SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   CHICAGO | 195 N Columbus (LSE) | 502 FT | 47 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213523)

Steely Dan Jul 11, 2017 1:43 PM

does anyone know if the height info we have in the thread title (642', 60 floors) is still accurate for the revised proposal?

intrepidDesign Jul 11, 2017 3:56 PM

To me, they should rotate the plan 180 degrees. I mean why wouldn't you want the amenities deck facing the park (east). You'd get the most sun that way.

10023 Jul 11, 2017 4:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrepidDesign (Post 7861613)
To me, they should rotate the plan 180 degrees. I mean why wouldn't you want the amenities deck facing the park (east). You'd get the most sun that way.

You'd get sun in the morning but the building would cast a shadow in the afternoon, when more people are going to be sitting by the pool.

r18tdi Jul 11, 2017 5:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 7861440)
does anyone know if the height info we have in the thread title (642', 60 floors) is still accurate for the revised proposal?

I believe 650 feet and 54 floors are new stats.

i_am_hydrogen Jul 11, 2017 5:38 PM

Higher-quality renderings:

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/zdb1...Parcel_O_4.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BlzY...Parcel_O_3.jpg

Zerton Jul 11, 2017 5:47 PM

Meh. Filler.

shakman Jul 11, 2017 6:10 PM

Thank God it is just a filler.

Kenmore Jul 11, 2017 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 7861820)
Thank God it is just a filler.

lol

Notyrview Jul 11, 2017 6:39 PM

I like this, it reminds me of SHOP's stuff. The base is beautiful.

Khantilever Jul 11, 2017 7:13 PM

I think the modular design and slight cantilevering make this nice filler, at the very least.

left of center Jul 11, 2017 9:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerton (Post 7861777)
Meh. Filler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakman (Post 7861820)
Thank God it is just a filler.

The good news is that it really won't be visible from most angles, since that site is bordered by many taller buildings.

denizen467 Jul 12, 2017 5:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 7861869)
I like this, it reminds me of SHOP's stuff. The base is beautiful.

Indeed. The base is beautfiul. Especially since this is ending up as "filler", we should be pretty happy with this.

Everyone also keep in mind that we've come to a time when 54 stories is considered filler. That's worth a banana by itself.

Also, thread title still has the 201 North Columbus as the address; news articles are referring to it as 195 North but I don't know how official that is.

Zerton Jul 12, 2017 10:39 PM

The base does look really nice. It will hopefully liven up that corner. The area is a bit barren and windswept as of now.

the urban politician Jul 13, 2017 2:59 AM

This is supposed to start in 2018, right?

If the developers can sell Coast they will be flush with cash. Plus if a lot of their equity into Vista can come from the EB-5 program and the like, then Magellan should easily have enough capital to get this project started. All they need is to sign 2 hotel flags and they are ready to go. Plus with this being all rental, they run no risk of cannibalizing condo sales from Vista.

nergie Jul 13, 2017 4:13 AM

Magellan has sold the Coast to a Canadian outfit based in Toronto. The article was in Crain's a few weeks ago.

Bombardier Jul 13, 2017 10:09 AM

^^At the meeting they said the project is slated to start in Q1 2018. I've heard they are in advanced talks with a hotel operator, Commune Hotels, to bring two of their flags into the building. I believe Tommie and Joie de Vivre are the two flags. They should have no problem starting this next year.

SamInTheLoop Jul 13, 2017 1:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombardier (Post 7863883)
^^At the meeting they said the project is slated to start in Q1 2018. I've heard they are in advanced talks with a hotel operator, Commune Hotels, to bring two of their flags into the building. I believe Tommie and Joie de Vivre are the two flags. They should have no problem starting this next year.


That's great news. Have been looking forward to this one for quite some time, and had been wondering what's taking so long. Think it's a very nice design and major shot of density.....

SamInTheLoop Jul 13, 2017 1:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 7863705)
This is supposed to start in 2018, right?

If the developers can sell Coast they will be flush with cash. Plus if a lot of their equity into Vista can come from the EB-5 program and the like, then Magellan should easily have enough capital to get this project started. All they need is to sign 2 hotel flags and they are ready to go. Plus with this being all rental, they run no risk of cannibalizing condo sales from Vista.


I think EB-5 is typically used for mezz debt. Regardless, it is not going to end up being a major source, and what's more the whole program is coming under much-needed significant scrutiny.......it's turned into a joke

the urban politician Jul 13, 2017 1:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7863989)
I think EB-5 is typically used for mezz debt. Regardless, it is not going to end up being a major source, and what's more the whole program is coming under much-needed significant scrutiny.......it's turned into a joke

Interesting, I didn't know that those funds were used for debt

James_Mac Jul 13, 2017 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7863989)
I think EB-5 is typically used for mezz debt. Regardless, it is not going to end up being a major source, and what's more the whole program is coming under much-needed significant scrutiny.......it's turned into a joke

At the community meeting on Monday someone asked the question about whether EB-5 funding was being used. My memory is that whoever was speaking said that it was not going to be used and that they had never seriously considered it. Apparently this project was just listed as an example of the sort of project that could benefit from EB-5 funding in the Daley application. The person speaking seemed a little annoyed at the Sun Times for creating the impression that EB-5 funding would be used for this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.