SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manitoba & Saskatchewan (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Regina | Pubs and Restaurants (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212747)

yveseluj Jun 16, 2022 1:36 AM

This place opened up in the strip mall on south Albert beside Dandy’s. There was a huge line up this evening. There’s also a new sit down place called Rock Tavern + Eatery in that same strip mall (it’s the best strip mall in the city and it isn’t close).

Nathan Jun 16, 2022 3:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 9651139)
This place opened up in the strip mall on south Albert beside Dandy’s. There was a huge line up this evening. There’s also a new sit down place called The Tavern in that same strip mall (it’s the best strip mall in the city and it isn’t close).

I've scoped out Dandy's a few times (online) and the flavours have seemed interesting, but I've been waiting until one really jumped out to motivate me to making the trip. Your post reminded me to check again... Saskatoon Berry Cheesecake is currently a seasonal flavour; I think it's time to hit it up. Thanks!

Festivus Jun 16, 2022 1:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 9651212)
I've scoped out Dandy's a few times (online) and the flavours have seemed interesting, but I've been waiting until one really jumped out to motivate me to making the trip. Your post reminded me to check again... Saskatoon Berry Cheesecake is currently a seasonal flavour; I think it's time to hit it up. Thanks!

Dandy's is fantastic, one of Regina's best local businesses. I'd highly recommend getting your ice cream in one of their waffle cones—everything they sell is made in-house. imo their best flavours are Blueberry Pie Crumb and London Fog. You can also order a flight of ice cream in order to have multiple flavours. I think they'll also let you sample a small spoonful before ordering.

Stormer Jun 16, 2022 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 9651139)
This place opened up in the strip mall on south Albert beside Dandy’s. There was a huge line up this evening. There’s also a new sit down place called The Tavern in that same strip mall (it’s the best strip mall in the city and it isn’t close).

My life is complete. Squid Ink Cheese Corn Dog!

https://chungchunricedog.ca/wp-conte...dk7q29om70.png

yveseluj Jun 16, 2022 3:42 PM

I misspoke in my original post & edited it; the new sit-down place in that strip mall is called Rock Tavern + Eatery.

djforsberg Jun 16, 2022 8:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yveseluj (Post 9651557)
I misspoke in my original post & edited it; the new sit-down place in that strip mall is called Rock Tavern + Eatery.

If you are talking about the one on South Albert, I already mentioned that one months ago :cheers:

yveseluj Jun 20, 2022 4:09 PM

I am! But I'm not hip and with it so I missed the post.:banaride:

StealthGirl Jul 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Kraut Haven in Vic Sq Morgue is closing as of July 30, 2022. Announced this morning on social media.

Stormer Oct 21, 2022 4:40 PM

The Bone and Broth Kitchen has opened at 1833 Scarth downtown in the former Gilmour's. Food looks really good including in-house baking.

Coldrsx Nov 9, 2022 4:36 AM

Alright, alright, alright all.

A couple of us are headed there for Grey Cup and while my buddy is originally from there, I'd like to know where to hit up.

-staple pubs
-gastros
-local gems
-great happy hours
-best pickled eggs
-best wood

We will be there Friday till Monday of Grey Cup weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

djforsberg Nov 9, 2022 7:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 9785728)
Alright, alright, alright all.

A couple of us are headed there for Grey Cup and while my buddy is originally from there, I'd like to know where to hit up.

-staple pubs
-gastros
-local gems
-great happy hours
-best pickled eggs
-best wood

We will be there Friday till Monday of Grey Cup weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

For great local microbreweries: Pile O Bones and Rebellion
For local pubs with great food (and beer): Bushwakker (they also have their own beer), Leopold's Tavern, and Victoria's

These are all generally located in the downtown area too. Hope you have a good time while you're here!

Coldrsx Nov 10, 2022 2:10 AM

Thanks DJF.

Anyone else with a few tips and tricks on where to go?

one_brick_at_a_time Nov 10, 2022 5:47 AM

My Top 3:
Avenue
Dojo Ramen
Homestead

Newstart Nov 10, 2022 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time (Post 9786839)
My Top 3:
Avenue
Dojo Ramen
Homestead

I concur on this one!

Vics, Leos, and Cathederal on the pub side of things!

Coldrsx Nov 11, 2022 5:33 PM

Thanks all!

Added to our list.

Cheers.

spictacular mcluvin Nov 17, 2022 5:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldrsx (Post 9788074)
Thanks all!

Added to our list.

Cheers.

FYI there is 2 Victoria's Tavern but the older one in historic building (and nicer one IMHO) is the one downtown on Hamilton just off Victoria Ave.

P.S. I used to live in Edmonton for a few years about 10 years ago so I have seen all your great pic posts on the Edmonton forum pages also. Hope you and your friends have a blast here despite the crappy prairie weather.

trueviking Nov 19, 2022 5:07 PM

……………

Coldrsx Nov 22, 2022 8:09 PM

Thanks again for the suggestions all; it ended up being a busy weekend.

Victoria was great for brunch/Sat aft drinks - packed and good food.

O'Hanlon's became our go-to. Neat live music stage in the back, decent pub food.

Tried going to a couple of spots that were temp. closed or opened a bit later than we got there haha.

The Brandt spirit/team parties were very fun and so we ended up there more than we had expected.

Ordered Trifon's (which was very good).

Overall a fun time and wish we had one more night to explore more... next time.

yveseluj Nov 29, 2022 3:17 PM

Lancaster's in Harbour Landing is shutting down at the end of this week, but is keeping their downtown location.

Luisito Nov 29, 2022 3:21 PM

Question for the folks in Regina. Is there anywhere in your city i can find "pupusas"? Its salvadorean food. I found a few places here in MB, including one place in small town Brandon MB that has them. Was curious if you can get them in Regina?