SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

BonoboZill4 Jan 10, 2019 1:44 AM

https://i.imgur.com/t8YLbjd.jpg

Couldn't get a good picture today, here's all I could snag

Skyguy_7 Jan 10, 2019 1:21 PM

^No one's complaining!

Looks like they finished another floor of glass since 1/3. :cheers:

george Jan 13, 2019 12:13 AM

1/8

https://i.postimg.cc/90hKv90F/wp1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/L4trjxQq/WP2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/J05vmhH3/WP3.jpg

BonoboZill4 Jan 15, 2019 4:47 AM

https://i.imgur.com/3bj7QUp.jpg

harryc Jan 15, 2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8436712)
...

The regular updates are much appreciated.

SteelMonkey Jan 15, 2019 4:30 PM

^ For someone who is both unfortunately but thankfully temporarily monitoring this from the left coast, I wholeheartedly 2nd that. Thx Bonobo :cheers:

BonoboZill4 Jan 16, 2019 1:53 AM

No problem guys. We wouldn't have the forum we have today without people doing what they can. There are plenty who post much more or have way more insider info, so I try to do what I can. When the weather gets better I do look forward to doing city rundowns like the greats here do

BVictor1 Jan 17, 2019 6:53 AM

01/15/19

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707494/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707603/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707621/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707669/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707503/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707379/enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...707375/enhance

PittsburghPA Jan 18, 2019 12:53 AM

1/17/19
https://i.imgur.com/m6yXu5w.jpg?1

marothisu Jan 18, 2019 3:12 AM

Looks like it's almost half way up..

BonoboZill4 Jan 18, 2019 3:40 AM

https://i.imgur.com/gpjhJh1.jpg

BonoboZill4 Jan 18, 2019 3:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marothisu (Post 8440807)
Looks like it's almost half way up..

They are at the 31st floor, or 33/34th floor of the core, so a little past halfway or right at half way depending on how you measure your buildings while under construction. Crazy how big it is and that fact it has basically 50% to go!

Glass has been flying lately. Seems that they bottom 4 floors were taking a lot of time since, but now they are in a good rhythm

r18tdi Jan 18, 2019 4:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 8439635)

I like how the fins are having a nice little convo with the mart's vertical piers.

Donnie77 Jan 18, 2019 8:14 PM

This thing going up faster than Essex I feel!

She's a beaut.

marothisu Jan 18, 2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8440847)
They are at the 31st floor, or 33/34th floor of the core, so a little past halfway or right at half way depending on how you measure your buildings while under construction. Crazy how big it is and that fact it has basically 50% to go!

Glass has been flying lately. Seems that they bottom 4 floors were taking a lot of time since, but now they are in a good rhythm

In the picture, they have 30 floors complete which is why I said it's almost half way. I don't think that floors underground are counted in this really. By my calculations, this thing started from ground floor sometime around the 2nd week of August. So what are we looking at here - May or June topping out? Full glass by the time August rolls around?

BonoboZill4 Jan 19, 2019 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marothisu (Post 8442046)
In the picture, they have 30 floors complete which is why I said it's almost half way. I don't think that floors underground are counted in this really. By my calculations, this thing started from ground floor sometime around the 2nd week of August. So what are we looking at here - May or June topping out? Full glass by the time August rolls around?

I'd say June or July if we are looking at 1.5 floors per week as safe bets. The core could definitely top out in May. i wouldn't be surprised if the glass catches up to the floors by April and has to slow down even.

Either way, early Summer for sure :cheers:

bgsrand Jan 19, 2019 3:59 AM

Love Bvictors 5th shot up above of lower wack in the foreground. Looking sharp

Bombardier Jan 19, 2019 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8442085)
I'd say June or July if we are looking at 1.5 floors per week as safe bets. The core could definitely top out in May. i wouldn't be surprised if the glass catches up to the floors by April and has to slow down even.

Either way, early Summer for sure :cheers:

I think you are right on the structure. There are around 21 working days/mo - at 3 days/floor that is about 4 and a half months. Add in some weather days and holidays, plus a little more time for the top floors that always take a little longer, and I would say concrete would be wrapped up before the 4th of July with any luck.

It would be tough to see the glass catching up much more unless they add another setting crew... they look to also be on a 3 day cycle which is moving pretty good for curtainwall.

In any case, this project is moving along very well... glass looks pretty good to IMHO.

BonoboZill4 Jan 19, 2019 6:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombardier (Post 8442468)
I think you are right on the structure. There are around 21 working days/mo - at 3 days/floor that is about 4 and a half months. Add in some weather days and holidays, plus a little more time for the top floors that always take a little longer, and I would say concrete would be wrapped up before the 4th of July with any luck.

It would be tough to see the glass catching up much more unless they add another setting crew... they look to also be on a 3 day cycle which is moving pretty good for curtainwall.

In any case, this project is moving along very well... glass looks pretty good to IMHO.

Only reason I said the glass may catch is the last two weeks they've gotten lots of good work done, but you seem to be right because it appears to be about the same pace as the concrete upon looking over my album of the tower, it's just the glass sticks out more

PittsburghPA Jan 19, 2019 7:58 PM

I think you're right Bonobo. The podium took so long because of its complexity. Now that they have two crews flying on the tower glass I can easily see this catching the concrete crews in due time.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.