SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

somethingfast Dec 13, 2018 10:30 PM

we'll never know if Horney was doing a good job or not...he got fired after one season. they almost made the playoffs after, admittedly, screwing the pooch end of season. but, that's my point...who has cared at all since then? that was like the final nail. two true stars (or future stars) and this team still SUCKS. he's either bad karma or just a vile influence on the franchise...don't see that changing. ever.

PHX31 Dec 13, 2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DowntownCosmo (Post 8407925)
So I was thinking we could have some 14 new skyscrapers go up over the next two years.

1. Central Station
2. Kenect
3. 200 Monroe
4. Hines Tower
5. Link Phase II
6. Link Phase III
7. Aspirant
8. The Barrister Tower
9. Ro2 Office Park
10. The Ro2 Creative Tower
11. The Palm Court Tower.
12. The Marriot Hotel at the Arizona Center
13. The Berger Hotel
14. The Derby (maybe)

All of this construction will happen along with the light rail extension, biomedical campus expansion, completion of Block 23 and Link phase I, the construction of the Fillmore, and many more mid-rise developments. It will be interesting to see what downtown becomes in the next couple of years.:cheers:

What about the one on Adams next to Hanny's... or is that the Hines Tower?

biggus diggus Dec 13, 2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somethingfast (Post 8407948)
we'll never know if Horney was doing a good job or not...he got fired after one season. they almost made the playoffs after, admittedly, screwing the pooch end of season. but, that's my point...who has cared at all since then? that was like the final nail. two true stars (or future stars) and this team still SUCKS. he's either bad karma or just a vile influence on the franchise...don't see that changing. ever.

He actually coached nearly three full seasons.

Obadno Dec 13, 2018 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 8407960)
What about the one on Adams next to Hanny's... or is that the Hines Tower?

Thats what we are tenatively calling the "berger hotel"

CrestedSaguaro Dec 13, 2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 8407942)
We won't get 14 new high rises any time soon.

Most of these projects have approval, backing and reputable developers. The only ones I would be leery about are Barrister which we've not heard any concrete plans about and Derby which is in litigation hell. I even have a good feeling Central Station will actually go this time as it's a very well developed layout. RO2 will build at least one of the 2 towers and Link will at least get another tower with Tower 3 yet to be determined. I'll bet we get no less than 8-10 towers at minimum.

Obadno Dec 13, 2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8408002)
Most of these projects have approval, backing and reputable developers. The only ones I would be leery about are Barrister which we've not heard any concrete plans about and Derby which is in litigation hell. I even have a good feeling Central Station will actually go this time as it's a very well developed layout. RO2 will build at least one of the 2 towers and Link will at least get another tower with Tower 3 yet to be determined. I'll bet we get no less than 8-10 towers at minimum.

Biggus:

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/im...&optimize=true

fawd Dec 14, 2018 12:14 AM

And the sarver plot thickens....

http://arizonasports.com/story/17697...robert-sarver/

combusean Dec 14, 2018 12:21 AM

I made a Suns Arena thread.

Please post anything about Sarver, Suns, the Arena, et al there.

Phxguy Dec 14, 2018 12:43 AM

Some quick updates...

A big beautiful green liquor license is on the Desoto Market. But still nothing yet indicating WHO is behind it.

The Sazerac looks closer to opening everyday I pass by. Lights on inside with furnitature on the patio. It looks great!

Sometime this month the backyard beer garden at Rise Coffee (in the former Jobot spot) is supposed to open. The spot where Smooth Brew is opening on Roosevelt has their patio installed and the construction barricades removed finally. No longer have to step into the street.

Sun Belt Dec 14, 2018 2:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DowntownCosmo (Post 8407925)
So I was thinking we could have some 14 new skyscrapers go up over the next two years.

1. Central Station
2. Kenect
3. 200 Monroe
4. Hines Tower
5. Link Phase II
6. Link Phase III
7. Aspirant
8. The Barrister Tower
9. Ro2 Office Park
13. The Berger Hotel
14. The Derby (maybe)

All of this construction will happen along with the light rail extension, biomedical campus expansion, completion of Block 23 and Link phase I, the construction of the Fillmore, and many more mid-rise developments. It will be interesting to see what downtown becomes in the next couple of years.:cheers:

I know the local dynamic has totally changed [something I know very little about], but how many of these actually break ground and go vertical before the next downturn?

There's a lot about today that reminds me of 2007. One day, the longest running expansion of the business cycle will end and do what it has always done in the past.

Obadno Dec 14, 2018 3:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Belt (Post 8408253)
I know the local dynamic has totally changed [something I know very little about], but how many of these actually break ground and go vertical before the next downturn?

There's a lot about today that reminds me of 2007. One day, the longest running expansion of the business cycle will end and do what it has always done in the past.

1. Central Station
2. Kenect
3. 200 Monroe
4. Hines Tower
5. Link Phase II
6. Link Phase III
7. Aspirant

8. The Barrister Tower
9. Ro2 Office Park

13. The Berger Hotel

Everything bold will most likely happen if it hasn't already broken ground, everything else is still a plan until we get more news.

14. The Derby (maybe)

This died due to NIMBY bullshit and litigation, it actually broke ground before getting killed. probably not going to happen but who knows.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 14, 2018 3:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8408336)
1. Central Station
2. Kenect
3. 200 Monroe
4. Hines Tower
5. Link Phase II
6. Link Phase III
7. Aspirant

8. The Barrister Tower
9. Ro2 Office Park

13. The Berger Hotel

Everything bold will most likely happen if it hasn't already broken ground, everything else is still a plan until we get more news.

14. The Derby (maybe)

This died due to NIMBY bullshit and litigation, it actually broke ground before getting killed. probably not going to happen but who knows.

I'm more confident that RO2 will get built. True North Holdings has been putting a lot of OT into assembling these lots, community outreach and design. They've already demo'd the firehouse, restored the Pember House and have filed a ton of permits with the city. I see this suddenly moving much like the Link. True North is also behind the Cambria, so they have a good start to the area.

I see Central Station moving before Palm Court at this point and I think Hines will be a go.

Obadno Dec 14, 2018 4:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8408359)
I'm more confident that RO2 will get built. True North Holdings has been putting a lot of OT into assembling these lots, community outreach and design. They've already demo'd the firehouse, restored the Pember House and have filed a ton of permits with the city. I see this suddenly moving much like the Link. True North is also behind the Cambria, so they have a good start to the area.

I see Central Station moving before Palm Court at this point and I think Hines will be a go.

I am confident on most of the proposals but Im just pointing out the for sure vs the in planning.

Overall whole the number of projects is like 2007 the environment and the scope of the projects today are far more reasonable and rational than 2007

exit2lef Dec 14, 2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 8408144)
Some quick updates...

A big beautiful green liquor license is on the Desoto Market. But still nothing yet indicating WHO is behind it.

The Sazerac looks closer to opening everyday I pass by. Lights on inside with furnitature on the patio. It looks great!

Sometime this month the backyard beer garden at Rise Coffee (in the former Jobot spot) is supposed to open. The spot where Smooth Brew is opening on Roosevelt has their patio installed and the construction barricades removed finally. No longer have to step into the street.

DeSoto -- I asked around. I was able to learn that CCBG Architects has been involved, but no one knew or would say who their client is.

Sazerac held a soft opening party last night. I think it may have been by invitation.

Rise -- Good news. I like that place and find it delightfully ironic that after all the negativity when Jobot left, another independent coffee shop is doing well in the same spot.

AnthonyPHX Dec 14, 2018 3:55 PM

Aspire Fillmore moving along

Bunch of FAA height apps (4) just came in for Aspire Fillmore for buildings with heights of 240'.
or maybe 4 corners of the same building?
These are all building applications and not crane apps.

601 N. 3rd Avenue.

Application 1
Application 2
Application 3
Application 4

The online application mentions a 198-unit, 14-story building.
A second, newer, filing for the same property mentions a 17-story apartment building.
Project branding is apparently 'Duo on Fillmore', so 2 buildings?
Beats me how either of those get to 240'; Maybe they're over-asking just to get wiggle-room on final designs?
I submitted a public records request today, should take about a month to come back.

Obadno Dec 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyPHX (Post 8408734)
Bunch of FAA height apps (4) just came in for Aspire Fillmore for buildings with heights of 240'.

601 N. 3rd Avenue.

Application 1
Application 2
Application 3
Application 4

A second, newer, filing for the same property mentions a 17-story apartment building.
Beats me how either of those get to 240'; Maybe they're over-asking just to get wiggle-room on final designs?
I submitted a public records request today, should take about a month to come back.

Seems like a waste of money to build two towers on that location unless they couldn’t get the alley abandonment

CrestedSaguaro Dec 14, 2018 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyPHX (Post 8408734)

601 N. 3rd Avenue.

Application 1
Application 2
Application 3
Application 4

Multiple crane permits and building permits can be submitted. Block 23 did the same thing (4 crane permits and only 2 was put up). Not sure if it was because the attached requests contained mistakes or what not. 240' can be done on 17 floors. Block 23 residential will be 232' with 17 floors. It all just depends on the plate spacing. It would be unusual though for 17 to be 240'. Maybe they have a 2 level penthouse planned for the top or could be a large parapet or even a spire similar to 44 Monroe. I have seen filing permits under "Aspire" and "Duo on Fillmore" with Phoenix for quite a while now. So, I guess we'll see which name they go with.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 14, 2018 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 8408807)
Seems like a waste of money to build two towers on that location unless they couldn’t get the alley abandonment

...but I won't complain if they do build 2 versus 1 :tup:

azliam Dec 14, 2018 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieFoos (Post 8408902)
Multiple crane permits and building permits can be submitted. Block 23 did the same thing (4 crane permits and only 2 was put up). Not sure if it was because the attached requests contained mistakes or what not. 240' can be done on 17 floors. Block 23 residential will be 232' with 17 floors. It all just depends on the plate spacing. It would be unusual though for 17 to be 240'. Maybe they have a 2 level penthouse planned for the top or could be a large parapet or even a spire similar to 44 Monroe. I have seen filing permits under "Aspire" and "Duo on Fillmore" with Phoenix for quite a while now. So, I guess we'll see which name they go with.

I wish we had a building in downtown with a crown like the Frost Bank building in Austin. I've always thought that thing is beautiful, especially lit up at night.

AnthonyPHX Dec 14, 2018 6:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 8408925)
I wish we had a building in downtown with a crown like the Frost Bank building in Austin. I've always thought that thing is beautiful, especially lit up at night.

Phoenix city hall doesn't count? :)