SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Wolf Point - East Tower | 679 FT | 62 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228891)

SolarWind Oct 4, 2018 3:42 AM

October 3, 2018


BobbyChicago Oct 4, 2018 11:55 PM

October 4th, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/f4d4Ri8.jpg

Barrelfish Oct 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyChicago (Post 8336296)

The fact that we have forumers with so many awesome views OF Wolf Point East confirms that there are going to be awesome views FROM Wolf Point East. At least until WPS is built and blocks some of them but in exchange for even better views.

BonoboZill4 Oct 5, 2018 3:32 AM

If you look closely, you can probably see me in that photo :haha:

BonoboZill4 Oct 5, 2018 3:38 AM

https://i.imgur.com/Ymhnaqz.jpg?1

PittsburghPA Oct 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlw777 (Post 8334253)
I would guess that it has something to do with some hidden shear walls connected to the core. Like the ones you can see outlined with rebar in this photo from Aug 15.

Thanks to Harry for getting this great shot.

That has to be it. Great catch.

LouisVanDerWright Oct 5, 2018 1:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8336499)
If you look closely, you can probably see me in that photo :haha:

What floor are you on? My wife works at 333 and is a neighbor of yours!

333 N Wacker is the best office building in the city BTW. It has the best location and still looks brand new despite being designed in the late 70s and delivered in 83. It has aged better than pretty much any other structure of it's era. For reference Thomson Center was finished two years after 333...

Notyrview Oct 5, 2018 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8336770)
333 N Wacker is the best office building in the city BTW. It has the best location and still looks brand new despite being designed in the late 70s and delivered in 83. It has aged better than pretty much any other structure of it's era. For reference Thomson Center was finished two years after 333...

Yep, 333 is a classic and will be a great counterpoint to the airy blues of WPE and WPS. My fav is 300 N Lasalle though. 333 has a more interesting design, but 300 just soars and its cladding is unmatched.

harryc Oct 6, 2018 2:36 AM

Oct 2

Bulking up - making the skinny columns appear less skinny.


Filed test - no cutting corners here.




Oct 3




SolarWind Oct 6, 2018 10:22 AM

October 1, 2018




October 3, 2018






October 4, 2018


BonoboZill4 Oct 6, 2018 3:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8336770)
What floor are you on? My wife works at 333 and is a neighbor of yours!

333 N Wacker is the best office building in the city BTW. It has the best location and still looks brand new despite being designed in the late 70s and delivered in 83. It has aged better than pretty much any other structure of it's era. For reference Thomson Center was finished two years after 333...

I'm on 15! I agree, it's a damn fine building, although the heating and cooling is quite temperamental

PittsburghPA Oct 6, 2018 3:38 PM

Pending weather, Wolf Point East will see its first glass on Tuesday October 9th on the North Elevation. Could be 1 unit could be 10. First bunks of podium glass are scheduled for the 9th. Buckle up boys. Tower glass is scheduled for November 11.

gebs Oct 8, 2018 2:27 PM

8 October 2018

Taken while crossing the river on the Brown Line. All the recent rain made the concrete columns look like they were given a dark finish.

https://i.imgur.com/87DmcFdh.jpg

BonoboZill4 Oct 8, 2018 11:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/W7etxkE.jpg?1

marothisu Oct 8, 2018 11:57 PM

By floor count, they're nearing the 1/4 mark

SolarWind Oct 9, 2018 2:12 AM

October 8, 2018


takascar Oct 9, 2018 7:51 PM

Has Glass Arrived?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PittsburghPA (Post 8337828)
Pending weather, Wolf Point East will see its first glass on Tuesday October 9th on the North Elevation. Could be 1 unit could be 10. First bunks of podium glass are scheduled for the 9th. Buckle up boys. Tower glass is scheduled for November 11.

So, anyone see glass yet? I may walk over and see if they've started it.

PittsburghPA Oct 9, 2018 10:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/LslPhyi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6aycaI4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/pOmCRVl.jpg

That's from this morning.

BonoboZill4 Oct 10, 2018 2:46 AM

I didn't see any glass on the Southern nor the Eastern sides at work and I had pictures for updates today, but I left my cable at work so I couldn't update you today. Fortunately a couple other people had pictures so you didn't miss out too much!

I'll have more for tomorrow, and maybe some glass to boot :D

PittsburghPA Oct 10, 2018 2:59 AM

edit


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.