SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   CHICAGO | 400 N Lake Shore Drive | 851 FT & 765 FT | 73 & ? FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219306)

RLS_rls May 24, 2018 8:11 AM

Gorgeous! Really impressive. The setbacks, the massing, the site layout, the details. Surely one of the nicest tall buildings under construction in the US right now--will make a great addition to Chicago.

Steely Dan May 24, 2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLS_rls (Post 8197946)
Surely one of the nicest tall buildings under construction in the US right now-.

This one is a LONG way away from being under construction.

It hasn't even gone through the approval process yet.

HomrQT May 25, 2018 1:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8195349)
Best name for a tower in Chicago: EnV

Sounds like a perfume.

RedCorsair87 May 25, 2018 3:04 PM

What is this project's next step and when does will it take place?

KWillChicago May 25, 2018 3:32 PM

Didn't they say it will go for city approval 4th quarter this year. Im sure we will see some soil testers later this year.

JK47 May 25, 2018 4:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 (Post 8199503)
What is this project's next step and when does will it take place?

Getting SOAR's blessing is the first big step. After that securing Alderman Reilly's support. Once they get those two points nailed down they can go ahead with submissions to the Planning Commission and thence on to City Council.

The Best Forumer Jun 1, 2018 6:46 PM

thanks for the updates!

230Roberto Jun 12, 2018 8:44 PM

I've been waiting a while now for this to pop up in the diagrams. I know there is a thread out there for this stuff. But if anyone can get the job done that would be great. Thanks!

HomrQT Jun 13, 2018 4:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 230Roberto (Post 8218625)
I've been waiting a while now for this to pop up in the diagrams. I know there is a thread out there for this stuff. But if anyone can get the job done that would be great. Thanks!

It's usually Koodoo or Koops65 that do the newer big ones for Chicago. I haven't figured out their process yet though. Sometimes it seems like they wait until the project is a few more steps closer to being a reality so they get the more permanent design. Sometimes the new drawing is out a week after initial renders hit. I know they do drawings for a lot of other cities as well so maybe that's what's holding them up. Regardless I always enjoy their work.

Koodoo25 Jun 13, 2018 4:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 8219132)
It's usually Koodoo or Koops65 that do the newer big ones for Chicago. I haven't figured out their process yet though. Sometimes it seems like they wait until the project is a few more steps closer to being a reality so they get the more permanent design. Sometimes the new drawing is out a week after initial renders hit. I know they do drawings for a lot of other cities as well so maybe that's what's holding them up. Regardless I always enjoy their work.

At least in my experience, I'm usually waiting for the building to be added to the database. The editors tend to wait until more information comes out about a project and its height gets confirmed before adding it to the database. Sometimes it's pretty fast and other times it takes a while. As of right now, this project isn't in the database, so we can't do the drawing yet.

BuildThemTaller Jun 13, 2018 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koodoo25 (Post 8219630)
At least in my experience, I'm usually waiting for the building to be added to the database. The editors tend to wait until more information comes out about a project and its height gets confirmed before adding it to the database. Sometimes it's pretty fast and other times it takes a while. As of right now, this project isn't in the database, so we can't do the drawing yet.
I'll put in a request for it so a drawing can go up soon.

The artist appears! Thanks for you great work, Koodoo25.

left of center Jun 13, 2018 5:29 PM

The man, the myth, the legend!

Your excellently executed craft is much appreciated around these parts, Koodoo. Thanks for all your hard work!

gebs Jun 13, 2018 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by left of center (Post 8219683)
The man, the myth, the legend!

Your excellently executed craft is much appreciated around these parts, Koodoo. Thanks for all your hard work!

I guess you could say we love that thing you (Koo) do.

donnie Jun 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Koodoo with the voodoo that only he can do!

I will see myself out._.

HomrQT Jun 13, 2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks for keying us into what the process looks like. Big fan of your work. :cheers:

spyguy Jun 27, 2018 2:44 AM

https://s8.postimg.cc/fn5tbt3fp/016_P_10-1920x1080.jpg

Well this is what STL came up with if you're interested.

Kumdogmillionaire Jun 27, 2018 3:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyguy (Post 8234121)
https://s8.postimg.cc/fn5tbt3fp/016_P_10-1920x1080.jpg

Well this is what STL came up with if you're interested.

Well... Definitely has more height to it than the current plan, but I wouldn't say this design is better or worse. The cantilever design is nice, and the design is super clean. That being said, feels too "NYC" for my liking to be on a lot that prominent. Idk how else to explain it, so I won't be crying over losing this version. Might like something like this in the South Loop, how about where that stupid Jewel sits :D

AMWChicago Jun 27, 2018 3:04 AM

Quote:

thank based Koodoo25 god

:multibow:

left of center Jun 27, 2018 3:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire (Post 8234139)
Well... Definitely has more height to it than the current plan, but I wouldn't say this design is better or worse. The cantilever design is nice, and the design is super clean. That being said, feels too "NYC" for my liking to be on a lot that prominent. Idk how else to explain it, so I won't be crying over losing this version. Might like something like this in the South Loop, how about where that stupid Jewel sits :D

I agree, it does have a very Hudson Yards look. Not to say that its a bad thing. I'll gladly take these towers on some empty lot somewhere else in the CBD :)

Busy Bee Jun 27, 2018 3:40 AM

"Too NYC" my ass. These are fantastic. If this was what was announced a few weeks back we'd all be unanimously squirting our shorts. Oh well.