SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

PHX31 Jun 4, 2016 1:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 7462861)
and isn't Castle and Coasters a major part of the SE section not showing buildings?

Castles and Coasters falls outside the loop and appears to be just not shown.

Urbannizer Jun 4, 2016 3:10 PM

Any updates to this project?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=203046&page=2

Obadno Jun 4, 2016 5:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbannizer (Post 7463123)

Fantasy pipe dream that aint never happenin'

Buckeye Native 001 Jun 4, 2016 6:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael85225 (Post 7463017)
Speaking of malls, I went to Fiesta Mall this week and it was the saddest sight I've ever seen. The mall is just a shell of it's former self as most of the stores are no more and it's just a huge empty place. It's just like what happened to Tri City. It's a damn shame that the mall doesn't have very much time left. Even the Bank of America logo has been removed from the tower across the street which I assume is because they vacated.

That whole area, especially as you head north on Alma School past Southern and up towards Broadway, is depressing. Fiesta Mall has long been overshadowed by its counterparts. Superstition Springs and Chandler Fashion Center.

CrestedSaguaro Jun 4, 2016 7:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 (Post 7463299)
That whole area, especially as you head north on Alma School past Southern and up towards Broadway, is depressing. Fiesta Mall has long been overshadowed by its counterparts. Superstition Springs and Chandler Fashion Center.

Bank of America closed it's branch about 2 months ago. I'm not sure how many offices they had in the tower. But US Bank has space in the tower and is looking at possibly taking up the former Bank of America branch spot. If this happens watch for a US Bank logo to go on the tower.

CUclimber Jun 7, 2016 8:12 PM

Quote:

Put all the density opposite the mass transportation. how does shit like this occur.
My thoughts exactly. Why is the light rail separated from all of the shops/pedestrian areas by a gigantic parking lot?

muertecaza Jun 7, 2016 9:41 PM

Biz Journal has article confirming CBRE is marketing Block 23 office space. The article uses the render posted before, but nothing in the article confirms whether the rendering is accurate.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...-space-at.html

Quote:

Commercial real estate brokerage firm CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG) has been picked to handle the marketing and leasing for the 155,00-square-feet of offices that are part of the much anticipated Block 23 at CityScape development.

The downtown Phoenix development is slated to have a much coveted Fry’s Food Stores grocery.

The Block 23 project is located at Washington and First streets and is being built by RED Development...

CBRE’s Jerry Roberts and Pat Boyle will market the new office space to prospective tenants.

“We are excited for the opportunity to work with the RED Development team again,” said Roberts. “The RED team has always had a strong belief in the potential of downtown Phoenix, which can be seen in the success of CityScape. We look forward to carrying over that same momentum with the Block 23 project.”

The office portion of the new development is slated to have floor-to-ceiling glass floorplates with 16-foot ceilings.

The CBRE brokers say it will be attractive to technology and creative tenants and will compete with other creative submarkets such as Old Town Scottsdale and Tempe’s Mill Avenue.

RED is also building some multifamily housing as part of the Block 23 project.

The developer hopes to break ground in the fourth quarter with the project delivering in 2018.

dtnphx Jun 7, 2016 9:49 PM

Based on that square footage, it will be the three to 5-story office building from the rendering. In comparison, the Cityscape tower across the street has over 500K SF. So a stub we shall get.

PHXFlyer11 Jun 7, 2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7466574)
Based on that square footage, it will be the three to 5-story office building from the rendering. In comparison, the Cityscape tower across the street has over 500K SF. So a stub we shall get.

Are we sure? I'd think since this is still in the concept phase that it could be increased if CBRE is able to locate the demand for it.

dtnphx Jun 7, 2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 7466628)
Are we sure? I'd think since this is still in the concept phase that it could be increased if CBRE is able to locate the demand for it.

I mean it's possible, I guess. I think they could fill a tall Class A building easily, but my sense is that they're trying to be on trend with the strong desire for tech space and the kind of buildings those kinds of tenants like to be in. But, after all this time, they introduce the project to the market, I would hope they would have thought it through. Apparently, this is it.

dtnphx Jun 7, 2016 10:39 PM

Duplicate.

PHX31 Jun 8, 2016 12:01 AM

Why not mixed use building(s)? Grocery store, residences, 155,000 SF offices, all in one building? Seems like less of a waste of land. Perhaps it's just too expensive to build taller.

phxhbg Jun 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 7466646)
I mean it's possible, I guess. I think they could fill a tall Class A building easily, but my sense is that they're trying to be on trend with the strong desire for tech space and the kind of buildings those kinds of tenants like to be in. But, after all this time, they introduce the project to the market, I would hope they would have thought it through. Apparently, this is it.

Why could you not just build a tall building with 3 stories of high ceilings for the tech companies and then make the rest Class A? Or the building could even have step ups.

If nothing changes then the city should not allow them to build.

dtnphx Jun 8, 2016 8:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phxhbg (Post 7467761)
Why could you not just build a tall building with 3 stories of high ceilings for the tech companies and then make the rest Class A? Or the building could even have step ups.

If nothing changes then the city should not allow them to build.

That's an excellent idea about doing a mix. But the city has a major hardon for this development because of the Fry's. I've spoken to several office brokers who can't figure out why they're building such a small building on that prime parcel. They concur that there is significant demand for large floorplates downtown and that it would lease up quickly. They think the rents are going to be really high to make it feasible.

vwwolfe Jun 8, 2016 9:47 PM

Renaissance Renovations

The Renaissance seems to be testing the lighter colored paint.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/102...924/QweBPv.jpg

exit2lef Jun 8, 2016 9:52 PM

^Good news. In the renderings I saw at the recent open house, the new look was going to gray and white. Anything to make our city less beige.

azliam Jun 9, 2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 7468000)
^Good news. In the renderings I saw at the recent open house, the new look was going to gray and white. Anything to make our city less beige.

I wish they would do the same with the Hyatt.

rocksteady Jun 9, 2016 1:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azliam (Post 7468160)
I wish they would do the same with the Hyatt.

And the Sheraton! That paint scheme doesn't help and already ugly building and I'm sure would help the dated look tremendously with a more modern paint scheme.

michael85225 Jun 9, 2016 6:12 AM

I don't think they could do a facelift on the Sheraton cause it's already hideous with it's odd design, maybe they could cover up the spaces in between the windows with some shiny glass or something. I love how modern the Bank of America building in midtown now looks so maybe they could take some pointers from that. We will all be in walkers by the time the city renovates or demolishes the Sheraton.

biggus diggus Jun 9, 2016 2:48 PM

When the city buys the Sheraton back.