SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

MMDelon Mar 22, 2022 5:58 PM

How do you feel about the co-living aspect of X-Phoenix? I have been thinking about living there once they complete the second phase but I am kind of hesitant living with random people.

PHX31 Mar 22, 2022 6:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9575295)
How do you feel about the co-living aspect of X-Phoenix. I have been thinking about living once they complete the second phase but I am kind of hesitant living with random ppl.

Can someone explain the co-living aspect? Is it like you live in the dorms again with a private bedroom but a public/shared bathroom? Private bed/bath but shared kitchen? Private bed/bath/kitchen but they're tiny and everyone goes to the shared amenities area?

CrestedSaguaro Mar 22, 2022 7:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9575314)
Can someone explain the co-living aspect? Is it like you live in the dorms again with a private bedroom but a public/shared bathroom? Private bed/bath but shared kitchen? Private bed/bath/kitchen but they're tiny and everyone goes to the shared amenities area?

X Phoenix has both normal studio and 1 bedroom apartments and co-living 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units. The co-living units, I believe you are renting out a bedroom and sharing the kitchen and living room. Each bedroom however, does include their own bathroom space, so you are not sharing the bathrooms.

PHX31 Mar 22, 2022 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9575386)
X Phoenix has both normal studio and 1 bedroom apartments and co-living 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units. The co-living units, I believe you are renting out a bedroom and sharing the kitchen and living room. Each bedroom however, does include their own bathroom space, so you are not sharing the bathrooms.

Thanks for the info. If I was single and in my 20s again, I still don't think I could do that co-living arrangement. I'd at least want a tiny kitchen area, then I would spend most of my time in the living/amenities area of the building, or just out on the streets at work or in the adjacent bars, restaurants, venues. Similar to how say in Tokyo (yes, I've been watching youtube videos of people just walking around Tokyo neighborhoods), people have tiny apts but barely spend any time there. Captain obvious disclaimer: Yes I know DT Phoenix is nothing like Tokyo, but there are plenty of places even near X Phoenix where you can spend your time..

MMDelon Mar 22, 2022 8:00 PM

Yeah I agree. I am curious how that plate form will preform. I think a lot of younger adults in their early 20s will love it. I am not sure if X-Phoenix is working with ASU and U of A but it could be a great opportunity to rent out some of those rooms for ASU and U of A students downtown.

ryry584 Mar 23, 2022 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMDelon (Post 9575295)
How do you feel about the co-living aspect of X-Phoenix? I have been thinking about living there once they complete the second phase but I am kind of hesitant living with random people.

I am looking into the co living to save some extra money. I am in my mid 20s, just got a job downtown and i have always wanted to live in a downtown. im a little concerned about it but i have had roommates in the past during college, and X phoenix will move you to different room if you don't get along with your roommate for free for the first time. second time i wanna say is like a 250 dollar fee. And they do background checks on everyone in co living. I couldn't find anyone to room with so this was kinda my only option :/. also liked X because i hope it will allow me to meet more people, awesome gym and its walking distance to my office building. I am also considering Kenects co living, but im worried it will be crawling with asu students. Im excited, wherever i end up its gonna be a huge culture shock coming from suburb life

MiEncanto Mar 23, 2022 5:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryry584 (Post 9576445)
I am looking into the co living to save some extra money. I am in my mid 20s, just got a job downtown and i have always wanted to live in a downtown. im a little concerned about it but i have had roommates in the past during college, and X phoenix will move you to different room if you don't get along with your roommate for free for the first time. second time i wanna say is like a 250 dollar fee. And they do background checks on everyone in co living. I couldn't find anyone to room with so this was kinda my only option :/. also liked X because i hope it will allow me to meet more people, awesome gym and its walking distance to my office building. I am also considering Kenects co living, but im worried it will be crawling with asu students. Im excited, wherever i end up its gonna be a huge culture shock coming from suburb life

If you're a fairly social person, I think it could be fun. If you need privacy, you just stay in your room. But it's an easy way to have folks to hang out with and reduce weekend nights with nothing to do. My main concern would be keeping the kitchen clean. Shared space often means no one is accountable. I would try to lay down tight rules and a process early on. In my house I shared, we had a white board where we wrote down what chores we had done for the common areas. This had the effect of shaming those who were doing less and kinda encouraged good behavior.

ryry584 Mar 23, 2022 5:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiEncanto (Post 9576502)
If you're a fairly social person, I think it could be fun. If you need privacy, you just stay in your room. But it's an easy way to have folks to hang out with and reduce weekend nights with nothing to do. My main concern would be keeping the kitchen clean. Shared space often means no one is accountable. I would try to lay down tight rules and a process early on. In my house I shared, we had a white board where we wrote down what chores we had done for the common areas. This had the effect of shaming those who were doing less and kinda encouraged good behavior.

Same here i am a clean freak. X has a " professional cleaning " service where they clean the kitchen and living room two times a month free for the co-living units. not quite sure how it all works, just hope my roommates dont use that as an excuse to trash the place

TJPHXskyscraperfan Mar 23, 2022 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9575386)

I’m sure if you have a friend you want to room with in a 2 bedroom you could chose who u want to live with other wise you would just get a 1 bedroom there.

ryry584 Mar 24, 2022 12:16 AM

Does anyone know the prices and floor layout for derby? im amazed they still don't have anything on the website

CrestedSaguaro Mar 25, 2022 12:00 AM

1500 North Central Tower

As promised, here's some news on a slow news week...and a good one!

Hubbard Street Group (the developer behind the Sky on 6th) is proposing a tower at 23 stories (250') on the SW corner of Central and McDowell where the 2 floor office building was recently demoed.

No renderings yet and proposal is just in fact finding right now. But if Sky on 6th is any indication, this one will probably move quickly. More gap closure between Downtown and Midtown!

:cheers:

View the documents at my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XW?usp=sharing

Phxguy Mar 25, 2022 5:54 AM

Is that a grocer is planned for the site I spot?? :D

PHXFlyer11 Mar 25, 2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9578320)
As promised, here's some news on a slow news week...and a good one!

Hubbard Street Group (the developer behind the Sky on 6th) is proposing a tower at 23 stories (250') on the SW corner of Central and McDowell where the 2 floor office building was recently demoed.

No renderings yet and proposal is just in fact finding right now. But if Sky on 6th is any indication, this one will probably move quickly. More gap closure between Downtown and Midtown!

:cheers:

View the documents at my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XW?usp=sharing

Hell yea! That is great news! Maybe we'll start to see a few new towers in midtown. I *think* this is the first one to cross the 10 in two decades or more?

I know we have the proposed one on Thomas as well and the site next to Spaghetti Factory has been considered.

Hope this is a model for next knocking down that heinous CVS and putting a tower there.

CrestedSaguaro Mar 25, 2022 2:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phxguy (Post 9578572)
Is that a grocer is planned for the site I spot?? :D

Doh! I didn't even see that! That explains the retail parking garage size. This would be a really awesome addition to the area if we can nail down another grocer. :cheers:

PHXFlyer11 Mar 25, 2022 3:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9578839)
Doh! I didn't even see that! That explains the retail parking garage size. This would be a really awesome addition to the area if we can nail down another grocer. :cheers:

What's interesting to me is that you don't speculate on grocers. You have one lined up, or you don't. That space is gonna kill you if you don't have a long-term tenant at lunch. To me the only logical choice there is Whole Foods, like they did in Tempe.

Safeway is down the road on 7th and Sprouts is on 7th and Osborn... with another Safeway.

Obadno Mar 25, 2022 3:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 (Post 9578875)
What's interesting to me is that you don't speculate on grocers. You have one lined up, or you don't. That space is gonna kill you if you don't have a long-term tenant at lunch. To me the only logical choice there is Whole Foods, like they did in Tempe.

Safeway is down the road on 7th and Sprouts is on 7th and Osborn... with another Safeway.

Im actually surprised we haven't had a whole foods yet with Encanto, Willow Coronado and the northern part of downtown being quite expensive.

Us poor yuppies need to go all the way to Biltmore for our Whole Foods (cause I'm NOT going to AJ's)

PHX31 Mar 25, 2022 5:04 PM

Speaking of this area... what is the status of the empty lot within Willo at 1st Ave/Virginia? It is or has been under construction but looks stagnant on street view from Oct/2021. I forgot about that development, but figured it would be done by now. Can anyone confirm if it's stalled or actively being constructed?

CrestedSaguaro Mar 25, 2022 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9579059)
Speaking of this area... what is the status of the empty lot within Willo at 1st Ave/Virginia? It is or has been under construction but looks stagnant on street view from Oct/2021. I forgot about that development, but figured it would be done by now. Can anyone confirm if it's stalled or actively being constructed?

Lst time I went by about 2 months ago, it was under full construction.

Edit: Went and looked at the October 2021 street view. It was definitely further along than that IIRC. I'll swing by later today and get an update on it.

Obadno Mar 25, 2022 5:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX31 (Post 9579059)

Slow but its going, They are towns and I bet they've been impacted by the fluctuations in Lumber

ASU Diablo Mar 25, 2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro (Post 9370614)
Here you all go. Record Request came in this morning.

Development Name: 1st Street Townhomes
Developer: Surprisingly, True North Studios
Units: 24
Height: 3 floors with rooftop deck (42.6 feet)
Parking: Looks like 6 spaces total against the alley

View full pre-app on my Google Drive (includes more renderings):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Msj...ew?usp=sharing

Was poking around True North Studio's website and came across 2 new projects with renderings.

So looking at permits, looks like "1st Street Townhomes" is also The Herrera.

https://truenorthstudio.com/projects/the-herrera/
https://truenorthstudio.com/wp-conte...herrera-1.png;

Here is the other townhome project, "The Burton". Not sure where this one is proposed to go. Crested, work your magic ;)

Edit: Think I found it. Here's the address: 1015 N 1ST ST. Fresh permit activity in late 2021. The Burton Phases I/II. More infill for Roosevelt. nice!

https://truenorthstudio.com/projects/the-burton/
https://truenorthstudio.com/wp-conte.../burton-1.png;