SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

ASU Diablo Sep 1, 2015 5:57 PM

think i found it, looks like was deleted but was cached (Phoenix Business Journal)

Ohio software company Facility Source brings 200 jobs, headquarters to midtown Phoenix

Quote:

Phoenix just snagged a corporate headquarters relocation of Facility Source, a nearly 200-person software development firm from Ohio.

"Facility Source had a small call center in Tempe," said Danny Plapp, associate vice president for Colliers. "The owners liked the Valley, played golf here, and decided to relocate the company. They looked at Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix, before settling on midtown."

The company took the top floor of Central Park Square, a 255,000-square-foot, 12-story high-rise at 2020 N. Central Ave. The deal was signed before the former tenant finished moving down to the third floor.

Facility Source creates building automation software, allowing it to manage functions and maintenance anywhere from its new headquarters. It was founded in 2001, and it is a portfolio company of private equity form Warburg Pincus.

Among Facility Source's clients are Starbucks, Walgreens, The Home Depot, The Limited, OfficeMax, Target and others. It lists 90 clients with 80,000 locations managed with $2.3 billion in annual maintenance spending.

Plapp is so enthusiastic about Midtown that he has focused his energy on the area between Seventh Street and Seventh Avenue to take advantage of the energy that’s building there. It is taking some effort to draw in tenants like Facility Source, Plapp said.

"As buildings went up in Midtown, they turned their back on Central Avenue," said Plapp. "At 2020, we’re turning the lobby around to face Central Avenue and connect to light rail."

The lobby’s corporate feeling will be replaced with huddle space, collaborative meeting areas, and open from an atrium in the building to an outdoor seating area.

"Essentially, we’re doing a creative warehouse space in a tower," said Plapp.
NEW ARTICLE
http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/b...o-midtown.html

phoenixwillrise Sep 1, 2015 10:00 PM

Opening to street

Quote:

Originally Posted by poconoboy61 (Post 7149770)
Who are "these guys" and what is the article you're citing?

They know who they are I don't need to call them out by name. They are all in on touchy feely open every door to the street in every building situation.

dtnphx Sep 2, 2015 9:38 PM

This the development at 7th Ave. and Fillmore. It doesn't say so in the article.

WOOD PARTNERS BREAKS GROUND ON ALTA FILLMORE, A 230-UNIT COMMUNITY IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX

http://cem-az.com/wood-partners-brea...F15%2C+Issue+1

nickw252 Sep 2, 2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7151285)
This the development at 7th Ave. and Fillmore. It doesn't say so in the article.

WOOD PARTNERS BREAKS GROUND ON ALTA FILLMORE, A 230-UNIT COMMUNITY IN DOWNTOWN PHOENIX

http://cem-az.com/wood-partners-brea...F15%2C+Issue+1

That's at the SE corner of 7th Ave. and Fillmore, right?

There has been a lot of ground clearing there lately. That will be nice to have some new residential to the west side of downtown.

downtownphxguy12 Sep 2, 2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickw252 (Post 7151337)
That's at the SE corner of 7th Ave. and Fillmore, right?

There has been a lot of ground clearing there lately. That will be nice to have some new residential to the west side of downtown.

the rendering looks like it might be street friendly. there was talk of it being walled and gated.

someone bought an old cold storage warehouse along with two historic homes on south east corner of 7th ave and mckinley. turned the old warehouse into a print shop. heard rumor that homes might be turned into retail. lets hope.

building on the north east corner of mckinley and 7th seems under utilized. would be a great place for a trader joes, with all the historic neighborhoods to the north. lots of parking.

Obadno Sep 3, 2015 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=downtownphxguy12;7151394]the rendering looks like it might be street friendly. there was talk of it being walled and gated.
QUOTE]

The Alta already downtown is street friendly, so is the One in Scottsdale and Tempe

the Scottsdale and Tempe ones are more residential so they are set back a little front he street but they have rooms that open to the ground floor and the entrance to the office is off the street.

I never understood the issue people had with this project its going bring a LOT of people into the area. and its in a location that can start to spread the gentrification west and south

Van Buran and Grand are ripe for redevelopment and it would be great if we could replace those old motels with life to connect Downtown and Grand instead of having a deadzone of homeless people and prostitutes.

gymratmanaz Sep 3, 2015 4:47 AM

tonight I passed the hole where the new hotel will be AT THE LUHRS CENTER and guess what was in it?????
A CRANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeway Sep 3, 2015 5:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 7151830)
tonight I passed the hole where the new hotel will be AT THE LUHRS CENTER and guess what was in it?????
A CRANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was posted a couple days ago. Good news. Too bad no one seems to know what this structure is even gonna look like..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7148203)
They installed a crane for that hotel on Madison.

dtnphx Sep 3, 2015 3:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeway (Post 7151876)
This was posted a couple days ago. Good news. Too bad no one seems to know what this structure is even gonna look like..........

From Luhr's website. At least a partial...

http://pdf.leeazmail.com/pdfs/luhrsmarriott.jpg

pbenjamin Sep 3, 2015 3:59 PM

California retail, restaurant market concept coming to downtown Phoenix

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...article_search

mdpx Sep 3, 2015 6:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbenjamin (Post 7152212)
California retail, restaurant market concept coming to downtown Phoenix

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...article_search

That is an awesome concept. That will fill all that vacant space that faces First Ave. Exciting.

PHXFlyer11 Sep 3, 2015 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpx (Post 7152463)
That is an awesome concept. That will fill all that vacant space that faces First Ave. Exciting.

This is huge! I just hope that it survives long enough for all the influx of new residents in the next 6-8 months with all the apartments being built in roosevelt.

pbenjamin Sep 3, 2015 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7152495)
This is huge! I just hope that it survives long enough for all the influx of new residents in the next 6-8 months with all the apartments being built in roosevelt.

That has been a difficult location for restaurants.

Obadno Sep 3, 2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7152495)
This is huge! I just hope that it survives long enough for all the influx of new residents in the next 6-8 months with all the apartments being built in Roosevelt.

In the article he says that he expects to open in "about a year" and his cooperative office space on the top floor in just a few months.

So hopefully all of the new residents will be around when he opens+ whatever projects get started in the next 12 months.

biggus diggus Sep 3, 2015 11:30 PM

I live and work in the area and I can tell you it would take a really unique and interesting restaurant to entice me to go over there, it's kind of a pain to get in and out of that location.

pbenjamin Sep 3, 2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7152829)
I live and work in the area and I can tell you it would take a really unique and interesting restaurant to entice me to go over there, it's kind of a pain to get in and out of that location.

Are you driving when you have this problem?

biggus diggus Sep 4, 2015 12:00 AM

I'm generally always driving, it's quite hot out to walk 5 or 6 blocks and I'm not going to have a good time if I'm covered in sweat!

Obadno Sep 4, 2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7152859)
I'm generally always driving, it's quite hot out to walk 5 or 6 blocks and I'm not going to have a good time if I'm covered in sweat!

Are you new here or something? if you cant walk 5 blocks in 110 you are no true Phoenician.:P

But seriously its two blocks south of Central Station and 2 blocks north of Cityscape station, I don't really get what you mean but hard to get too?

combusean Sep 4, 2015 1:41 AM

More important for the Market than the actual number of residents, the pedestrian connections need to be there, and they're not. If it's oppressively hot, being located downtown is a disadvantage given the lack of shade and parking except when catering to lunch workers that were already there, captive, and relatively shaded. When I lived downtown, I could never handle the heat at the height of summer and drove the 1/3rd of a mile to Circle K instead of walked it because Fillmore is/was basically the surface of Mars. (In retrospect I should've had a bike, but I'm generally terrified of those).

If Phoenix wants retail connections to thrive, it's going to have to get serious about shade downtown, a promise that somehow never goes anywhere in the 9 years since Mayor Phil boomed of its importance.

As for Alta Fillmore, I think people want to see something more urban/mixed-use there (weren't they trying to build a gated community), but that site sucks. Only low rise buildings are allowed on the east side of 7th Ave and it'd probably not be worthwhile or be possible to park a project that was taller on the west side of 6th Ave. But that site is going to be 400 extra residents in that corner of downtown, providing fuel for something elsewhere.

biggus diggus Sep 4, 2015 4:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7152896)
Are you new here or something? if you cant walk 5 blocks in 110 you are no true Phoenician.:P

But seriously its two blocks south of Central Station and 2 blocks north of Cityscape station, I don't really get what you mean but hard to get too?

Not everyone feels like riding public transportation around town, I own cars for a reason. I'm just saying for me personally that location seems tougher to get in and out of than most others downtown.