SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

PittsburghPA Oct 10, 2018 9:49 PM

10/10/18

https://i.imgur.com/A1rzjyH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/d1e5kap.jpg

SolarWind Oct 11, 2018 1:03 AM

October 10, 2018










Bombardier Oct 11, 2018 1:30 AM

^That's going to look great. Too bad they got rained out mid-day or we could have seen a bit more, but looks like that glass is going to be nice. I'd be shocked if they opened this building in Nov of 19. 13 months from now would be absolutely flying... I guess the way concrete is going and now that we know glass is on or ahead of schedule, maybe they will pull it off. Exciting!

BonoboZill4 Oct 11, 2018 2:02 AM

White outlining on the glass? YES!

Anyway, here's an update from yesterday and today:

https://i.imgur.com/9juQc1p.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/P1ffOa9.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/qzI1s9M.jpg?1

LouisVanDerWright Oct 11, 2018 2:50 AM

That glass looks exceptionally clear, nice...

PittsburghPA Oct 12, 2018 2:59 AM

10 more units set today. Didn't have a chance to take a picture. Hopefully someone did!

PittsburghPA Oct 12, 2018 3:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8342215)
White outlining on the glass? YES!

Anyway, here's an update from yesterday and today:

https://i.imgur.com/P1ffOa9.jpg?1


Bonobo is that second column from the right already clad in stone??

Donnie77 Oct 12, 2018 3:16 AM

I was crossing my fingers that the white trim wasn't just an artistic choice, and now having confirmed i am full on board!

The Odyssey looking good._. Great shot

vexxed82 Oct 12, 2018 3:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8343464)
Bonobo is that second column from the right already clad in stone??

Sort of...cinder block :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/jcZBHJq.jpg

PittsburghPA Oct 12, 2018 3:20 AM

That would be the ultimate VE!

harryc Oct 12, 2018 3:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8343482)
That would be the ultimate VE!

Fulton Market meets River North

BonoboZill4 Oct 12, 2018 3:45 AM

Yeah, I noticed those cinderblocks a while ago and didn't know what to made of them. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the eventual cladding that will go up there

harryc Oct 12, 2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8343510)
Yeah, I noticed those cinderblocks a while ago and didn't know what to made of them. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the eventual cladding that will go up there

They bulk out the columns - which otherwise just look skinny. Some people in my building [321 N Clark] are actually worried now that the cladding has been pulled off our support columns, and you can see they are "just" steel I-Beams, not the thick columns everyone always assumed were solid.

BonoboZill4 Oct 13, 2018 3:58 PM

From Friday:

https://i.imgur.com/jTnAmGy.jpg?1

wolf_point_watcher Oct 13, 2018 4:14 PM

Sailboat Migration
 
https://i.imgur.com/sP01GZ9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SNnYhtH.jpg

Long time reader of this forum...love all the pics...but new to posting..... test run from a corner unit at WPW with the sailboat migration out and in captured.

WPW

[edit - i'm using imgur to host images; what is the best size for posting? i reduced them to 1000 x 562]

Notyrview Oct 13, 2018 5:11 PM

Wow man the second photo is gorgeous, reminds me of 1920s travel posters of Boul Mich

harryc Oct 13, 2018 9:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf_point_watcher (Post 8345137)

Long time reader of this forum...love all the pics...but new to posting..... test run from a corner unit at WPW with the sailboat migration out and in captured.

WPW

[edit - i'm using imgur to host images; what is the best size for posting? i reduced them to 1000 x 562]

Quite the first post - keep em coming.

IrishIllini Oct 13, 2018 9:18 PM

Got this picture as I was checking out the next phase at Old Town Park. Poor quality, but cool perspective.
https://imgur.com/a/CdSontd

wolf_point_watcher Oct 13, 2018 9:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Q6Nosxt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/V4Dp85a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/s2bkOd6.jpg

Thanks Harry... Looks like 3 sets of windows are up Pitt...

Also, not sure if it has been posted but the WPE website is up!

https://wolfpointeast.com/

WPWatcher

BonoboZill4 Oct 14, 2018 4:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishIllini (Post 8345321)
Got this picture as I was checking out the next phase at Old Town Park. Poor quality, but cool perspective.
https://imgur.com/a/CdSontd

Very cool perspective for sure! I like how well this one will cap two vistas at once. Canyon cut offs are very cool, and a tower that is almost 700 feet tall will do a great job at that.

Also, great update Wolf Point Watcher!

Edit: Okay, seriously guys, check out that website. The 360 degree view thing is amazing! SOOOOO HYPED about this site right now


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.