SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

KTBuild Dec 19, 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aberrant (Post 8023841)
I heard from a reliable source it is a done deal.

Cool. That part of the building didn't have its flooring poured yet as of the Fall but after that gets done it should be a fairly quick handover. Solid win for H.L. area, which hasn't had a lot of big name places move in despite lots of new commercial spaces..

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 19, 2017 11:12 PM

Olive Garden is apparently going in Grasslands but they'll be building a standalone site. The Brown's space is about half the size they need.

Stormer Dec 19, 2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8024083)
Olive Garden is apparently going in Grasslands but they'll be building a standalone site. The Brown's space is about half the size they need.

Yay! We finally have a nearly mediocre pasta place in Regina!

HomerSPC Dec 20, 2017 4:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8024116)
Yay! We finally have a nearly mediocre pasta place in Regina!

Luigi's on North Albert?

Drofmab Dec 20, 2017 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8024083)

I wondered... Brown’s space is pretty small.

Would fit a pub (e.g.: a big Leo’s), but is smaller than I’d expect for most full-service restaurants.

Stormer Dec 25, 2017 12:20 AM

The new place in the former Flip on Hamilton will be called Soju Bar and Lounge.

sastaunik44 Dec 28, 2017 8:47 PM

Awesome, cant wait for Olive Garden!!!

What do you guys feel will be the next "big" business that shuts its doors?

Stormer Dec 28, 2017 8:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8028692)
The new place in the former Flip on Hamilton will be called Soju Bar and Lounge.

https://scontent.fyqr1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=5AC62338

Festivus Dec 28, 2017 9:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastaunik44 (Post 8030670)
Awesome, cant wait for Olive Garden!!!

Carls Jr.

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 29, 2017 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8030724)
Carls Jr.

I know why you might say that, but everything I've heard is they're looking to expand.

PhotoJim Dec 29, 2017 2:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8030724)
Carls Jr.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean no one likes them :)

Festivus Dec 29, 2017 4:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8030925)
I know why you might say that, but everything I've heard is they're looking to expand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoJim (Post 8031167)
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean no one likes them :)

I've been there a few times and didn't mind it (though I thought it was a little expensive for being what is effectively a re-themed Burger King), but I've also heard they've had a few health and safety issues (under-cooked chicken that has caused food poisoning more than once) that would have spread via word of mouth.

Drofmab Dec 29, 2017 8:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festivus (Post 8031239)
I've been there a few times and didn't mind it (though I thought it was a little expensive for being what is effectively a re-themed Burger King), but I've also heard they've had a few health and safety issues (under-cooked chicken that has caused food poisoning more than once) that would have spread via word of mouth.

Two issues in July, addressed in August follow-up.
http://healthinspections.saskatchewa...8-d66a28ce45bc

Dan0myte Dec 30, 2017 5:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sastaunik44 (Post 8030670)

Tony Roma's and The Nest. Somebody will probably come along and develop the site into another small commercial development.

UPP Dec 30, 2017 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8032068)
Tony Roma's and The Nest. Somebody will probably come along and develop the site into another small commercial development.

Oooh! Maybe someone can develop a big, long gas bar and car wash along that side of Albert too.

BrutallyDishonest2 Dec 30, 2017 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8032068)

Eh, it's not like the latest South Albert strip mall is doing that well...

djforsberg Jan 8, 2018 10:31 PM

The Press Box may be the next to go. Their rent is being increased and the current owners are strongly considering selling or even moving to the old Famoso location on Rochdale. I honestly don’t see either happening.

someguy Jan 8, 2018 11:09 PM

PressBox is currently listed for sale. I am surprised how long that place has been open. It's been moldy and smelly in there since they first opened, and the location is terrible.

brithgob Jan 8, 2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 8040261)
The Press Box may be the next to go. Their rent is being increased and the current owners are strongly considering selling or even moving to the old Famoso location on Rochdale. I honestly don’t see either happening.

Famoso on Rochdale closed already?

jigglysquishy Jan 8, 2018 11:26 PM

Press box was one of the better sports bars on the city. Atrocious location though