SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

CrestedSaguaro Oct 30, 2015 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7217653)
The elevator towers are up for the apartment building at 7/fillmore at four stories and I just noticed there is a small apartment complex being built at 10th ave and Polk, looks like a pretty modern style wood frame building, these things are starting to pop up all over the place.

I remember the dirt lot a couple months back on the 10th and Polk. Glad to see these getting built. Even though they are small projects, the accumulation of these type of projects will add density and fill in the in-between spaces.

Other updates:

Portland 2 is on the 12 floor. Can't believe how fast this is going up and should be topped out in just a couple more weeks.

Illuminate is 1 floor above ground.

The Lennar project at McDowell and Central has construction equipment on site and is finally moving dirt.

Luhrs Marriott has slowed a bit since I last seen it and is nearly 2 levels above ground.

I'm going to be at the Barr Library later this afternoon and going to try and grab a few update pics while I'm downtown. BTW, the view of Portland 2 from the 5th level at Barr is pretty awesome! I recommend it :P

biggus diggus Oct 30, 2015 9:56 PM

the one we still can't figure out is where all the dirt is coming from that they are piling up at 4th and McKinley. It appeared shortly after Union started construction but then it stopped and all of a sudden, months later, dirt has started being piled up again.

combusean Oct 31, 2015 9:12 PM

I'm finding like no building permit information for anything near 10th Ave and Polk for those apartments. Is that the right intersection?

biggus diggus Oct 31, 2015 10:03 PM

I don't know for sure, we were driving up 9th and it was a block over.

biggus diggus Nov 1, 2015 3:28 AM

It seems that this is what I saw: http://www.vannormandevelopment.com/grandavelofts/

Also, I dropped into an open house today and the agent was telling me how much he loves downtown and is apparently going through permitting on a building called Saint Ambrose with his uncle who is the developer. I think the agent was playing up his role in the development because he couldn't tell me exactly where, he just said "I think 7th and Washington". I did a little googling and it seems like 12th street. http://roselawgroupreporter.com/2015...ntown-phoenix/

nickw252 Nov 1, 2015 4:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 7218670)
It seems that this is what I saw: http://www.vannormandevelopment.com/grandavelofts/
[/url]

I love that there are so many infill projects going on. I can't keep track of them all.

I'm a little confused about the floor plan though. Do they have garages? Typically these row houses have a garage on ground level. If no garage, I'd hope the starting price is in the low 200s.

combusean Nov 1, 2015 11:15 PM

Thanks, that's cool to see a new project. I'll add it to the Infill thread when I figure out where it is.

PHXFlyer11 Nov 2, 2015 3:55 PM

Update on Coyotes Stadium Search

Good article here on the Coyotes Stadium search: http://arizonasports.com/story/43615...-valley-arena/

It appears Phoenix is in the lead with it's joint talks with the Phoenix Suns (which I think makes the most sense).

I am however also intrigued by the talks of Tempe, this would be awesome to couple with ASU hockey and basketball. My fear though, is that if that happens, the Suns will be hard pressed to get an arena as the sole tenant.

I don't like the Scottsdale idea at all.

phoenixwillrise Nov 2, 2015 4:16 PM

Coyotes and DT Phoenix

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7219733)
Good article here on the Coyotes Stadium search: http://arizonasports.com/story/43615...-valley-arena/

It appears Phoenix is in the lead with it's joint talks with the Phoenix Suns (which I think makes the most sense).

I am however also intrigued by the talks of Tempe, this would be awesome to couple with ASU hockey and basketball. My fear though, is that if that happens, the Suns will be hard pressed to get an arena as the sole tenant.

I don't like the Scottsdale idea at all.

Me neither. All the effort Phoenix has done to finally create a true downtown would take a tremendous hit if the Suns moved to Scottsdale and on the other hand getting the Coyotes to rejoin the Suns downtown in a new arena would be huge. The icing on that cake would be ASU's new Hockey team joining them.

PHXFlyer11 Nov 2, 2015 4:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 7219763)
Me neither. All the effort Phoenix has done to finally create a true downtown would take a tremendous hit if the Suns moved to Scottsdale and on the other hand getting the Coyotes to rejoin the Suns downtown in a new arena would be huge. The icing on that cake would be ASU's new Hockey team joining them.

Agreed. ASU continues to build its downtown presence, so having Hockey down there could get a regular crowd from the downtown students who will have a sense of ownership of the team.

I hope that we hear of/see plans soon for a new arena downtown. Hopefully there is a nice redevelopment proposal for Talking Stick Resort Arena (ew, I hate typing that) that does not turn it into some stupid mall. It should be level and RFP'd for housing and entertainment.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise (Post 7219763)

I really don't think Tempe can handle any more traffic from having a major sports team at this point. It's already a traffic nightmare getting around on either University or Mill and as soon as State Farm opens it's offices, Rio salado is going to be seeing too much traffic.

Keeping the Suns in Phoenix and bringing the 'Yotes there is the best option. Also, with ASU building an ever larger presence in Downtown Phoenix makes having ASU hockey joining the crowd making good sense.

I do not like the Scottsdale idea at all. Again, you have the same problem as Glendale has...albeit not quite as far, it's still too much driving...eapecially after work...to make it to that many games mid-week. With Downtown Phoenix exploding on the condo/apartment scene, it's a good bet many of these new residents will love walking/biking/taking the lightrail to see a Suns or Coyotes game. The density Downtown is becoming is a win-win for everyone and having these teams in Scottsdale would be a huge blow to everything urban the area is accomplishing.

Obadno Nov 2, 2015 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 7219819)
I really don't think Tempe can handle any more traffic from having a major sports team at this point. It's already a traffic nightmare getting around on either University or Mill and as soon as State Farm opens it's offices, Rio salado is going to be seeing too much traffic.

Keeping the Suns in Phoenix and bringing the 'Yotes there is the best option. Also, with ASU building an ever larger presence in Downtown Phoenix makes having ASU hockey joining the crowd making good sense.

I do not like the Scottsdale idea at all. Again, you have the same problem as Glendale has...albeit not quite as far, it's still too much driving...eapecially after work...to make it to that many games mid-week. With Downtown Phoenix exploding on the condo/apartment scene, it's a good bet many of these new residents will love walking/biking/taking the lightrail to see a Suns or Coyotes game. The density Downtown is becoming is a win-win for everyone and having these teams in Scottsdale would be a huge blow to everything urban the area is accomplishing.

^ we opened today ill send some pics later.

PHXFlyer11 Nov 2, 2015 5:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7219823)

Opened what?

CrestedSaguaro Nov 2, 2015 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7219825)
Opened what?

I think State farm...

biggus diggus Nov 2, 2015 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 7219823)

oblique post is oblique.

Tylerrrr Nov 2, 2015 6:19 PM

Here's some pictures I took while walking around Downtown this weekend, I tried to run into as many projects as possible ;) On top of all the construction happening, Downtown was busy. Lots of people walking around, sitting outside, and the coffee shops we stopped at were all full. It was nice a morning!

PHX31 Nov 2, 2015 6:39 PM

Thanks! Pretty comprehensive list for that part of downtown... it's great to see the construction progress.

I will now wish some unlucky soul good luck in performing the same construction update for the rest of downtown and Central Phoenix.

ASU Diablo Nov 2, 2015 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 7219238)
Thanks, that's cool to see a new project. I'll add it to the Infill thread when I figure out where it is.

It's on 10th Ave and Fillmore

gymratmanaz Nov 2, 2015 6:59 PM

WOW Tylerrrr!!!!!!! Thanks muchly!

dtnphx Nov 2, 2015 9:35 PM

Tylerrr

You incorporated the construction photos with the rendering?! You is ma hero, brother! Thanks for doing that. Makes it so much easier to comprehend what's going where.