SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

MMDelon Oct 13, 2020 3:10 AM

It has been a long time coming for Central Station. I am glad this is finally coming together.

Diamonddave Oct 13, 2020 3:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9071292)
It has been a long time coming for Central Station. I am glad this is finally coming together.

I totally agree with your comment, since the first RFP was cancelled few years ago.

muertecaza Oct 13, 2020 4:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9069518)
The Lafferty-owned surface lot on 12th St between Wash and Jeff has been graded. Looks like construction might be in the near future?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9069579)
There was an article a couple weeks ago that they broke ground on it. I think it's posted in the mid-rise thread.

Building permits issued for this project yesterday :cheers:

CrestedSaguaro Oct 13, 2020 6:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BA744PHX (Post 9070663)
It could be 535 +5 for mechanical.

The second tower was 415 but reduced back to 369 when it went for city approval. I wonder how/why the change or if the article is accurate

This is correct. Renderings show the roof at 535' and a little extra for the mechanical screening. The second tower will be built in a second phase. So I think it will probably go through a few height adjustments dependant on the economy and market before it gets a final height when built.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 13, 2020 6:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_daniel (Post 9071089)
Valley Metro announced on social media that Central Station Transit Center will be indefinitely closing on Monday, October 26th for redevelopment.

Awesome news! This was originally not planned for groundbreaking until Q1-2021 I believe. Great to see that this is moving forward faster than anticipated :cheers:

Mr.RE Oct 13, 2020 6:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 9071600)
Building permits issued for this project yesterday :cheers:

Which project is this?

PHXFlyer11 Oct 13, 2020 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.RE (Post 9071736)
Which project is this?

I had to Google and find a very crappy Lafferty web site, and I'm not certain which project but I think it's St. Ambrose since there's an article from the PHX Biz Journal saying this project had started in late september.

https://laffertyelectrictechnologies.com/projects/

biggus diggus Oct 13, 2020 6:37 PM

in the permit records the project is called the presidential.

Where are these building permits that were issued, though? Looking at 1111 e washington there are no permits yet, none that I can see anyway.

Diamonddave Oct 13, 2020 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9071730)
This is correct. Renderings show the roof at 535' and a little extra for the mechanical screening. The second tower will be built in a second phase. So I think it will probably go through a few height adjustments dependant on the economy and market before it gets a final height when built.

Just curious Astra was approved with two phases. Does anyone know how long does the developer have to begin phase 2 before the have to repeat the process.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 13, 2020 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9071757)

Where are these building permits that were issued, though? Looking at 1111 e washington there are no permits yet, none that I can see anyway.

Article I posted back in September indicates this is St. Ambrose and will be on SW corner of 12th St. and Van Buren (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...postcount=1646). I don't have the project number for St. Ambrose, so haven't looked up anything permit-wise.

However, the Presidential you brought up is project 14-2455. It shows 10 permits earlier this year, but none since April. When I took a spin a couple weeks ago, both lots have been fenced and graded. So I am not sure if both are going or just St. Ambrose.

muertecaza Oct 13, 2020 8:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9071757)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9071796)
Article I posted back in September indicates this is St. Ambrose and will be on SW corner of 12th St. and Van Buren (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...postcount=1646). I don't have the project number for St. Ambrose, so haven't looked up anything permit-wise.

However, the Presidential you brought up is project 14-2455. It shows 10 permits earlier this year, but none since April. When I took a spin a couple weeks ago, both lots have been fenced and graded. So I am not sure if both are going or just St. Ambrose.

Looks like the permits I saw were for St. Ambrose, which apparently is different from Presidential. Address listed for St. Ambrose is actually on 12th St., 220 N. 12th St. Project number is 15-1083.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 13, 2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muertecaza (Post 9071907)
Looks like the permits I saw were for St. Ambrose, which apparently is different from Presidential. Address listed for St. Ambrose is actually on 12th St., 220 N. 12th St. Project number is 15-1083.

Took a quick drive by both sites on the way to work. The Presidential site has nothing going on. Just a fenced dirt lot. St. Ambrose is definitely in full construction swing with a construction trailer and equipment onsite. Even more amazing is seeing a Lafferty Construction sign on the fence. Let's hope this means he will start moving more of his developments, especially the Presidential.

Obadno Oct 13, 2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9072104)
Took a quick drive by both sites on the way to work. The Presidential site has nothing going on. Just a fenced dirt lot. St. Ambrose is definitely in full construction swing with a construction trailer and equipment onsite. Even more amazing is seeing a Lafferty Construction sign on the fence. Let's hope this means he will start moving more of his developments, especially the Presidential.

Lafferty and Toll brothers actually building stuff??? True north studios might be dead???

2020 has jumped the shark officially

Tito714 Oct 13, 2020 11:24 PM

Hyatt Regency is scheduled to re open 10/29.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 13, 2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tito714 (Post 9072145)
Hyatt Regency is scheduled to re open 10/29.

I didn't even know it was closed? COVID, remodel or both?? :shrug:

ASU Diablo Oct 13, 2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9072151)
I didn't even know it was closed?? :shrug:

Was just about to post the same thing LOL well glad it's open now and the new Barrel & Bushel can get some traffic going.

Code5 Oct 14, 2020 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9072131)
Lafferty and Toll brothers actually building stuff??? True north studios might be dead???

Ugh, True North Studios better not be dead. I will cry.

CrestedSaguaro Oct 14, 2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code5 (Post 9072209)
Ugh, True North Studios better not be dead. I will cry.

True North isn't dead. Just some of their projects seem to be falling apart. Meow Wolf (and Atari) seemed to have possibly pulled the plug for the time being and Knipe House has halted construction probably also due to COVID which I think is probably a wise decision as you can't fill office when everyone is working from home.

Hopefully, the office market comes back after this is all over, but we'll see how many companies actually bring their employees back to the office or not. If not, I'm sure True North will build some more residential or something else on the lot. There's also still McKinley Green as well. I believe that is still on track.

biggus diggus Oct 14, 2020 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9072131)

This truly is a year full of history undoing itself.

Obadno Oct 14, 2020 1:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9072224)
True North isn't dead. Just some of their projects seem to be falling apart. Meow Wolf (and Atari) seemed to have possibly pulled the plug for the time being and Knipe House has halted construction probably also due to COVID which I think is probably a wise decision as you can't fill office when everyone is working from home.

Hopefully, the office market comes back after this is all over, but we'll see how many companies actually bring their employees back to the office or not. If not, I'm sure True North will build some more residential or something else on the lot. There's also still McKinley Green as well. I believe that is still on track.

Many office jobs especially in certain industries will never come back to work regularly in person. But some people think its going to be like all jobs and the best estimates ive seen is about 25% which is massive.

But some big names like the CEO of Chase already said he's not a fan of Work from Home dynamics.