SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Development (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wrigley Field Redevelopment News (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146817)

the urban politician Oct 8, 2017 9:58 PM

Why hasn't the portion flush with Clark St started construction?

RockfordSoxFan Oct 9, 2017 2:31 AM

These shots are fantastic. I hope I'm around long enough to see this happen on the south side. Probably still decades away. Anyway, love whats going on, on the north side.

chrisvfr800i Oct 9, 2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 7946267)
Why hasn't the portion flush with Clark St started construction?

That area is steel construction, so they are holding off on it to allow staging for the concrete portion...if memory serves.

J_M_Tungsten Oct 9, 2017 2:48 PM

Random, but are there any plans to fill in that lot directly behind center field? I know they put vendors there on game days, and use it for press during playoffs, but seems like something of value can be permanently added.

Skyguy_7 Oct 9, 2017 2:54 PM

^With so many stadiums existing as an island within a sea of parking, I am damn proud that Wrigley Field has about only one adjacent lot left.

IrishIllini Oct 9, 2017 4:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 7946586)
^With so many stadiums existing as an island within a sea of parking, I am damn proud that Wrigley Field has about only one adjacent lot left.

Wrigley is sitting proof that stadiums don't need to be in a sea of parking lots to draw crowds. Getting to Wrigley on a game day can be a hassle, but that doesn't stop tens of thousands from showing up.

J_M_Tungsten Oct 9, 2017 4:27 PM

So, nothing then? Just curious about that lot.

Investing In Chicago Oct 9, 2017 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten (Post 7946583)
Random, but are there any plans to fill in that lot directly behind center field? I know they put vendors there on game days, and use it for press during playoffs, but seems like something of value can be permanently added.

The value is a lot for staging, etc. directly next to the stadium. I'd be shocked if it's ever developed.

maru2501 Oct 9, 2017 6:39 PM

is it ricketts-owned?

Investing In Chicago Oct 9, 2017 7:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru2501 (Post 7946780)
is it ricketts-owned?

I don't believe so, it wasn't owned by the cubs as of 2014.

Chicago29 Oct 9, 2017 9:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten (Post 7946583)

One thing Wrigley does not have that a number of other ballparks do is a Hall of Fame museum. Not sure if that site would have the space or if the Cubs are even considering one at all, but it'd be an attraction to bring fans in even outside baseball season.

ardecila Oct 10, 2017 3:57 AM

So then what do you call the space off the plaza where the World Series trophy was kept? Seems like a good spot for a museum there, instead of a relatively sleepy corner behind the bleachers.

MegaBass Oct 10, 2017 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago29 (Post 7947005)
One thing Wrigley does not have that a number of other ballparks do is a Hall of Fame museum. Not sure if that site would have the space or if the Cubs are even considering one at all, but it'd be an attraction to bring fans in even outside baseball season.

Makes me wonder if any of the rooftops the Ricketts own would ever be converted into a museum or whatever. The plaza does have artifacts scattered around the Brickhouse (restaurant), team store and offices. I'm sure more will be placed in those exclusive clubs, Sheffield-Addison two-story retail and entertainment addition (where Captain Morgan Club/DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone is) and throughout the park.

N830MH Oct 11, 2017 3:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishIllini (Post 7946648)
Wrigley is sitting proof that stadiums don't need to be in a sea of parking lots to draw crowds. Getting to Wrigley on a game day can be a hassle, but that doesn't stop tens of thousands from showing up.

Yes, could be hassle. You have to be there earlier and they won't be stuck the traffic. Please take on trains instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 7947277)
So then what do you call the space off the plaza where the World Series trophy was kept? Seems like a good spot for a museum there, instead of a relatively sleepy corner behind the bleachers.

Yes, this is where they kept WS trophy. That's exactly where they will be at.

gallo Nov 21, 2017 1:18 AM

1111 W Addison - Taco Bell Site

https://preview.ibb.co/iF3cdR/TacoBell.jpg
image url

KWillChicago Nov 21, 2017 2:05 AM

Classy looking fill in. But im still going to miss the drunk headquarters at midnight.

left of center Nov 21, 2017 4:38 AM

^ Taco Bell could possibly move into the ground floor?

woodrow Nov 21, 2017 4:38 PM

^ I think it was posted that Taco Bell is moving to Belmont & Sheffield, which, ugh. That is going to be a HUGE shit show late at night.

Meanwhile, the Park at Wrigley is all kinds of Christmas magic. Ice skating rink, lights, Snowflakes, mini Christkindlmarket, HUGE Christmas tree.

Investing In Chicago Nov 21, 2017 5:43 PM

I don't get the fondness many here seem to have with Taco Bell, I find it odd.

Kumdogmillionaire Nov 21, 2017 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investing In Chicago (Post 7993483)
I don't get the fondness many here seem to have with Taco Bell, I find it odd.

Rose-tinted glasses I'm sure, losing a place where degenerates flock and loiter is usually a good thing :shrug: