SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Salesforce Tower | 850 FT | 60 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217949)

Steely Dan Sep 10, 2019 7:24 PM

^ cool. Q1, 2019 was what we were told a while ago, good to hear that things seem to be on track.

and with BMO due to start up later this fall, that'll be two more major office buildings to tack on to this boom.

it ain't over yet folks! :cheers:

chicubs111 Sep 10, 2019 7:44 PM

nice.. any more updates are on the size or design changes to this tower or we pretty much locked in at what we been seeing?

Steely Dan Sep 10, 2019 7:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicubs111 (Post 8683261)
nice.. any more updates are on the size or design changes to this tower or we pretty much locked in at what we been seeing?

nothing is ever "locked in" until construction starts (and even then....),

but i don't think there's much reason to expect that they'll be redesigning the wheel at this point in the game.

maybe a few floors get added/chopped, but probably not anything too terribly significant.

MorganChi Sep 11, 2019 12:53 AM

^^^^^

I believe I read a article back here in June stating that more floors will be added , idk where they are at with this decision.

rivernorthlurker Sep 11, 2019 3:27 AM

While on the height question, Salesforce on their blog announced that the top floor is going to be an 'Ohana' floor, in their words "During the day, our Ohana Floors are open for employee events and then on weeknights and weekends, these one-of-a-kind spaces with jaw-dropping views are made available for non-profits and foundations at no cost --- aligning with our values of giving back. "

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2018...r-chicago.html
https://www.salesforce.com/company/ohana-floors/

My question with occupied height of 763' via http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...th-tower/14276, and River Point architectural at 732' http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...ver-point/1381 and 150 N Riverside architectural at 752' http://150northriverside.com/#stackingplan, to what extent will this Ohana floor be able to see over them? Seems like the southwest view is going to be somewhat obstructed, not that there's really much to see in that direction.

Little_T Sep 11, 2019 3:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker (Post 8683711)
While on the height question, Salesforce on their blog announced that the top floor is going to be an 'Ohana' floor, in their words "During the day, our Ohana Floors are open for employee events and then on weeknights and weekends, these one-of-a-kind spaces with jaw-dropping views are made available for non-profits and foundations at no cost --- aligning with our values of giving back. "

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2018...r-chicago.html
https://www.salesforce.com/company/ohana-floors/

My question with occupied height of 763' via http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...th-tower/14276, and River Point architectural at 732' http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/buil...ver-point/1381 and 150 N Riverside architectural at 752' http://150northriverside.com/#stackingplan, to what extent will this Ohana floor be able to see over them? Seems like the southwest view is going to be somewhat obstructed, not that there's really much to see in that direction.

Is it too much to ask for it to top out at 800+ feet? Or maybe a spire?

MorganChi Sep 11, 2019 3:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_T (Post 8683732)
Is it too much to ask for it to top out at 800+ feet? Or maybe a spire?

I agree , I honestly don’t belief 835ft is the official height it seem like from that article they a lil torn on the height.

LouisVanDerWright Sep 11, 2019 5:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8683238)
^ cool. Q1, 2019 was what we were told a while ago, good to hear that things seem to be on track.

and with BMO due to start up later this fall, that'll be two more major office buildings to tack on to this boom.

it ain't over yet folks! :cheers:

When you have a 500,000 SF lease with a Grade A tenant falling behind schedule is not an option. The damages of failing to deliver would be catastrophic for the developers.

Zapatan Sep 11, 2019 1:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganChi (Post 8683743)
I agree , I honestly don’t belief 835ft is the official height it seem like from that article they a lil torn on the height.

We've seen 813' a lot, which may just be the 835' w/o measuring the riverwalk. That would scale up with the recent renderings.

MorganChi Sep 11, 2019 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8683948)
We've seen 813' a lot, which may just be the 835' w/o measuring the riverwalk. That would scale up with the recent renderings.

Thank you for the clear up

Steely Dan Sep 11, 2019 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8683948)
We've seen 813' a lot, which may just be the 835' w/o measuring the riverwalk. That would scale up with the recent renderings.

the current height info we have for this tower came from Tom who saw some dimensioned elevation diagrams back in march.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago (Post 8511270)
Updating building height from elevation diagrams:

---60 Floors above ground
---3 Floors below ground
---835' 3" height to top of parapet as measured from Level B2 (restaurant/riverwalk)
---813' height to top of parapet as measured from Level 1 (main entrance)

. . .


those numbers are of course subject to some change as the design gets finalized and tweaks are made.

KWillChicago Nov 26, 2019 6:03 AM

^Pretty please sneak Salesforce into this cycle.

Skyguy_7 Nov 26, 2019 1:41 PM

^Salesforce is arguably the most likely of the big ones to make it this cycle. The proposal has a tenant, approval by the plan commission, and plenty of money backing it.

Beautiful shot by the way, Nick. As always. :cheers:

Steely Dan Nov 26, 2019 3:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 8759239)
^Salesforce is arguably the most likely of the big ones to make it this cycle.

don't forget about BMO, they're already in site prep over there.

but yeah, with both of them having major anchors signed on, salesforce and BMO seem like fairly good bets at this point.




with salesforce purportedly starting up sometime early in the new year, i'm curious if any of our forum's many insiders have seen bid docs/CD's for this tower come across any of their desks?

Skyguy_7 Nov 26, 2019 4:03 PM

^Though it's not "official" in SSP banana terms, BMO is already under way in my opinion. I know a guy with Clark who's on site every day PM-ing the tower.

With regard to Salesforce, it's more than likely going to be Walsh as GC. I don't see all of their bid invites, but perhaps someone else does? Industry Christmas Party time is around the corner, so I'll be sure to ask my subcontractor friends if the project has made its way across their desks.

Bombardier Nov 26, 2019 4:13 PM

^Yes, Walsh is the GC for WPS.

Handro Nov 26, 2019 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 (Post 8759411)
^Though it's not "official" in SSP banana terms, BMO is already under way in my opinion. I know a guy with Clark who's on site every day PM-ing the tower.

With regard to Salesforce, it's more than likely going to be Walsh as GC. I don't see all of their bid invites, but perhaps someone else does? Industry Christmas Party time is around the corner, so I'll be sure to ask my subcontractor friends if the project has made its way across their desks.

I can confirm yes. And unless anything crazy happens it will break ground by Feb 2020.

RedCorsair87 Nov 26, 2019 4:46 PM

Alright WPS.

You're up.

maru2501 Nov 26, 2019 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handro (Post 8759425)
I can confirm yes. And unless anything crazy happens it will break ground by Feb 2020.

wow.. ok

lakeshoredrive Nov 26, 2019 6:37 PM

I really wish the top of the building/crown would have a different design because it's similar to WPE's crown.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.