SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Sep 21, 2018 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 8321951)
Remind me where is this and what are the details?

NW corner of 3rd St and Portland. I posted a rendering a few pages back:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...ostcount=12870

muertecaza Sep 21, 2018 6:56 PM

I know other posters that know more than I do have doubts about Lafferty ever actually building something on his land in Eastlake Park. Would be interested to hear people weigh in on whether they think his land bring within the Opportunity Zones created by the Republican tax bill gives him a shot at getting enough investment to build.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ight-rail.html

CrestedSaguaro Sep 21, 2018 9:42 PM

Someone post this that has access please!! 25 stories :cheers:

Quote:

'Psycho' Jefferson Hotel slated for $80M condo project in downtown Phoenix
Quote:

Sunbelt Holdings Inc. and Crescent Bay Holdings are teaming to develop ... on redeveloping the property, also known as the Barrister building.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...80m-condo.html

combusean Sep 21, 2018 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 8322241)
Totally concur. Michael Crow is 3 chess steps ahead at all times.

Ok, the Arts and Business Gateway failed. The thing with Jerry Colangelo failed. They never activated the north side of Apache St like their plans said. The purchase of the lots west of Civic Space Park are not on any long term plans. Mirabella, afaict, came out of nowhere and they liked the idea because it was realistic.

The only landowners more glacial than ASU around here are Colliers.

Phxguy Sep 21, 2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8322720)
Someone post this that has access please!! 25 stories :cheers:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...80m-condo.html

Here's the full article, Ronnie

Sunbelt Holdings Inc. and Crescent Bay Holdings are teaming to develop a 25-story condominium project in the former Jefferson Hotel, which was featured in Alfred Hitchock's movie "Psycho."

Plans call for developing about 200 units in a 25-story tower, but those numbers could change, said John Graham, president and CEO of Scottsdale-based Sunbelt Holdings Inc.

The project, to be called Jefferson Place, will cost more than $80 million to develop.

While a general contractor has not been selected, architect for the project is SmithGroup, Graham said.

The goal is to break ground before the end of 2019 and be open 18 months after that, Graham said.

Crescent bought the historic building from the city of Phoenix for $2.8 million a few years ago. The building originally opened in 1915, and the city later bought it in 1990.

The project will be similar to Portland on the Park, which Sunbelt Holdings developed at 200 W. Portland St. in Phoenix near Margaret T. Hance Park in downtown Phoenix.

Portland on the Park, 200 W. Portland St., is a 14-story condominium tower that has a handful of units left for sale. That 149-unit, 14-story tower has less than a handful of units left for sale, Graham said. Those units average about 1,400 square feet priced about $400 per square foot. Some cost more than $1 million.

Jefferson Place units most likely will be a bit bigger than those at Portland on the Park, Graham said. It also will feature a few units priced at more than $1 million.

Christine Mackay, economic development director for the city of Phoenix, said the historic building's facade will be preserved.

Some condos will be inside the Jefferson Hotel building while others will be in a newly constructed tower, she said.

"They are not allowed to demolish or alter the outside of the building so that it will stay in historic nature," she said.

The city has had a few false starts on redeveloping the property, also known as the Barrister building. A previous developer could not secure funding to build apartments.

PHXFlyer11 Sep 21, 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8322746)
Here's the full article, Ronnie

Sunbelt Holdings Inc. and Crescent Bay Holdings are teaming to develop a 25-story condominium project in the former Jefferson Hotel, which was featured in Alfred Hitchock's movie "Psycho."

Plans call for developing about 200 units in a 25-story tower, but those numbers could change, said John Graham, president and CEO of Scottsdale-based Sunbelt Holdings Inc.

The project, to be called Jefferson Place, will cost more than $80 million to develop.

While a general contractor has not been selected, architect for the project is SmithGroup, Graham said.

The goal is to break ground before the end of 2019 and be open 18 months after that, Graham said.

Crescent bought the historic building from the city of Phoenix for $2.8 million a few years ago. The building originally opened in 1915, and the city later bought it in 1990.

The project will be similar to Portland on the Park, which Sunbelt Holdings developed at 200 W. Portland St. in Phoenix near Margaret T. Hance Park in downtown Phoenix.

Portland on the Park, 200 W. Portland St., is a 14-story condominium tower that has a handful of units left for sale. That 149-unit, 14-story tower has less than a handful of units left for sale, Graham said. Those units average about 1,400 square feet priced about $400 per square foot. Some cost more than $1 million.

Jefferson Place units most likely will be a bit bigger than those at Portland on the Park, Graham said. It also will feature a few units priced at more than $1 million.

Christine Mackay, economic development director for the city of Phoenix, said the historic building's facade will be preserved.

Some condos will be inside the Jefferson Hotel building while others will be in a newly constructed tower, she said.

"They are not allowed to demolish or alter the outside of the building so that it will stay in historic nature," she said.

The city has had a few false starts on redeveloping the property, also known as the Barrister building. A previous developer could not secure funding to build apartments.

So basically this is just a PR job to tell the city they still intend to build. Start by the end of 2019?? No contractor? This is a joke. It won't happen. Shameful for Phoenix Business Journal to recycle this crap.

CrestedSaguaro Sep 21, 2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 8322750)
So basically this is just a PR job to tell the city they still intend to build. Start by the end of 2019?? No contractor? This is a joke. It won't happen. Shameful for Phoenix Business Journal to recycle this crap.

After reading this, my excitement has dwindled. I am further not confident since Crescent Bay Holdings does a lot of land banking.

I fail to see why this lot continually fails to redevelop. :shrug:

ASU Diablo Sep 21, 2018 10:34 PM

8 businesses you didn't know were coming to downtown phoenix

I think we knew about all these except for a few.

Highlights:
  • Pizza Hut relocating to garage/ground retail space north of 44 Monroe. With Even Stevens, Poki place, and Pizza Hut, are all retail pads filled? Hopefully exciting retail will replace old Pizza Hut location
  • Cocktail/Bar Restaurant concept at Heard Building
  • Finally, some retail at Sumit Lofts with Bosa Donuts
http://dtphx.org/2018/09/21/8-new-bu...ntown-phoenix/

Phxguy Sep 21, 2018 11:23 PM

This week, it seems, is just one of those periods where development news pours like liquid gold from a fresh spring.

So, I take that the cocktail concept opening in the Heard Building won't have any impact on the largely-visible Central-facing retail suite if the entrance will be in the alley. Man, if you clean up the dumpsters and throw in some neon signs, this alleyway will be like any found in Tokyo. Maybe even string some lights across and increase the lighting to let newcomers know the alley is meant to be traversed.

There's one more retail pad south of Oh My Poki which is deserving of a candidate. Otherwise, this corner will be filled. Wonder if there are plans for the Pizza Hut building at Pierce/1st. Sigh, *Pipe dream warning*, with the vacancy of Pizza Hut, it would awesome if the Central-facing half of the block could be filled with permanent stalls for the Phoenix Public Market in a brick warehouse with a glass roofing. Atop which is a large glowing Public Market signage ala Seattle Market. And the other half of the block would have apartments facing 1st. Sorry, hard not to get carried away.

haux Sep 22, 2018 6:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/IMC8EAr.jpg
I got a quick shot on my way to work yesterday of The Link's cladding on the west side. The windows are interesting. They appear to be floor to ceiling on the black side and around 5 or 6 feet up on the white side. It's now taller than The Stewart by a few floors.

combusean Sep 23, 2018 2:34 AM

^ Those look like shower/bath windows to me.

michael85225 Sep 23, 2018 4:30 PM

Looks like they added a little something to the article about Jefferson place. It kind of reminds me of the rendering of the Luhrs Marriot where they showed only the base & not the top.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2casfk.jpg

gymratmanaz Sep 24, 2018 12:40 AM

Retro and modern at the same time!

CrestedSaguaro Sep 27, 2018 4:12 PM

Tower crane evaluation submitted for 200 W Monroe:

Quote:

Overview

Study (ASN): 2018-AWP-14797-OE
Prior Study:

Received Date: 09/17/2018
Entered Date: 09/17/2018
Map: View Map

Construction Info Structure Summary

Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: TEMP (Months: 18 Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 03/01/2019 to 09/01/2020

Structure Type: Crane
Structure Name: 200 W Monroe Construction Crane
FCC Number:

Structure Details Height and Elevation

Latitude (NAD 83): 33° 27' 03.69" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 112° 04' 37.59" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Phoenix
State: AZ
Nearest County: Maricopa

Proposed

Site Elevation:

Structure Height:

Total Height (AMSL):

PHXFlyer11 Sep 27, 2018 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8328030)

Very nice! Can you please remind me which project this is? Is it the office building?

Phxguy Sep 27, 2018 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 8328100)
Very nice! Can you please remind me which project this is? Is it the office building?

Fortunately not office, those plans were rubbish!

We never did see updated exterior design plans, but it called for 2 residential towers (and one that was along Van Buren but was a different phase). I think somewhere in the range of 500 units.

azliam Sep 27, 2018 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8328122)

We never did see updated exterior design plans, but it called for 2 residential towers (and one that was along Van Buren but was a different phase). I think somewhere in the range of 500 units.

This?

https://phxrising.city/2018/09/proje...-200-w-monroe/

nickw252 Sep 27, 2018 5:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8328030)

How long after filing a tower crane evaluation permit does it usually take until construction starts?

nickw252 Sep 27, 2018 5:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8328122)

Yeah I agree that office proposal was garbage. However, I would like to see some new Class A office towers built. Almost all of the recent construction has been residential. I assume that a large number of people who rent in the new residential buildings will be commuting outside of downtown. It would be nice for more employers to move downtown.

Obadno Sep 27, 2018 5:37 PM

This is supposed to be some offices but mostly multi-family (350 units?) for tower one with tower to to come.... "later" (we know how that goes).

We never really got a clear renderign though, how iminent is the project once the tower crane app is in usually?