SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=643)
-   -   Phoenix Development News (3) (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

RichTempe Dec 3, 2012 7:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poconoboy61 (Post 5923024)
They do. Most of the In-N-Outs in Tucson are a decent distance from the freeway. Also, there's already a location at Tatum and Cactus which is a fair distance from any freeway.

The one at Cactus & Tatum is 1.5 miles from the 51 Freeway. That's the maximun distance from a freeway of any location in Phoenix.

The one at Broadway & Kolb in Tucson is the exception. It's about 7 miles from the nearest freeway. Of course Tucson doesn't have the amount of freeways that Phoenix does.

Vicelord John Dec 3, 2012 7:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtnphx (Post 5922742)
In-N-Out is going where the Circle K is. The NE corner where the Arcadia Car Wash (or just east of that) is going to be Chick-fil-A. Two more places for people to get processed food they think is just great! Now let's all pray for a Carrabbas!!

The crap people eat on a regular basis is astounding. It really grossed me out to even think about the standard person's diet, and I think I'm being really cruel to my body when I eat stuff that most would consider "healthy".

PHX31 Dec 3, 2012 3:43 PM

/\True. Has anyone seen that new Carl's Jr. commercial for the BBQ burger they have? It's huge with onion straws and gunk dripping off of it... and if you buy the large fries and drink combo, you get a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich with it! It's gotta be 5,000 calories.

Vicelord John Dec 3, 2012 4:58 PM

Which is about my daily calorie intake, but it sure as sit isn't *that* type of food.

Crispy Dec 3, 2012 5:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5920450)
I went by there yesterday and the Circle K was open for business. The apartments behind it have been slated for demo for some time now so if the circle k is going along with it, this will be one large project going in there. I just figured the apartments were being replaced.

Also in the same neighborhood, there is some very speedy desctructo/constructo going on at 36th and Campbell, and I'm assuming it will be apartments as well.

You are correct...36th & Campbell is going to be apartments.

exit2lef Dec 3, 2012 5:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy (Post 5923411)
You are correct...36th & Campbell is going to be apartments.

Which corner? The northwest corner of that intersection already has what I consider one of the most attractive apartment buildings in Phoenix, the Cascades.

Crispy Dec 3, 2012 7:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit2lef (Post 5923427)
Which corner? The northwest corner of that intersection already has what I consider one of the most attractive apartment buildings in Phoenix, the Cascades.

SE corner. Old crusty apartments and office have already been bladed.

savphili Dec 3, 2012 9:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy (Post 5923600)
SE corner. Old crusty apartments and office have already been bladed.

Do you have a link to the developers website or maybe a rendering. I'm very interested in this project. I used to work at a Design +Build firm on the NE corner right across from that project.

Crispy Dec 3, 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savphili (Post 5923734)
Do you have a link to the developers website or maybe a rendering. I'm very interested in this project. I used to work at a Design +Build firm on the NE corner right across from that project.

This is all I could find

http://azbex.com/smithfield-opens-az...ct-in-phoenix/

savphili Dec 4, 2012 4:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy (Post 5923808)

Perfect! That's all I was looking for. :) seems like a pretty cool project. I really love that neighborhood.

AP11 Dec 4, 2012 10:35 PM

Hey Guys
come to the site often although i don't post regularly. We are in the Hotel business and came across this today. 50 year tax relief....wow. Pretty awesome.

::
ADJACENT TO THE SPORTS ARENA, BALLPARK AND CONVENTION CENTER
NW CORNER OF 3RD & JEFFERSON STREET
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85004
For more information please contact:

Jerry Hawkins
T 602.735.1734
Jerry.Hawkins@cbre.com

Kimbra Armstrong
T 602.735.1734
Kimi.Armstrong@cbre.com

Bob Kaplan
T 949.725.8580
Bob.Kaplan@cbre.com
Lic. 00776019

Rod Apodaca
T 949.725.8540
Rod.Apodaca@cbre.com
Lic. 01254293

Robert Taylor
T 305.381.6447
Robert.Taylor@cbre.com

CBRE Hotels has been retained as the exclusive advisor with respect to the sale, lease or joint venture of an A++ hotel development site located at the northwest corner of 3rd & Jefferson Streets in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. The site is entitled for up to 700 hotel rooms to be built on a platform over an existing subterranean parking structure. The hotel is also entitled to significant, in-place 50 year property tax abatement. CBRE Hotels in conjunction with the property ownership, Barron Collier Companies, is seeking proposals for the development of a hotel on the site. Highlights of the offering include:

Prime downtown location adjacent to the sports arena, ballpark and convention center
Entitled for 700 rooms
Purchase, lease or joint venture
In place leasehold establishes significant 50 year property tax abatement
Parking and infrastructure built and in place
$0 lease payments
$10.00 option to purchase leasehold anytime during 50 year term
The parcel is located within the existing Collier Center at the northwest corner of 3rd and Jefferson Streets in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Collier Center opened in 2000 and consists of a 512,000 square foot office tower; 80,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space and 1,500 underground parking spaces. It is anchored by the western regional office of Bank of America and includes a number of other financial, legal and consulting tenants as well.

For more information please review the Confidentiality Agreement or visit our website
https://www.cbremarketplace.com/bcphoenix/

HX_Guy Dec 4, 2012 10:49 PM

Hopefully they can get someone to partner up and make this happen, would be a nice addition, even if the proposed design isn't anything great.

https://www.cbremarketplace.com/list...%20Graphic.jpg

https://www.cbremarketplace.com/list...20Overview.jpg

https://www.cbremarketplace.com/list...s/Exterier.jpg

https://www.cbremarketplace.com/list...ges/Atrium.jpg

dtnphx Dec 4, 2012 10:59 PM

Finally, the notoriously slooooooowwww Barron Collier's Co. gives it a a go. Better late than never...

Vicelord John Dec 4, 2012 11:56 PM

wait.

wut?

how likely is this to happen?

HX_Guy Dec 5, 2012 12:04 AM

Well, it looks like they are putting it out there "for sale", now someone has to "buy" it. It's like putting something for sale on Craigslist, how likely is that to sell? ;)

The 50 year property tax abatement is a nice perk, as is the fact that parking is already built.

Hopefully someone jumps on it.

HooverDam Dec 5, 2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicelord John (Post 5925339)
wait.

wut?

how likely is this to happen?

I got the impression from a high level staffer in the Mayors office recently that they feel this is likely. Now whether that person knows what they're talking about or not, what they're basing that feeling on, etc. I don't know.

Vicelord John Dec 5, 2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HX_Guy (Post 5925351)
It's like putting something for sale on Craigslist, how likely is that to sell? ;)

given my recent ads on cl, not very likely. :(

doppelbanger Dec 5, 2012 5:43 AM

I love this new hotel proposal. I work on the outskirts of downtown and walk down Jefferson or Washington every day on my way to lunch. It is such an ugly, dull walk along Jefferson until you get to 2nd or 1st street but this would help at least with some extra shade. I didn't even know that there were ever any intentions of putting another tower in this space. Any details about number of stories or proposed height?

plinko Dec 5, 2012 5:50 AM

^This seems to basically be the following: Collier got tired of whoever they've recently had marketing that pad and hired CBRE. CBRE got excited (and maybe even hired an architect) and had some renderings drawn up (even using Shanghai in the bar rendering). CBRE will attempt to market the pad to whomever they can find (using the tax abatement as a lure) and hopefully get the deal done.

I could be wrong about this, but that's what it sounds like.

Arquitect Dec 6, 2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savphili (Post 5923734)

The developer is Avalon Partners out of Chicago. They are using an architecture firm from Chicago for the design. It is actualy going to be pretty cool. It is 5 4 story buildings linked by an open catwalk. It should fit in very nicely in Arcadia. And I really like their choice of materials. It will like nice and contemporary.