SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

MiEncanto Mar 7, 2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9885491)
This project also may be taking awhile due to fact they have to plumb at least one bathroom for each unit.This was once an office building with probably the least amount of fixtures the code allows :shrug:

This is a good reminder for all those who casually lament that we don't see enough urban redevelopment projects. They can be incredibly difficult and time consuming. I wonder how much they saved on erection compared to remediation work?

Why can't that old mall just become low-income apartments?! Well... this is why.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 8, 2023 3:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiEncanto (Post 9885543)
This is a good reminder for all those who casually lament that we don't see enough urban redevelopment projects. They can be incredibly difficult and time consuming. I wonder how much they saved on erection compared to remediation work?

Why can't that old mall just become low-income apartments?! Well... this is why.

I wasn't here yet when One Lexington was converted from office to condos. For comparison, does anyone recollect how long that took?

Edit: Looks like I found the answer. 18 months according to the contractor's website: https://arc-az.com/projects/multi-family/. Anyone know if that's accurate?

IndyAZ Mar 8, 2023 4:02 PM

New Construction Camera is up for X PHX II, and since it is mounted on ASU dorm, you can see the SW corner of Central Station project and The Henri (Toll Brothers) project within the view!

https://app.oxblue.com/cameras/21a16...co/xphoenixph2

Mr.RE Mar 8, 2023 4:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9886253)
New Construction Camera is up for X PHX II, and since it is mounted on ASU dorm, you can see the SW corner of Central Station project and The Henri (Toll Brothers) project within the view!

https://app.oxblue.com/cameras/21a16...co/xphoenixph2

Isn't the Astra project site immediately in front of this camera next to the YMCA? If that ever gets going this will be a perfect view!

ASU Diablo Mar 8, 2023 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.RE (Post 9886278)
Isn't the Astra project site immediately in front of this camera next to the YMCA? If that ever gets going this will be a perfect view!

I forgot to mention this the other day but drove down 3rd Ave and saw fencing around the old law office building (362 N 3rd Ave) where the proposed tower is supposed to go. I'm guessing this will get demolished soon. You can see part of the fencing on the right hand side of the cam.

MiEncanto Mar 8, 2023 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9886389)
I forgot to mention this the other day but drove down 3rd Ave and saw fencing around the old law office building (362 N 3rd Ave) where the proposed tower is supposed to go. I'm guessing this will get demolished soon. You can see part of the fencing on the right hand side of the cam.

While we are in that neighborhood, I've been wondering what's the story on the closed auto body shop at 3rd Ave and Van Buren. It was the Firestone next to the AAMCO.

An LLC owned by Mark A Davis bought it a few years ago. He has been involved in some medium sized projects in the past according to his website.

Obadno Mar 8, 2023 8:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiEncanto (Post 9886480)
While we are in that neighborhood, I've been wondering what's the story on the closed auto body shop at 3rd Ave and Van Buren. It was the Firestone next to the AAMCO.

An LLC owned by Mark A Davis bought it a few years ago. He has been involved in some medium sized projects in the past according to his website.

Never heard a whif of a plan for this. I think it would make a great reuse as a restaurant with big glass windows.

MiEncanto Mar 8, 2023 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9886572)
Never heard a whif of a plan for this. I think it would make a great reuse as a restaurant with big glass windows.

I agree. Regrettably I bet the building is in bad shape and has a ton of remediation work. If that's the case, it might make more sense to scrape and go vertical. It's not like it's particularly attractive. It's a great corner that should be productive.

Phxguy Mar 8, 2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9886572)
Never heard a whif of a plan for this. I think it would make a great reuse as a restaurant with big glass windows.

Looks like a prelim site plan review was held yesterday—not much detail other than it’s a rehab.

Agreed on turning those walls against Van Buren into giant windows! Though I wonder how much of the exterior can be altered on a listed historic building.
Would love to see a venue similar to the ChamPang Lanes or Century Grand buildings with multiple concepts.

ASU Diablo Mar 8, 2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9886752)
Looks like a prelim site plan review was held yesterday—not much detail other than it’s a rehab.

Agreed on turning those walls against Van Buren into giant windows! Though I wonder how much of the exterior can be altered on a listed historic building.
Would love to see a venue similar to the ChamPang Lanes or Century Grand buildings with multiple concepts.

Amazing news. I’m glad it’s not getting scrapped

Prestige Worldwide Mar 9, 2023 5:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiEncanto (Post 9886480)
While we are in that neighborhood, I've been wondering what's the story on the closed auto body shop at 3rd Ave and Van Buren. It was the Firestone next to the AAMCO.

An LLC owned by Mark A Davis bought it a few years ago. He has been involved in some medium sized projects in the past according to his website.

Goodwill is slated to open a location at the old Firestone Building.

azsunsurfer Mar 9, 2023 3:41 PM

Anyone have any updated pics of the new developments going up on 7th St (i.e. site where the bikini beans was)?

ASU Diablo Mar 9, 2023 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide (Post 9887052)
Goodwill is slated to open a location at the old Firestone Building.

Unreal if true. I thought we dodged the Goodwill bullet when it had been rumored to be taking over DeSoto.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 9, 2023 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9887276)
Unreal if true. I thought we dodged the Goodwill bullet when it had been rumored to be taking over DeSoto.

:yeahthat:

ASU Diablo Mar 11, 2023 4:53 PM

Anyone making the DVC meeting today? Saw on the agenda True North Studios is supposed to provide an update on their projects

Warren Peace Mar 11, 2023 9:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide (Post 9887052)
Goodwill is slated to open a location at the old Firestone Building.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/19b5...itemid=5394064

IndyAZ Mar 13, 2023 2:59 PM

X PHX II camera angle was updated so you can now see the entire X PHX II project AND the entire Central Station project!

https://app.oxblue.com/cameras/21a16...co/xphoenixph2

PHX31 Mar 13, 2023 6:57 PM

/\ Very nice view. Would love it if Astra could take up the right side of the picture.

So does have a current crane count downtown? Considering Realm will have 2, or maybe already does at this point, are we at 7?

1. X PHX II
2. Central Station 1
3. Central Station 2
4. Realm 1
5. Realm 2
6. Sayia
7. Palmtower

CrestedSaguaro Mar 13, 2023 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9890544)
/\ Very nice view. Would love it if Astra could take up the right side of the picture.

So does have a current crane count downtown? Considering Realm will have 2, or maybe already does at this point, are we at 7?

1. X PHX II
2. Central Station 1
3. Central Station 2
4. Realm 1
5. Realm 2
6. Sayia
7. Palmtower

Technically at 8 if you count Union Phase 2.

Cleve Mar 13, 2023 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9890544)
/\ Very nice view. Would love it if Astra could take up the right side of the picture.

So does have a current crane count downtown? Considering Realm will have 2, or maybe already does at this point, are we at 7?

1. X PHX II
2. Central Station 1
3. Central Station 2
4. Realm 1
5. Realm 2
6. Sayia
7. Palmtower


What's the hold up on X Roosevelt?? Fence wrap and some equipment on site...


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.