SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

CrazyCres Apr 21, 2020 1:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8899395)
Red rolling crane built and onsite.

Larger equipment (Cassion Rigs?) should come soon.

harryc Apr 23, 2020 10:39 PM

Site Prep
 
April 23

Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Going down - a good example of how thick the clay is, this is well below the waster-line.
Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Sheet pile driver/vibrator
Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Last traces of the old wall
Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Our friend from Wisconsin - Manitowac 14000 9-1 ration on the block and tackle.
Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales ForceTower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

SamInTheLoop Apr 23, 2020 11:40 PM

Looks like they just got this one in in the nick of time before this recession killed it. Had memories of River Point in 2009 (some will remember the Great Recession actually killed a deal for that project - also a Hines Development - before it was resurrected ~4 years later during the recovery.

Although - this one's gonna hurt, so I'm going to say nothing should be counted on until it's literally topped-out (and yes, that's with the knowledge that they have financing!)

rivernorthlurker Apr 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 8902604)
Looks like they just got this one in in the nick of time before this recession killed it. Had memories of River Point in 2009 (some will remember the Great Recession actually killed a deal for that project - also a Hines Development - before it was resurrected ~4 years later during the recovery.

Although - this one's gonna hurt, so I'm going to say nothing should be counted on until it's literally topped-out (and yes, that's with the knowledge that they have financing!)

Salesforce holding steadfast on 500k sqft which is out of 1.2 million total I believe. So leasing only another 700k sq ft over a 3 yr construction timeline in the most marquee new commercial address in the city shouldn't be too risky for the developer is my thinking.

Toasty Joe Apr 24, 2020 3:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 8902730)
Salesforce holding steadfast on 500k sqft which is out of 1.2 million total I believe. So leasing only another 700k sq ft over a 3 yr construction timeline in the most marquee new commercial address in the city shouldn't be too risky for the developer is my thinking.

exactly why it should be taller and more unique. this is the 4th or 5th blue rectangle to hit that corner of the skyline since I moved here 3 years ago, what gives?

CrazyCres Apr 24, 2020 4:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty Joe (Post 8902745)
exactly why it should be taller and more unique. this is the 4th or 5th blue rectangle to hit that corner of the skyline since I moved here 3 years ago, what gives?

I know, its a pain in the ass.

Just tall blue glass square buildings in close proximity to each other, even though the taller version is just like the others only a long rectangle, its height would have made it more memorable out of the bunch.

Even though it's another blue square (Unless they change the height during construction like BMO *Cough* *Cough*) I'm still excited for the project and its overall footprint in the area.:tup:

Toasty Joe Apr 24, 2020 2:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCres (Post 8902790)
I know, its a pain in the ass.

Just tall blue glass square buildings in close proximity to each other, even though the taller version is just like the others only a long rectangle, its height would have made it more memorable out of the bunch.

Even though it's another blue square (Unless they change the height during construction like BMO *Cough* *Cough*) I'm still excited for the project and its overall footprint in the area.:tup:

Definitely fortunate that our city skyline is growing and companies are investing big. Maybe this is how people felt after the 20th Miesian black box around the city, but this area feels like more concentrated monotony and almost impossible to break it up with new buildings given the river and layout :/

ardecila Apr 24, 2020 3:08 PM

The Merchandise Mart provides... ample counterweight to all the new shiny glass in the area.

I do think the riverwalks around the confluence are a little generic though. None of the creativity and originality that went into the Ross Barney riverwalk east of Franklin. And I still think we need a pedestrian bridge across the North Branch at the end of Wolf Point Plaza... should have been required as part of the planning for this site as originally proposed in the Burnham Plan (actually, Burnham showed 2 new bridges there...)

https://i.imgur.com/56w9QjF.jpg

harryc Apr 29, 2020 7:34 PM

Apr 24

Pulling out the old sheet piles.
Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Door to nowhere
Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

CrazyCres Apr 30, 2020 5:17 PM

First caisson drill being built.:cheers:

https://app.oxblue.com/open/hineschicago/wolfpointeast

Zapatan Apr 30, 2020 8:59 PM

Nice find :previous:, hopefully this rises as fast a 110N, can't wait to have that gap filled in

harryc Apr 30, 2020 10:39 PM

Almost .......
 
April 30

Chicago | Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

KWillChicago Apr 30, 2020 11:00 PM

Awesome. I hope this goes smoothly.

Steely Dan May 1, 2020 2:28 AM

^ yes, a construction bright spot amid the darkness.

Most welcome .

Skyguy_7 May 1, 2020 7:41 PM

^I want to see every able-bodied banana up and on the dance floor, regardless of whether this is an encore of the 2010s Boom or Phase #2! :cheers:

maru2501 May 1, 2020 7:50 PM

^weirdest DJ ever

CrazyCres May 1, 2020 9:34 PM

2nd Caisson drill being built

https://app.oxblue.com/open/hineschicago/wolfpointeast

aaron38 May 1, 2020 11:57 PM

Always bet on the future. This tower won’t be done for two years. All the revenue is two years out. Forge ahead.

harryc May 2, 2020 3:43 AM

almost ......
 
May 1

Chicago | Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Sales Force Tower by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Steely Dan May 3, 2020 3:16 AM

^

https://imgur.com/m7lzLQ2.gif


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.