SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   CHICAGO | 130 N Franklin | 751 FT | 51 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199537)

munchymunch Apr 6, 2015 3:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 6978607)
^ So with this making it this far, we potentially have this one, 444 W Lake, 150 N Riverside, and 151 N Franklin coming out of this boom?

I know some out there are predicting about 4 office towers out of this cycle.

Sam?

SamInTheLoop Apr 6, 2015 2:43 PM

^ I'm at - and have been for quite some time - 4-6 large new office towers this cycle.....only talking about traditional 750k+ sq ft, 30+ stories new construction in the actual CBD.....

I'm very excited for 130 N. Franklin as well......another little tight mini-cluster of new ones with this and 151 Franklin......particularly looking forward to getting large new office towers from a couple very talented Chicago architects, for each of which this will be their first here (K+S, Ronan).........

Finally, looks like this one will have great views to the West from upper floors.....

HomrQT Apr 6, 2015 7:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder (Post 6977724)
Never noticed how big of an impact this will make from the Randolph and Washington st. bridges
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580...3/16416233323/

Something about this seems wrong. It's too squat. It appears someone made the model flush on the lot along Washington which is not quite right from the renders.

rlw777 Apr 6, 2015 8:13 PM

This is definitely my favorite design of the current cycle of proposed / UC buildings. Hopefully in the forthcoming meeting about the project we get some info about a start date and tenant. With all the current project proposals and construction the area around the river confluence is going to go from a no mans land of railroad tracks and parking lots to a vibrant cityscape pretty quick. Let's hope this one and 151 n franklin get off the ground.

hawainpanda Apr 7, 2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 6978911)
^ I'm at - and have been for quite some time - 4-6 large new office towers this cycle.....only talking about traditional 750k+ sq ft, 30+ stories new construction in the actual CBD.....

I'm very excited for 130 N. Franklin as well......another little tight mini-cluster of new ones with this and 151 Franklin......particularly looking forward to getting large new office towers from a couple very talented Chicago architects, for each of which this will be their first here (K+S, Ronan).........

Finally, looks like this one will have great views to the West from upper floors.....

I think the next likely construction is 590 W. Madison, past this though I think most other proposals are pretty stale unless Chicago economy continues to improve, hopefully we will see the south and east wolf point towers comeup too....

ChiTownWonder Apr 7, 2015 3:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomrQT (Post 6979368)
Something about this seems wrong. It's too squat. It appears someone made the model flush on the lot along Washington which is not quite right from the renders.

You are right. I made a quick revision. Still not incredibly accurate, much too thick, but you get the idea.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

Here is a view from a bit further west
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

And here is a view from the Hancock building
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

Zapatan Apr 7, 2015 3:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawainpanda (Post 6979792)
I think the next likely construction is 590 W. Madison, past this though I think most other proposals are pretty stale unless Chicago economy continues to improve, hopefully we will see the south and east wolf point towers comeup too....

Are you just referring to office towers? If not, what about 451 East Grand and The Chicago? I thought that was likely to start construction this year.

It seems Chicago is starting to pick up again. Especially once the other Wolf Point Towers, Spire site and/if Wanda Vista start going up, hopefully by next year? :shrug:

HomrQT Apr 7, 2015 9:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder (Post 6980019)
You are right. I made a quick revision. Still not incredibly accurate, much too thick, but you get the idea.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

Here is a view from a bit further west
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

And here is a view from the Hancock building
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131580.../in/datetaken/

Still going to make a heck of an impact, can't wait to see it being built. Thanks for making the correction.

Notyrview Apr 7, 2015 10:32 PM

Man, if this hikes up to 780 its gonna be so sickening.

Zapatan Apr 7, 2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 6981264)
Man, if this hikes up to 780 its gonna be so sickening.

That'd be nice.

With 2 or three extra floors it'll probably end up ~730 or so, esentially creating a plateau with the two rising across from Wold Point. While I like all of these buildings it would be nice if there were a little variation. Beggars can't be choosers though, I'm happy Chicago is getting back into the high rise game :)

Notyrview Apr 8, 2015 12:06 AM

^It's so true. This a phenomenal cluster of towers regardless. And I'd be happy with the 696. But it's so much fun to speculate! They could always surprise us with a 100 foot rooftop atrium.

Zapatan Apr 8, 2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyrview (Post 6981383)
^It's so true. This a phenomenal cluster of towers regardless. And I'd be happy with the 696. But it's so much fun to speculate! They could always surprise us with a 100 foot rooftop atrium.

If I'm not mistaken 696' is the figure from the original 48 or 49 story proposal. Apparently now it has 51 floors so it should be in the 700's.

SamInTheLoop Apr 8, 2015 3:17 PM

Just carrying over some reports from the highrise thread:

Folks are reporting over there that (I believe there are documents outlining) we could be looking at 699' to the top of the parapet and 709' (if these don't conflict in some minor way) to the top of the elevator penthouse......so a bit taller than most of the other newer Wacker driver office towers (think 155 N, 1 N, 71 S, 111 S, etc).......I'll take it.....

Notyrview Apr 9, 2015 1:22 PM

^indeed, you can't complain about 709'

i_am_hydrogen Apr 15, 2015 5:51 PM

Here ye, here ye!

Quote:

Tishman Speyer Development LLC proposes a 51-story office building with ground floor retail and commercial space. 190 accessory off-street parking spaces will be provided. The proposed development will also include a large landscaped plaza containing approximately 20,000 square feet of open space.

WHAT: 130 North Franklin, Chicago, Illinois

WHEN: Monday, April 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm

WHERE: The Franklin - Rustle & Roux - 227 W. Monroe Street, 2nd floor Cafeteria

Notyrview Apr 15, 2015 5:59 PM

Weeeeeeeee!

Steely Dan Apr 15, 2015 7:11 PM

i updated the thread title with the new floor count and what has been rumored to be the new height to the top of the elevator penthouse.

hopefully we will be given better height info from next monday's meeting.

SamInTheLoop Apr 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Public Meeting This Evening
 
PSA - Just a reminder:


WHAT: 130 North Franklin, Chicago, Illinois

WHEN: Monday, April 20, 2015 at 6:00 pm

WHERE: The Franklin - Rustle & Roux - 227 W. Monroe Street, 2nd floor Cafeteria

rlw777 Apr 20, 2015 7:01 PM

What's the over under on the developer announcing an anchor tenant for this project today?

BVictor1 Apr 20, 2015 11:05 PM

Just spoke to one of the lawyers on the project and he stated that the building would be 53 stories and 720'.

Will report more back later.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.