SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

BrutallyDishonest2 Jan 8, 2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djforsberg (Post 8040261)
The Press Box may be the next to go. Their rent is being increased and the current owners are strongly considering selling or even moving to the old Famoso location on Rochdale. I honestly don’t see either happening.

It has nothing to do with their rent going up. They just aren't making money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 8040301)
Famoso on Rochdale closed already?

Yes.

Dan0myte Jan 9, 2018 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someguy (Post 8040297)
PressBox is currently listed for sale. I am surprised how long that place has been open. It's been moldy and smelly in there since they first opened, and the location is terrible.

Convert it back into a Swiss Chalet! :haha:

djforsberg Jan 9, 2018 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 (Post 8040340)
It has nothing to do with their rent going up. They just aren't making money.

My source was someone close to the business but you are probably right. Some people just don't want to admit that they have failed and try to pull a Trump by blaming something/someone else.

KellySeamus Jan 11, 2018 1:36 AM

Trying to recall one of the first Thai restaurants I ever went to in the mid 80s. It was on the west side of Broad Street between 7th and 8th Ave. And wasn't there a computer store in that same mall that sold Apple products (Apple IIe, III and early Macs)?

Dan0myte Jan 11, 2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellySeamus (Post 8042892)
Trying to recall one of the first Thai restaurants I ever went to in the mid 80s. It was on the west side of Broad Street between 7th and 8th Ave. And wasn't there a computer store in that same mall that sold Apple products (Apple IIe, III and early Macs)?

Da Lat By Nite.

It burnt down about 10 years ago and took the whole mall with it.

brithgob Jan 12, 2018 2:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8043910)
Da Lat By Nite.

It burnt down about 10 years ago and took the whole mall with it.

That was Vietnamese, no?

KellySeamus Jan 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brithgob (Post 8044207)
That was Vietnamese, no?

I think you're right but the name Da Lat by Nite doesn't ring a bell so I wonder if that with a new owner but same cuisine. Do you recall if there a computer store in that same mall?

Dan0myte Jan 12, 2018 2:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellySeamus (Post 8044395)
I think you're right but the name Da Lat by Nite doesn't ring a bell so I wonder if that with a new owner but same cuisine. Do you recall if there a computer store in that same mall?

I think it was called something before it was called Da Lat but I can't remember that far back.

The computer store? Yeah I used to go there to buy Windows 3.1 based games. I forget what it was called... Computex or Innotex or some 1980's type computer store name.

TerranceB Jan 12, 2018 5:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan0myte (Post 8044559)
I think it was called something before it was called Da Lat but I can't remember that far back.

The computer store? Yeah I used to go there to buy Windows 3.1 based games. I forget what it was called... Computex or Innotex or some 1980's type computer store name.

Prairie Micro Works

Dan0myte Jan 12, 2018 9:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerranceB (Post 8044924)
Prairie Micro Works

lol, I was way off. :haha:

Stormer Jan 13, 2018 1:57 AM

story and pic of fire aftermath

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/r...81754149799832

BrutallyDishonest2 Jan 13, 2018 2:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormer (Post 8045683)

I actually remember driving by the night it was on fire before the firefighters showed up. We called 911 but it was reported by then.

I also remember the rumours swirling about the cause of the fire.

yveseluj Jan 17, 2018 11:30 AM

Chopped Leaf is now open in Harbour Landing.

curo Jan 18, 2018 6:17 PM

Anybody hear that a restaurant is going into the main floor of City Hall hence the construction.

Kegger Jan 18, 2018 6:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curo (Post 8051674)
Anybody hear that a restaurant is going into the main floor of City Hall hence the construction.

They are doing a big reno of the main floor of City Hall. Part of that is moving the location of their cafeteria so that it has its own entrance. After the reno is done they will have a vendor to run the cafeteria, it certainly could be a new vendor with a different menu etc.

jigglysquishy Jan 22, 2018 5:56 PM

A Starbucks has been confirmed for both Acre 21 and Aurora

Drofmab Jan 22, 2018 7:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglysquishy (Post 8056157)
A Starbucks has been confirmed for both Acre 21 and Aurora

More licensed stores that we can earn Starpoints at, but still only one store in the city that we can redeem points at. fun:uhh:

(I'm waiting for a full, corporate-owned location to open in White City/Emerald Park... it's gotta happen, SB giving the old one-finger salute to the LRB;))

BrannyMuffin Jan 30, 2018 6:37 PM

Ru Lounge (old Flip) looks like it should be open soon.

Dale MacKay’s restaurant in the old Malt City will be called Avenue. They had their first pop up in the space a little while ago and it sounds like it was a hit. I believe there are two more scheduled before the official opening this summer.

Stormer Jan 30, 2018 8:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin (Post 8066655)
Ru Lounge (old Flip) looks like it should be open soon.

Dale MacKay’s restaurant in the old Malt City will be called Avenue. They had their first pop up in the space a little while ago and it sounds like it was a hit. I believe there are two more scheduled before the official opening this summer.

I talked to someone who went to a soft opening the other day of Ru. He said it will be much more jazzy than Flip. He said food was good. He described it as sushi and more. He said it would be open in a few weeks.

curo Feb 1, 2018 10:09 PM

Does anybody know what is going in the old Jysk beside Leo's East? There was a rumour floating around for awhile that Creekside Restaurant was moving there.