SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

MMDelon Jun 4, 2021 9:28 PM

With that being said, I am still very bold on Phoenix in the next coming years. I still feel that things will get moving and projects will start to pop up the further we get back to normal.

Diamonddave Jun 4, 2021 9:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9302243)
With that being said, I am still very bold on Phoenix in the next coming years. I still feel that things will get moving and projects will start to pop up the further we get back to normal.

Totally agree with that point of view also I thought we all agreed that the Central station site is cursed.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Jun 5, 2021 1:08 AM

All these projects that are finishing up are going to need some time to fill up anyway. It’s going to be a year maybe two before all these projects are filled anyway. Then it will be time to build again! That’s my guess,lol.

MMDelon Jun 6, 2021 8:03 PM

Yeah I agree with projects needing to filled up, that’s important to bring growth and more projects downtown. It would be nice for another Block 23 type project to go in that big open lot across the Westward Ho.

Phxguy Jun 6, 2021 8:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9303417)
Yeah I agree with projects needing to filled up, that’s important to bring growth and more projects downtown. It would be nice for another Block 23 type project to go in that big open lot across the Westward Ho.

My totally ‘not going to happen’ dream for that lot is something ala Public Market in Seattle. A permanent indoor vendor space that stays throughout the day and late into the night with residential units above it.

admdavid Jun 7, 2021 5:32 PM

Sorry if this has been asked/answered previously, but what the hell is happening with One Camelback? I don't think I've seen any progress on that building for literally years.

Prestige Worldwide Jun 7, 2021 5:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admdavid (Post 9304261)
Sorry if this has been asked/answered previously, but what the hell is happening with One Camelback? I don't think I've seen any progress on that building for literally years.

They had crawled at a snails pace from 2018-2019 with little movement, but they picked things up over the last 18 months and are starting to buildout the interior of the building. They'll get there. Not sure what timeline they have, but they've come this far, so I expect it to get finished in the next 12 months.

The building is being converted to high-end condo units.

PHX06 Jun 7, 2021 6:05 PM

Does anyone know what is happening (if anything) at the lot on the southeast corner of McKinley and 6th St? It is fenced off and it seems like there is some equipment on site.

admdavid Jun 7, 2021 6:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide (Post 9304292)
They had crawled at a snails pace from 2018-2019 with little movement, but they picked things up over the last 18 months and are starting to buildout the interior of the building. They'll get there. Not sure what timeline they have, but they've come this far, so I expect it to get finished in the next 12 months.

The building is being converted to high-end condo units.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

IndyAZ Jun 7, 2021 8:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX06 (Post 9304307)
Does anyone know what is happening (if anything) at the lot on the southeast corner of McKinley and 6th St? It is fenced off and it seems like there is some equipment on site.

I saw that too. I am assuming it is a construction staging area for Skye, but not positive.

Diamonddave Jun 7, 2021 8:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9304467)
I saw that too. I am assuming it is a construction staging area for Skye, but not positive.

I believe the project is suppose to break ground later this month according to a Phoenix business journal article.

CrestedSaguaro Jun 7, 2021 8:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAZ (Post 9304467)

This lot is the staging lot for the APS substation development for Roosevelt/7the St.

Phxguy Jun 9, 2021 8:14 PM

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/b...O8Y5IOCxtKM-8Y

Land sells for $7.75 mil, same block as Enhance Condos. Was this previously owned by TNS?

combusean Jun 9, 2021 8:18 PM

The lot was owned by an affiliate of Sencorp, the enHance developer. Sencorp also bought the Los Olivos site that went nowhere so hopefully that sells soon as well.

Good to see this move, I hope they have better plans than crummy wood-frame condos.

ASU Diablo Jun 10, 2021 6:15 AM

Upcoming DVC June Meeting Agenda

Of course Sarver is looking to demo the old St James building. :hell:
  • Proposed demolition of Duke’s Photography, 2816 N. 7th Avenue (ZA-227-21) ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)

ADOT Lighting ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)

Proposed demolition of the Hotel St. James, 17 E. Madison St. (Suns Legacy Properties) ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)

MAG Momentum Plan ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)

ASU Diablo Jun 10, 2021 6:16 AM

Upcoming DVC June Meeting Agenda

Quote:

1. Proposed demolition of Duke’s Photography, 2816 N. 7th Avenue (ZA-227-21) ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)
  2. ADOT Lighting ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)
  3. Proposed demolition of the Hotel St. James, 17 E. Madison St. (Suns Legacy Properties) ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)
  4. MAG Momentum Plan ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)

Phxguy Jun 10, 2021 7:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9307396)
  • Proposed demolition of Duke’s Photography, 2816 N. 7th Avenue (ZA-227-21) ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)

ADOT Lighting ~ JB Baber, HP & Neighborhoods (20 minutes)

Proposed demolition of the Hotel St. James, 17 E. Madison St. (Suns Legacy Properties) ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)

MAG Momentum Plan ~ Steering Committee (20 minutes)

Unsurprising, they’re back to finish what they started nearly a decade ago.

2 months or so ago the City approved their proposal for an “interim” parking lot for up to 4 years. They will demo the basement of the former building on the SEC of Central and Madison ahead of LRT construction and pave it over. The developer is also paying for a detached sidewalk along Central, shrunk from a width of 13’ to 5’.

There probably isn’t a strong case for the St. James Hotel, but why is parking, as a primary use, being approved by the City adjacent to a future LRT corridor?

exit2lef Jun 10, 2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9307417)
Unsurprising, they’re back to finish what they started nearly a decade ago.

2 months or so ago the City approved their proposal for an “interim” parking lot for up to 4 years. They will demo the basement of the former building on the SEC of Central and Madison ahead of LRT construction and pave it over. The developer is also paying for a detached sidewalk along Central, shrunk from a width of 13’ to 5’.

There probably isn’t a strong case for the St. James Hotel, but why is parking, as a primary use, being approved by the City adjacent to a future LRT corridor?

Yes, that's the problem. It's not so much that the building is precious, but that the proposed new use for the land is so inappropriate and mediocre.

pbenjamin Jun 10, 2021 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asu diablo (Post 9307397)
of course sarver is looking to demo the old st james building. :hell:

dvc?

ASU Diablo Jun 10, 2021 8:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbenjamin (Post 9308053)
dvc?

Downtown Voices Coalition