SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buildings & Architecture (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   URGENT and slightly odd inquiry about Sears Tower (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121354)

john doe Dec 7, 2006 5:40 AM

URGENT and slightly odd inquiry about Sears Tower

Firstly, i apologise if this is the wrong section, i thought hard about where best to post this ... and secondly i would appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to help me with these :)

1) What tenants occupy the 50th floor?
2) Does Sears Tower lease out spaces of 150ft?

brian_b Dec 11, 2006 5:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john doe (Post 2494443)
Firstly, i apologise if this is the wrong section, i thought hard about where best to post this ... and secondly i would appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to help me with these :)

1) What tenants occupy the 50th floor?
2) Does Sears Tower lease out spaces of 150ft?

1) You could call the Tower switchboard. It's manned 24/7. A quick google search showed that as recently as 1999 a company called Farley Industries had the 50th floor
2) The smallest currently available suite is about 1200 sq feet on the 93rd floor. 150 sq ft is barely enough room for an ATM or a food cart. They might give you that type of space on one of the retail levels (-1 and -2).

vid Dec 11, 2006 5:40 AM

What are you planning to use 150sqft of the 50th floor of the sears tower for? :P Personal lavatory with a view? :tup:

I'm in!

Rejinx Dec 12, 2006 10:05 AM

I have noticed that this message board sometimes gets some very strange post.:koko:
Oh and I'll take a third share of that lavatory.

WesTheAngelino Dec 12, 2006 2:54 PM

Sounds like we got ourselves a turrist, fellers.

Chicago103 Dec 12, 2006 8:29 PM

Maybe he wants to squat in the Sears Tower, maybe he got the idea from the thread I started awhile back ;).

vid Dec 13, 2006 1:38 AM

Let's just all go to the Sears Tower some day and just take over their empty office space. :)

Dalreg Dec 13, 2006 2:01 AM

Maybe he is trying to impress his girlfriend?

john doe Dec 17, 2006 5:16 PM

Thanks heaps for your help, brian_b

And no, i wasn't planning on squatting in Sears Tower, though a toilet with a view might impress my gf ... i'll get on it ;)

Actually, i was trying to disprove, discredit, and embarrass my worst enemy, who is also shameless liar and a vile indivudal. he claims to have owned a company i know he is making up to try and look good, he claimed it had over 1200 workers housed in 150 square feet on the 50th Floor of Sears Tower. Thanks to you, i've being able to disprove him, and his reputiation is in tatters. I'm working on destorying the remaing shreads of it. Cheers! :)

vid Dec 18, 2006 7:18 AM

"he claimed it had over 1200 workers housed in 150 square feet on the 50th Floor of Sears Tower."

OMG!! I think that would make it a new world record for most people stuffed into a small area! Hell, my living room is about 150 square feet and barely 6 people can fit in it, let alone TWELVE HUNDRED! :D

Amanita Dec 18, 2006 6:23 PM

Heh, I once worked with a "goddamn liar" type- the guy claimed he had broken into the CN Tower's subbasement and stolen roughly 25 grand from them- their sole means of security being "Oh, we don' expect people to go down there". He also told me that the CN Tower's subbasement went down over 20 stories. Horse dook! More like 70 feet at the deepest. And who would build 20+ floors underground in a building like the CN Tower?