SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

exit2lef Nov 25, 2020 2:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9115959)

If the Black Death Or plague of Justinian didn’t end live shows and bars the. Covid 19 certainly won’t.

I hope to see Black Death on tour with Plague of Justinian as the opening act as soon a live shows resume.

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9116010)
I don't think any of you should be out picking your nose and being unmasked

I miss public nose-picking. It's just not the same on Zoom.

Seriously, though, I agree with both of you. From what I'm seeing when I walk by bars and restaurants, the desire to return to pre-pandemic activities is great.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Nov 25, 2020 3:56 AM

Yeah, people are going to want to be out more than ever before once the first concerts start rolling out. Reallly the biggest disappointment so far downtown was Punch Bowl Social not opening, other than that we got places opening left and right. I hope so bad to go to a Suns game this year!!!

ChaseM Nov 25, 2020 4:40 AM

In other big news, Downtown Phoenix finally got updated in Google Earth and includes the Link, Block 23, and u/c Kenect among others.

Obadno Nov 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 9116197)
I hope to see Black Death on tour with Plague of Justinian as the opening act as soon a live shows resume.

They do sound like Norwegian Black-Metal groups

Diamonddave Nov 30, 2020 4:24 PM

In a PBJ article awhile ago the mayor was quoted the there would be three projects breaking ground in the last quarter. Does anyone have any information on which projects and when?

Obadno Nov 30, 2020 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamonddave (Post 9120449)
In a PBJ article awhile ago the mayor was quoted the there would be three projects breaking ground in the last quarter. Does anyone have any information on which projects and when?

Central Station, The Warehouse district tower which appears to have broken ground behind the Suns's Arena and maybe Ro2? But that seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment.

ASU Diablo Nov 30, 2020 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obadno (Post 9120457)
Central Station, The Warehouse district tower which appears to have broken ground behind the Suns's Arena and maybe Ro2? But that seems to be in a holding pattern at the moment.

What is the Warehouse District Tower? :???:

Central Station and The Edith for sure. Not sure which project may be the third...unless they are talking about the Home2 Suites Hotel on Jackson. But that broke ground a bit ago...could be Palm Court Tower as well.

KeltonR Nov 30, 2020 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASU Diablo (Post 9120463)
What is the Warehouse District Tower? :???:

Central Station and The Edith for sure. Not sure which project may be the third...unless they are talking about the Home2 Suites Hotel on Jackson. But that broke ground a bit ago...could be Palm Court Tower as well.

The Battery.

CrestedSaguaro Nov 30, 2020 6:02 PM

Obadno is talking about the Home2Suites currently under construction on the SW corner of Jackson and 2nd St.

I don't know which other projects Mayor Gallego is referring to. Central Station is fenced off, but has not broken ground yet and has not had any new permits submitted yet. So I think it's still a good month out from moving dirt. Edith is probably the most likely, but I have not seen any movement on the lot yet. But Edith has lots of permits submitted.

Palm Court also seems imminent with recent announcements and the lot has been getting marked up with paint, flags and some vegetation has been removed along the wall next to APS and property line markers set in place. So I think that could be moving soon.

Other than those, I have no idea what else could potentially break ground by the 1st of the year. But I'm still thinking it will be January though before any of these start.

combusean Nov 30, 2020 6:34 PM

I thought the Warehouse district tower was that facadomy on the SWC of 1st St and Jackson. Mostly hotel.

biggus diggus Nov 30, 2020 7:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeltonR (Post 9120501)
The Battery.

Isn't that one almost done?

CrestedSaguaro Nov 30, 2020 7:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combusean (Post 9120603)
I thought the Warehouse district tower was that facadomy on the SWC of 1st St and Jackson. Mostly hotel.

That would be Thunderbird. It's only proposed. No real movement on it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus diggus (Post 9120665)
Isn't that one almost done?

It's probably about 60% complete from last I looked at it about a week ago. The framing is mostly done, but lots of siding and windows still need to go up.

Diamonddave Nov 30, 2020 7:41 PM

I believe the only movement on Thunderbird Legacy is they summited for a height extension.

gymratmanaz Nov 30, 2020 8:09 PM

What was the extension up to?

Diamonddave Nov 30, 2020 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gymratmanaz (Post 9120743)
What was the extension up to?

That would be 280 feet.

TJPHXskyscraperfan Dec 1, 2020 3:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeltonR (Post 9120501)
The Battery.

The Battery has been under contraction for a while, it’s actually almost done

CrestedSaguaro Dec 1, 2020 3:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan (Post 9121227)
The Battery has been under contraction for a while, it’s actually almost done

It's mostly the framing that's done (and garage). It has very little facade up yet. I checked out out today when I went to check out a crane I saw sticking up behind the Suns arena which turned out to be hoisting about 50' long i-beams over the arena. Have no idea what these are going to be used for though.

Also went by the some other multi-family developments. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get many pics. O'Neil is still on the 2nd level, the Fillmore is topped on one half and filling in nicely (taking up a huge chunk of real estate). Portland/3rd looks to be almost topped and Portrait phase 2 is almost topped. Also on up the street, Crescent Novel is nearly completed. I did manage to snap a pic of it. looks pretty good. Has kind of a mid-century look to it.

Edit: Posted some update photos in the low-rise thread.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 1, 2020 11:49 PM

Two less cranes in the skyline. ASU is coming down today and the Hyatt Place crane has already been snuck down sometime last week apparently.

combusean Dec 2, 2020 12:10 AM

I don't get why these simpler, more elegant designs like Novell aren't done more. These articulated stucco slabs in garish colors and designs are going to look incredibly dated, some already are.

CrestedSaguaro Dec 2, 2020 1:39 AM

Some movement on McKinley Green and the Edith in the permitting process today and yesterday. Quite a few infrastructure permits submitted for Edith and a couple for McKinley Green. None are showing as issued yet probably due to fees needing to be paid. But good to see something still going on with these.

No other permits found on others yet including Central Station. I find that a little odd since the lot has already been fenced up and construction is imminent. Surely, they would be pulling some permits by now?