SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

Hudson11 Oct 21, 2022 3:38 AM

this angle just adds another reason why this should have had some more height...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ae541b56_h.jpg
Looking north from the BMO Building by Jacob G., on Flickr

bhawk66 Oct 21, 2022 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty Joe (Post 9767535)
This is like the opposite of cheerleader effect

Thanks for making me look that term up. lol

Chi-Sky21 Oct 22, 2022 12:15 AM

That set back at the top should have gone to the full current height, THEN have mechanicals.

SolarWind Oct 28, 2022 9:38 PM

October 27, 2022












rivernorthlurker Oct 28, 2022 10:40 PM

Finally a shot where you can see a bit of the setback depth.

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolarWind (Post 9775375)
October 27, 2022



takascar Oct 29, 2022 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 9775444)
Finally a shot where you can see a bit of the setback depth.

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.

The last panels of glass seem to be taking forever - bet its still supply chain issues. They are also taking time putting the cladding on the steel beams at the base. Probably same issue.

Anyone know when Salesforce / other tenants will start to move in?

dewbs Oct 29, 2022 2:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takascar (Post 9775521)
The last panels of glass seem to be taking forever - bet its still supply chain issues. They are also taking time putting the cladding on the steel beams at the base. Probably same issue.

Anyone know when Salesforce / other tenants will start to move in?

I've heard 2024q1.

gebs Oct 31, 2022 2:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolarWind (Post 9775375)
October 27, 2022

Love the reflection of Wolf Point East in this shot.

Tombstoner Oct 31, 2022 8:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 9775444)

The problem with the design isn't so much the poor form of the building as the fact that it lies so perfectly perpendicular to the most common viewing angles. If it were oriented more at an angle I think you could see/appreciate the setbacks more readily.

This is how I feel about One Chicago. From direct north and south angles it looks so blah.

r18tdi Nov 1, 2022 2:27 PM

Anyone here an ULI member and under 35?
They're doing an on-site event/tour of Salesforce Tower one week from today:

https://chicago.uli.org/events/detai...-0213C6278797/

AlpacaObsessor Nov 2, 2022 3:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r18tdi (Post 9777967)
Anyone here an ULI member and under 35?
They're doing an on-site event/tour of Salesforce Tower one week from today:

https://chicago.uli.org/events/detai...-0213C6278797/

Unfortunately sold out by the time I tried signing up Monday AM.

chicagodeckerdude Nov 2, 2022 4:53 PM

spent 30 of my 47 years in chicago. Was home 10/21-10/30 staying at Hyatt at Mccormick while my gf worked a expo. I wandered and drove around looking at all the new buildings going up. Everytime I looked at this building and the 2 others next to it I cringed a little. :shrug: and also Millie LOL

r18tdi Nov 2, 2022 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlpacaObsessor (Post 9779216)
Unfortunately sold out by the time I tried signing up Monday AM.

That's a bummer!

mh777 Nov 2, 2022 8:59 PM

"Salesforce" lettering being delivered today. Take your pictures now before it's too late.

ithakas Nov 3, 2022 2:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagodeckerdude (Post 9779289)
spent 30 of my 47 years in chicago. Was home 10/21-10/30 staying at Hyatt at Mccormick while my gf worked a expo. I wandered and drove around looking at all the new buildings going up. Everytime I looked at this building and the 2 others next to it I cringed a little. :shrug: and also Millie LOL

This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.

HomrQT Nov 3, 2022 3:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 9779921)
This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.

I don't think it "sucks". In most cities this would be a significantly good add. We just hope for more here, and especially for such a prominent location. This site really begged for a super tall.

Tom In Chicago Nov 3, 2022 2:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 9779921)
This building definitely sucks – it can't be overstated how disappointing the east and west elevations are, considering their prominence in the cityscape – though I think the other two buildings are pretty nice. Hopefully the denouement of the blue glass era.

Disagree. . . this building is excellent and it can't be overstated at how well proportioned it is for the site and surrounding context. . . there is no such thing as a "blue glass era". . .

. . .

donnie Nov 3, 2022 4:32 PM

No,no,no people, they should have built a space elevator with neon lights and a mono-rail that stretches from Navy Pier to the quad cities! Anything less would have been egregious!


I'm with Tom on this one....let it simmer a while folks

takascar Nov 3, 2022 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnie (Post 9780396)
No,no,no people, they should have built a space elevator with neon lights and a mono-rail that stretches from Navy Pier to the quad cities! Anything less would have been egregious!


I'm with Tom on this one....let it simmer a while folks

Yup. Again, if anyone doesn't like this building, design one of your own, raise the 100's of mm's to buy land, get it approved by the city and have at it.

It is a strikingly beautiful addition to the skyline.

pianowizard Nov 3, 2022 6:04 PM

The rendering from the OP looks a bit better than the real thing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago_Forever (Post 7092581)



All times are GMT. The time now is 1:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.