SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   CHICAGO | Tribune Tower Addition | 1,442 FT | 113 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231808)

Handro May 29, 2019 6:12 PM

My company (very big contractor) is bidding on the upcoming rehab of Pioneer Court, and the newest renderings show a glassy tower base where the the Tribune East Tower would be... small but interesting update, I thought.

Zapatan May 29, 2019 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handro (Post 8588281)
My company (very big contractor) is bidding on the upcoming rehab of Pioneer Court, and the newest renderings show a glassy tower base where the the Tribune East Tower would be... small but interesting update, I thought.

Hm, different from the current glassy (I assume) base of the tower?

This design is gorgeous so I hope they don't change it (unless it's to make it taller obviously) :tup:

KWillChicago May 29, 2019 8:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handro (Post 8588281)

Didntvthey just rehab all the granite on pionneer court. Any inside info on what they are planning?

Handro May 29, 2019 8:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8588434)
Hm, different from the current glassy (I assume) base of the tower?

This design is gorgeous so I hope they don't change it (unless it's to make it taller obviously) :tup:

Not sure if it's different from other renderings, it's just a small corner of what the building would be. But I think the fact they included that in the rendering for a different project is not insignificant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8588505)
Didntvthey just rehab all the granite on pionneer court. Any inside info on what they are planning?

Repaving, new hardscaping and landscaping, new signage, rebuilding stairs to lower Michigan Ave, new lighting. From the renderings it looks like the general gist is removing some planters, adding more landscaping to the southern edge, and adding new/more interesting brickwork.

maru2501 May 29, 2019 8:46 PM

^ four Marilyn Monroes

Zapatan May 29, 2019 9:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handro (Post 8588573)
Not sure if it's different from other renderings, it's just a small corner of what the building would be. But I think the fact they included that in the rendering for a different project is not insignificant.

Repaving, new hardscaping and landscaping, new signage, rebuilding stairs to lower Michigan Ave, new lighting. From the renderings it looks like the general gist is removing some planters, adding more landscaping to the southern edge, and adding new/more interesting brickwork.

I guess, although I'm sure they add random stuff to renderings all the time, I don't see how that's a hint that the tower is still planned to be built, I guess it's not a bad sign though ;)

Do you have the rendering or is it top secret?

rgarri4 May 30, 2019 1:57 AM

Does the glassy base resemble the base of the super tall proposal or something completely different? Could you even tell?

Zerton May 30, 2019 3:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 8536485)
Nice!

How tall is Jahn's proposal? Is that even legit or just a vision.. cool concept either way

Just a vision his firm threw together. It's not a legit proposal as of now.

Hudson11 Jun 3, 2019 11:44 PM

Chicago's 432 Park? The source is pretty prolific. Worth noting that a lot of what they do are visions, but they also have plenty of legit projects in their portfolio.

atchain

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...g?format=1500w

BonoboZill4 Jun 4, 2019 12:01 AM

While I kinda like it, it's not even close to as good of a pairing with Old Tribune as the one we are getting. Looks like they are just posting their rendering that lost the competition

KWillChicago Jun 4, 2019 12:13 AM

Doesn't really fit there but would look great in place of where Park Michigan was supposed to go.

BonoboZill4 Jun 4, 2019 1:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8593917)
Doesn't really fit there but would look great in place of where Park Michigan was supposed to go.

Ooo, good point

HomrQT Jun 4, 2019 2:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8593900)
While I kinda like it, it's not even close to as good of a pairing with Old Tribune as the one we are getting. Looks like they are just posting their rendering that lost the competition

The "one we are getting" doesn't look like a good pairing with the Tribune Tower either.

Donnie77 Jun 4, 2019 4:41 AM

432 anyone?

rgarri4 Jun 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson11 (Post 8593879)
Chicago's 432 Park? The source is pretty prolific. Worth noting that a lot of what they do are visions, but they also have plenty of legit projects in their portfolio.

atchain

Atchain is a Chineese rendering studio, not an architecture firm.

Zerton Jun 4, 2019 2:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson11 (Post 8593879)

atchain

I was talking about Jahn's Thompson Center proposal.

Hudson11 Jun 4, 2019 3:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgarri4 (Post 8594330)
Atchain is a Chineese rendering studio, not an architecture firm.

and who pays them to make renderings? A quick visit to their website and you'll see a myriad of completed and proposed designs all over the world. That being said, like bonobo said, this was probably just one of the pitches that were rendered while AS+GG won the competition.

Busy Bee Jun 4, 2019 9:14 PM

I can see A Rod on the toilet.

BonoboZill4 Jun 5, 2019 3:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 8594054)
The "one we are getting" doesn't look like a good pairing with the Tribune Tower either.

False

HomrQT Jun 5, 2019 6:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8595496)
False

Nah I'm right.