SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Proposals (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=361)
-   -   CHICAGO | 130 N Franklin | 751 FT | 51 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199537)

go go white sox Jun 6, 2016 6:20 PM

This is going to be a stunner!

rlw777 Jun 6, 2016 6:58 PM

Somebody close by should go by the site and see if the workers have more info.

LouisVanDerWright Jun 6, 2016 7:05 PM

Wow, if this goes under construction this will be our second office - office - residential trio to be going up simultaneously in the confluence area (can we make this a hip new neighborhood brand?) this boom. The vacant lots are really drying up fast now!

headcase Jun 6, 2016 7:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 7464815)
Is the new building taking both lots (Wash to Randolph) or just the S lot (Wash to W Court) ?

It's both lots, a parking podium/amenities level is taking the Northern half of the lot.

SSDD

aaron38 Jun 6, 2016 7:33 PM

Couple weeks ago I was standing on Washington at that lot, looking north, thinking about how different the view would be in a few years. Really excited to see this one start.

MultiModal Jun 6, 2016 7:40 PM

I was told by someone at Tishman that they are finalizing construction drawing details by doing excavation work.

Honestly I don't really know what that means, Ill ask about when they are looking to break ground.

headcase Jun 6, 2016 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiModal (Post 7464999)
I was told by someone at Tishman that they are finalizing construction drawing details by doing excavation work.

Honestly I don't really know what that means, Ill ask about when they are looking to break ground.

They had surveyors on site today and it looks like they are marking where the utilities run through the site. I assume they are digging to verify what exactly it looks like underground so that they can finalize what the foundation/sub levels look like.

IMHO, a good sign, but not necessarily one that says that construction is starting in short order.

SSDD

UPChicago Jun 7, 2016 2:18 AM

of the three 700' boxes this is the one I'm most excited for!

BVictor1 Jun 7, 2016 4:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 7464815)
Is the new building taking both lots (Wash to Randolph) or just the S lot (Wash to W Court) ?

Both. Perhaps just potholing to prepare the site.

SamInTheLoop Jun 7, 2016 4:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiModal (Post 7464999)
Ill ask about when they are looking to break ground.

Yes - please do! :)

SamInTheLoop Jun 7, 2016 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 7464410)
^ Spec, or have they quietly landed tenants and financing?

Yes, this is indeed the question.

My complete guess at the moment is that they have - or are nearing - deal(s) with one or two anchor tenants.......

SamInTheLoop Jun 7, 2016 4:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPChicago (Post 7465452)
of the three 700' boxes this is the one I'm most excited for!

Same here. Don't get me wrong - I very much like those others as well, but the design here really does it for me.......and, this is one that I think will truly make - in 3-4 years time - this boom feel 'complete' (along with confluence stuff/wolf point, Roosevelt/Michigan and Vista, among potentially a few others as well) and one of historical significance in the history of downtown Chicago's high-rise booms.....

the urban politician Jun 7, 2016 5:17 PM

^ Yep, I'm pretty much there with you on this one.

Skyguy_7 Jun 8, 2016 12:12 PM

6/7

https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7387/2...e2dc49cf_c.jpg

Old Chicago Stock Exchange parts
https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7309/2...096541e3_c.jpg

Pilton Jun 8, 2016 12:41 PM

River Point, 150, WPW and the Riverwalk extension - all special. 130 Franklin will be another great addition to the Confluence neighborhood. Glad it seems to be starting up now.

rlw777 Jun 8, 2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7466019)
Same here. Don't get me wrong - I very much like those others as well, but the design here really does it for me.......and, this is one that I think will truly make - in 3-4 years time - this boom feel 'complete' (along with confluence stuff/wolf point, Roosevelt/Michigan and Vista, among potentially a few others as well) and one of historical significance in the history of downtown Chicago's high-rise booms.....

I agree. I love 150 N riverside and River Point is pretty awesome as well but this one might top both of them. It's a very Chicago take on the trend toward more sculptural forms in architecture similar to Aqua I think. Structurally it's a simple efficient modernist Chicago box but like Aqua it plays with the space outside that box to breakup the form in interesting ways.

ardecila Jun 9, 2016 3:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7466019)

Well, yeah... it's easily the biggest piece of empty land in the Loop, and it's a very visible site close to commuter flows.

After this, what are the obvious sites for new office towers? There's General Growth.... maybe one or two River North sites including Wolf Point. Beyond that, developers will have to start looking westward for marquee projects, or maybe even southward or northward. Could the site at Canal/Kinzie conceivably be an office site? Or the Blommer Chocolate parking lot?

Stunnies23 Jun 9, 2016 3:58 AM

The 311 S Wacker Parking lot and the parking lot just south of there on Van Buren.

munchymunch Jun 9, 2016 4:40 AM

Please have this one built, my favorite of the cycle by FAR.

Skyguy_7 Jun 9, 2016 12:46 PM

^It's happening. They're digging up the old footings for the next 1-2 months and then banana time, I'm told. It's currently the same wrecking crew who took down the old Chicago Mercantile Exchange in '02. Go figure.