SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

Mr.RE Apr 7, 2020 8:06 PM

Thanks for the update Ronnie! I may be down there later this week and can snag some photos of these to get back to my consistent photo updates:D

Obadno Apr 8, 2020 5:54 PM

Looks like construction has begun on the Hyatt Place, they have taken down the covered parking, fenced off and digging up the pavement this morning.

Nobody-Important Apr 8, 2020 6:52 PM

Since I’m sort of new, call me out if I’m wrong but if i remember correctly there were only 2 designs for it and the shortest one was picked as the go to, right? That topic has been buried deep in this thread that I feel like it needs it’s own since they’ve begun prepping. Idk. Still interesting how quickly the’ve started to do it.

ASU Diablo Apr 8, 2020 6:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody-Important (Post 8888070)
Since I’m sort of new, call me out if I’m wrong but if i remember correctly there were only 2 designs for it and the shortest one was picked as the go to, right? That topic has been buried deep in this thread that I feel like it needs it’s own since they’ve begun prepping. Idk. Still interesting how quickly the’ve started to do it.

Two different things. I think you're referring to the Hyatt Regency Parking Garage RFP that the city put out. The City Council has not yet made any type of decision.

The new Hyatt Place project Obadno is referring to is going behind Orpheum Lofts

Nobody-Important Apr 8, 2020 7:05 PM

Ah, of course! That explains a lot. Still excited to see this one. Thanks for the clarification on both projects. Well, depending what the city decides on the other.

Obadno Apr 8, 2020 8:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody-Important (Post 8888085)
Ah, of course! That explains a lot. Still excited to see this one. Thanks for the clarification on both projects. Well, depending what the city decides on the other.

I think we all wanted something more tower-y but its still a densely built 10 story block replacing a parking lot and filling the core just a little bit more.

Not ideal but not terrible.

azliam Apr 8, 2020 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8888184)
I think we all wanted something more tower-y but its still a densely built 10 story block replacing a parking lot and filling the core just a little bit more.

Not ideal but not terrible.

It fills in the gaps, and should have a street presence. I see no issue with it. Plus, we can start expanding our downtown more once we start filling in these these gaps in the core. :tup:

Sunsfan87 Apr 8, 2020 9:26 PM

DTPHX Development updates

https://dtphx.org/2020/04/08/12-deve...ntown-phoenix/

Updated pictures and information about some projects downtown.

Mr.RE Apr 9, 2020 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 (Post 8888297)

Ok who is this Lauren Potter and why isn't she on this forum filling our need for quality photographers :P

biggus diggus Apr 9, 2020 10:42 PM

There's a crane being built at Park Central Mall right now

phoenixwillrise Apr 10, 2020 2:31 AM

Park Central

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8889451)
There's a crane being built at Park Central Mall right now

Yes, as mentioned on the Park Central thread. Go figure.:shrug:

nickw252 Apr 10, 2020 3:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 (Post 8888297)

That’s a really good rundown. Get her on this forum.

biggus diggus Apr 10, 2020 5:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 8889632)
Yes, as mentioned on the Park Central thread. Go figure.:shrug:

That's pretty unnecessarily rude.

IndyAZ Apr 10, 2020 2:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 8889696)
That’s a really good rundown. Get her on this forum.

It was pretty good article, but noticed she forgot X/Society Phoenix (although it was in the background of other photos) and the Battery.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 10, 2020 3:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 8889889)
It was pretty good article, but noticed she forgot X/Society Phoenix (although it was in the background of other photos) and the Battery.

I thought it was a minor re-hash of a few projects that have been going up for some time and doesn't mention the other 2/3rd's of projects going up.

IndyAZ Apr 10, 2020 3:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 8889932)
I thought it was a minor re-hash of a few projects that have been going up for some time and doesn't mention the other 2/3rd's of projects going up.

Maybe, but those were the only 2 projects downtown under construction that I can think of that weren't listed. There are many more coming that haven't broken ground, and Block 23/Ryan is still wrapping up, but technically open.

CrestedSaguaro Apr 10, 2020 4:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 8889940)
Maybe, but those were the only 2 projects downtown under construction that I can think of that weren't listed. There are many more coming that haven't broken ground, and Block 23/Ryan is still wrapping up, but technically open.

When I stated 2/3rd's, I was including upcoming developments. As for what's currently in construction, Portrait Phase 2, Broadstone Portland, Knipe House Office, ASU Thunderbird, the McKinley are all currently under construction with ECO Phx and Union Phase 2 both slated to break ground very soon.

Chestnut1 Apr 13, 2020 3:36 PM

It think preliminary building plans were submitted for the Central Station redevelopment (Project no. 19-2846). Fees were paid, anyway. Since I'm sure this was submitted remotely, there is no other information with it.

gymratmanaz Apr 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Come on Central Station!!!

Mr.RE Apr 15, 2020 5:56 PM

Any oxblue or camera links out there that are active we can watch?