting the amount of water folks can buy.

And cough syrup, thats another item that's being hoarded. And not just for recreational purposes, but folks are literally buying it in preparation for the Apocalypse. I was at Shoprite on Saturday and there was this lady with 5... I repeat 5 Robitussin.

But yeah with the toilet paper, I don't get it either. Maybe if this was a virus that had the side effect of uncontrollable explosions, I get it, but than we'd be talking about a diaper shortage. Well, let me not jinx it.

Handro Mar 10, 2020 4:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartthed (Post 8856755)
Why do people suddenly need so much toilet paper?! I don't get it!

Yes that's a weird thing to hoard to a respiratory illness...

MonkeyRonin Mar 10, 2020 4:15 PM

Went to the grocery store last night. Everything was pretty normal, except that the toilet paper shelf had been picked bare.

What's with the global phenomenon of stockpiling toilet paper? Are people worried they're going to shit themselves to death? :???:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd3189 (Post 8856410)

I almost took advantage of some of those, but have now been thinking twice about that as the effects of this really seem to be ramping up. I'm not so much worried about being in a place where I may or may not be as susceptible to getting it as I am here; but I am concerned about potentially being caught in an area that gets locked down and getting stranded, or about flights being cancelled, or being on a plane with someone with the virus and then having to go into quarantine, etc. It's all very unpredictable.

So now I'm planning a road trip to Detroit instead.

iheartthed Mar 10, 2020 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin (Post 8856884)
I almost took advantage of some of those, but have now been thinking twice about that as the effects of this really seem to be ramping up. I'm not so much worried about being in a place where I may or may not be as susceptible to getting it as I am here; but I am concerned about potentially being caught in an area that gets locked down and getting stranded, or about flights being cancelled, or being on a plane with someone with the virus and then having to go into quarantine, etc. It's all very unpredictable.

So now I'm planning a road trip to Detroit instead.

This is my concern too. I was thinking about a getaway but I don't want to end up quarantined or stuck outside of the country.

destroycreate Mar 10, 2020 5:12 PM

I never thought I'd be content with having zero future travel plans, but to be honest I'm relieved even though there's nothing to look forward to. One, I needed to save money and just stay put anyways, but two, don't want to be at risk, and certainly don't want to have to cancel a non-refundable trip. I feel terrible for people who had all sorts of elaborate travel plans only to be able to see it disappear completely.

Handro Mar 10, 2020 5:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by destroycreate (Post 8856992)
I never thought I'd be content with having zero future travel plans, but to be honest I'm relieved even though there's nothing to look forward to. One, I needed to save money and just stay put anyways, but two, don't want to be at risk, and certainly don't want to have to cancel a non-refundable trip. I feel terrible for people who had all sorts of elaborate travel plans only to be able to see it disappear completely.

Yes it's a pain in the ass. My sister and her kids were supposed to visit us from Italy in two weeks, now she's scrambling for a refund of some kind. I'm also planning to go to Israel in June, watching their new "quarantine EVERYONE" policy closely. If that's still in place in a few months I guess that trip is off.

suburbanite Mar 10, 2020 5:47 PM

I've got Barcelona planned in May and as long as most of the restaurants and day trips I want to partake in are still open, I see no reason to cancel. Would be a shame if something like the La Sagrada Familia was closed though.

chris08876 Mar 10, 2020 6:04 PM

New York National Guard activated to combat coronavirus, establish ‘containment area’

Quote:

The State of New York is activating the National Guard to establish a “containment area” to slow the spread of novel coronavirus within part of New Rochelle, New York, a suburb of New York City, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Within the area, “major gathering places” and other facilities “within one mile of the center of the outbreak” will be closed for 14 days, the Wall Street Journal reported.

This focal point is believed to be a synagogue where the first cases of coronavirus exposure were detected, according to the New York Times.

The National Guard will “deliver food and clean schools in the zone during the containment period,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said, as reported by ABC News.

As of Monday, there were 98 reported cases in Westchester County, where New Rochelle is located, and 19 cases in New York City, according to the New York State Department of Health. A total of 142 total positive cases are reported statewide.

A state’s governor may activate the National Guard under Title 32 State Active Duty authority “in response to natural or man-made disasters or Homeland Defense missions.” Guardsmen remain under “command and control” of the Governor," according to the National Guard Bureau.
=======================
https://www.militarytimes.com/breaki...tainment-area/

chris08876 Mar 10, 2020 6:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburbanite (Post 8857047)
I've got Barcelona planned in May and as long as most of the restaurants and day trips I want to partake in are still open, I see no reason to cancel. Would be a shame if something like the La Sagrada Familia was closed though.

I too am heading to Spain in May.

Spain, France, Netherlands... in that order. Not canceling, and hope not too.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 6:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8856806)
^^^^^

Folks think the apocalypse is coming. Literally spending hundreds of dollars on stuff that they are not going to use. Sanitizer for months, toilet paper, canned foods, and tons of water. Costco is limiting the amount of water folks can buy.

And cough syrup, thats another item that's being hoarded. And not just for recreational purposes, but folks are literally buying it in preparation for the Apocalypse. I was at Shoprite on Saturday and there was this lady with 5... I repeat 5 Robitussin.

But yeah with the toilet paper, I don't get it either. Maybe if this was a virus that had the side effect of uncontrollable explosions, I get it, but than we'd be talking about a diaper shortage. Well, let me not jinx it.

Why are they buying water? It's not nuclear war or a hurricane. The taps aren't going to run dry or the local water supply contaminated.

The toilet paper I understand. They think the time is coming when they won't want to go to Walmart or CostCo to buy it and I agree. I used my hand santizer immediately after leaving the store the other day myself.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 6:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8857064)

Maybe they won't let you in. The US could be like Hubei by then (though it's more likely they will be with their open borders to Italy).

10023 Mar 10, 2020 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8857074)
Maybe they won't let you in. The US could be like Hubei by then (though it's more likely they will be with their open borders to Italy).

Or everywhere is and it doesn’t really matter anymore.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8857061)
New York National Guard activated to combat coronavirus, establish ‘containment area’
The National Guard will “deliver food and clean schools in the zone during the containment period,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said, as reported by ABC News.

This is so crazy. National guard soldiers don't know anything about avoiding contamination. If there is any virus in these places they are cleaning, they are likely to catch it and spread it further.

Anyway, the idea of a ghetto with a synagogue in the center is maybe not so new.

10023 Mar 10, 2020 6:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8857061)

=======================
https://www.militarytimes.com/breaki...tainment-area/

This is not a containment area.

JManc Mar 10, 2020 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris08876 (Post 8857064)

Netherlands, Belgium and Germany for us in May as well.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 6:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin (Post 8856884)
Went to the grocery store last night. Everything was pretty normal, except that the toilet paper shelf had been picked bare.

What's with the global phenomenon of stockpiling toilet paper? Are people worried they're going to shit themselves to death? :???:

People are stocking up on "essentials" so they won't have to go to stores and mingle with the crowds there if the virus becomes widespread in their communities. Makes perfect sense to me however I stocked up on TP and paper towels about a week ago just because I needed them.

JManc Mar 10, 2020 6:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8857090)
People are stocking up on "essentials" so they won't have to go to stores and mingle with the crowds there if the virus becomes widespread in their communities. Makes perfect sense to me however I stocked up on TP and paper towels about a week ago just because I needed them.

Have these people not heard of Amazon?

MonkeyRonin Mar 10, 2020 6:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartthed (Post 8856945)
This is my concern too. I was thinking about a getaway but I don't want to end up quarantined or stuck outside of the country.

It was only about a week ago that I was thinking a trip to Italy was a fantastic idea - fewer crowds and discounted prices just for the risk of a then seemingly overhyped virus. Glad I didn't do that now, given how quickly and dramatically things have changed there.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to do any travelling, I think local road trips are the way the go. Less of a commitment, easier to adapt as needed, less exposure to potential carriers.

It's a bit of a bummer (especially as I had skipped any "big" international trips last year so as to be able to do several this year), but perhaps this is an opportunity to spend a bit more time exploring our own regions and getting to know some of our overlooked neighbouring cities a bit better.

Or just save that money and invest in stocks as the market bottoms out instead. That'll be bound to pay off in a couple years.

Kngkyle Mar 10, 2020 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedestrian (Post 8857078)
This is so crazy. National guard soldiers don't know anything about avoiding contamination. If there is any virus in these places they are cleaning, they are likely to catch it and spread it further.

Anyway, the idea of a ghetto with a synagogue in the center is maybe not so new.

I'd be surprised if the National Guard doesn't train for events like this.

Pedestrian Mar 10, 2020 6:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JManc (Post 8857100)
Have these people not heard of Amazon?

So do you know whose been handling that stuff you'll be handling when you open the Amazon package? Bet they coughed into your box before sealing it.

Besides, I'm finding Amazon is "out of stock" on the same stuff my local Walmart is so they may not be such a reliable source to depend on.

Finally, bulky but cheap stuff like TP isn't always available on Amazon Prime.

Chicago3rd Mar 10, 2020 6:46 PM

In Sitges this week. The flight over from Boston was not full, but I swear, Logan and Heathrow were the healthiest I've ever seen them (7 hours combined in each of them). Normally there is hacking and coughing all over the place....not this visit. Some masks.

Sitges is small town just outside of Barcelona and life is going along normally here. Tomorrow we will be in Barcelona and should be fine. Tons of hand sanitizer and no masks. We'll see.