SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 562' & 403' FT | 52 & 37 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239946)

the urban politician Aug 8, 2019 8:32 PM

CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 562' & 403' FT | 52 & 37 FLOORS
 
New tower about to begin construction at LSE


https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/9AOS...23138137_o.jpg

Chisouthside Aug 8, 2019 8:54 PM

this will be nice

BonoboZill4 Aug 8, 2019 9:44 PM

I'm very excited for this one and what it'll mean to the continuity of LSE's grid and connection to the lakefront

harryc Aug 8, 2019 10:23 PM

Aug 6

Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Old piles
Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Tear down this wall
Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

CASE
Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

bnk Aug 9, 2019 3:40 AM

If both of these go up at the same time they fast enough they will make it in this cycle.

That's a hell of a lot of condos and retails going up in the same place fast.



Stretterville will be getting housing as almost as fast as office and hotels as the fulton market if these both top out.

BonoboZill4 Aug 9, 2019 4:14 AM

Awesome update Harry! They really got to work fast on this one :)

ChiPlanner Aug 13, 2019 7:12 PM

8/13/2019
 
https://i.ibb.co/4NTRVyj/IMG-7960.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/4ZDyyf6/IMG-7961.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/MsDFRdz/IMG-7962.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/5RC2fYq/IMG-7963.jpg

Steely Dan Aug 13, 2019 7:16 PM

anyone out there seen bid docs that have dimensioned elevations for these towers?

they're about to start drilling, someone out there has had to have seen something.

Chi-Sky21 Aug 13, 2019 7:46 PM

those models make it look like we are getting 2 more Bic lighters!

Tom In Chicago Aug 14, 2019 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8657243)
anyone out there seen bid docs that have dimensioned elevations for these towers?

they're about to start drilling, someone out there has had to have seen something.

The only building permits I've seen are for the foundation work and structure up until the 3rd floor (I assume they're referring to whatever comes up to Harbor Drive). . . surely bid docs will follow at some point in the near future when they're ready to commit to final build-out. . .

---

***DIRECT DEVELOPER SERVICES*** FOUNDATION AND SUPERSTRUCTURE THROUGH LOWER LEVEL THREE (3) FOR A PROPOSED 47 STORY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING WITH 363 DWELLING UNITS, 240 PARKING SPACES AND ONE COMMERCIAL SPACE; ALL AS PER PLANS

. . .

chrisvfr800i Aug 14, 2019 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8657243)
anyone out there seen bid docs that have dimensioned elevations for these towers?

they're about to start drilling, someone out there has had to have seen something.


Building J is -47'-0" to +512'-0" (LL04 to PH Roof)
Building K/L is -47'-0" to 404'7" (LL04 to PH Roof)

Steely Dan Aug 14, 2019 4:45 PM

^ muchas gracias!

BonoboZill4 Aug 14, 2019 5:03 PM

And then only 3 untouched lots remained in the entire New East Side... Amazing.

Site O, Site I, and the apartment tower behind the Illinois Center all already have plans too. What a stunning success of a megadevelopment

the urban politician Aug 14, 2019 5:15 PM

So another 500+ footer is about to start. Awesome!

SamInTheLoop Aug 14, 2019 6:23 PM

I also hope that this further push of residential is finally enough to get movement on the public school in the coming few years.

While the novelty of having a $30K+ Gulf-based trophy kid daycare (who mysteriously seems to have had difficulty paying its construction bills (we've seen the accounts here of contractor work stoppage)....which reminds me, I'm somewhat curious about their finances) is just wonderful and all, for some reason it doesn't quite strike me as a substitute....

Baronvonellis Aug 14, 2019 6:28 PM

I wish they would of done a supertall at the corner. It seems strange that they put the supertall in between a couple other buildings along the river. But the best corner site, with river views, lake views, city views isn't as tall.

harryc Aug 14, 2019 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baronvonellis (Post 8658340)
I wish they would of done a supertall at the corner. It seems strange that they put the supertall in between a couple other buildings along the river. But the best corner site, with river views, lake views, city views isn't as tall.

The corner building is the next phase - there is still a chance.

Baronvonellis Aug 14, 2019 7:37 PM

Oh really? From the pictures it looks like they are using the corner lot for these 2 buildings?

harryc Aug 14, 2019 7:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baronvonellis (Post 8658441)
Oh really? From the pictures it looks like they are using the corner lot for these 2 buildings?

The corner lot is in the back of ChiPlan's and my photos, where the construction trailers are parked, and the cages are being built.

Steely Dan Aug 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baronvonellis (Post 8658441)
Oh really? From the pictures it looks like they are using the corner lot for these 2 buildings?

no, the very NE corner lot is being reserved for this bad boy: CHICAGO | Site I (LSE) | 950 FT | 85 FLOORS

Steely Dan Aug 15, 2019 4:16 PM

general economy chatter moved to the general discussion thread: https://forum.skyscraperpage.com/sho...d.php?t=208431

rivernorthlurker Aug 17, 2019 8:47 PM

Cirrus Listings
 
Whelp, that was fast.

https://i.imgur.com/myy9hV9h.png

Yes I read Zerohedge, don't judge me.

rivernorthlurker Aug 17, 2019 9:17 PM

Cirrus Condos
 
Via https://cirruscondos.com/

https://i.imgur.com/qy05zWdh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DyWIwxjh.png

https://i.imgur.com/6CIvROCh.png

https://i.imgur.com/EKjIOeSh.png

https://i.imgur.com/T2NjTrah.png

https://i.imgur.com/Byg5kWmh.png

https://i.imgur.com/35kGduNh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yaESKNjh.png

https://i.imgur.com/iHfipwCh.png

https://i.imgur.com/tZTNVa4h.png

https://i.imgur.com/vEdenK1h.png

https://i.imgur.com/KOy7j8ch.png

cozy Aug 18, 2019 3:51 PM

^ "A natural staircase leads directly to Chicago's lakefront & riverwalk"

What? Lol. Weird to call a staircase natural, and that staircase is on the other side of lakeshore east.. Why not put renderings of the ... nevermind. You guys know what I mean. Funny stuff

HomrQT Aug 18, 2019 6:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozy (Post 8661824)
^ "A natural staircase leads directly to Chicago's lakefront & riverwalk"

What? Lol. Weird to call a staircase natural, and that staircase is on the other side of lakeshore east.. Why not put renderings of the ... nevermind. You guys know what I mean. Funny stuff

Right? Wouldn't a "natural staircase" be like stacked rocks or something?

SamInTheLoop Aug 19, 2019 7:34 PM

Curious if Magellan/LendLease are advertising this on 8chan and Sputnik as well?

I like the interiors generally. Looks good.

Just wish Magellan didn't hold this seemingly intractable belief that a residential high-rise needs balconies to move units in Chicago. It's just not a thing.

Also, that sub-9' ceilings don't hinder the movement of units........I puzzle over that one re Magellan as well....

the urban politician Aug 19, 2019 9:31 PM

Quick question:

Why is construction about to start so quickly on a condo tower? Don't they usually need a certain amount of presales before financing?

SamInTheLoop Aug 20, 2019 12:47 AM

^ I was just going to comment on that very thing.

It is unusual. It could be that LendLease is simply not doing the formulaic Chicago condo tower financing here. Internally financed? Seeking appreciably lower LTV? Foreign debt source? Vista did their own thing as well - they launched with presumably no or very little in the way of pre-sales (relative to typical Chicago deals).

LendLease is also a global development behemoth.
Development pipeline of AUD$71 bil as of end-2018.
Not your typical outfit that's putting up a Chicago condo tower, to say the least.

BonoboZill4 Aug 20, 2019 1:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 8663195)
^ I was just going to comment on that very thing.

It is unusual. It could be that LendLease is simply not doing the formulaic Chicago condo tower financing here. Internally financed? Seeking appreciably lower LTV? Foreign debt source? Vista did their own thing as well - they launched with presumably no or very little in the way of pre-sales (relative to typical Chicago deals).

LendLease is also a global development behemoth.
Development pipeline of AUD$71 bil as of end-2018.
Not your typical outfit that's putting up a Chicago condo tower, to say the least.

Perhaps they leveraged the rest of LSE's success and got their financing off that sort of argument with a bank? I could see the argument of it being a money machine with the location and history... if that's something that is even possible to argue that is lol. Otherwise it's probably like you said, internally financed.

Freefall Aug 20, 2019 2:49 AM

What will finish first, these buildings or the Navy Pier flyover?

maru2501 Aug 20, 2019 11:49 AM

wow.. it will have the views

aaron38 Aug 21, 2019 4:18 AM

On financing, let's be honest. The only thing that will drop land values at that spot in Chicago is turmoil to the point that banks get bailed out or it doesn't matter.
So let it ride.

Tom In Chicago Aug 21, 2019 6:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 8662987)
Quick question:

Why is construction about to start so quickly on a condo tower? Don't they usually need a certain amount of presales before financing?

They only have permits to work on the foundation up to the 3rd floor - or what I assume is upper Harbor Drive - the common components of both buildings. . .

They could continue to build the Cascade building while pre-leasing continues at Cirrus. . . I'd be surprised if they built both towers at the same time, but it's not impossible. . .

How or when they're financing it is a question I can't answer. . .

. . .

BonoboZill4 Aug 21, 2019 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago (Post 8665158)
They only have permits to work on the foundation up to the 3rd floor - or what I assume is upper Harbor Drive - the common components of both buildings. . .

They could continue to build the Cascade building while pre-leasing continues at Cirrus. . . I'd be surprised if they built both towers at the same time, but it's not impossible. . .

How or when they're financing it is a question I can't answer. . .

. . .

Unless my memory is totally failing me, they've been stating they'd build both simultaneously for a while now. I see no reason to not expect both to be built. It's not like we don't see the initial permit of foundation to third floor happen all the time on other buildings that don't have a second tower anyway. No reason that it should indicate them not building both at the same time to me

LouisVanDerWright Aug 21, 2019 6:16 PM

Given their string of highly successful rental projects (Gino's, wpw, coast, etc) it's probable that Magaellan has enough cash to do whatever the fuck they want here. They probably have nine figures in cash at any given time just marinating in a bank account. They can put up 100% of the costs of this tower, the bank is probably financing both buildings off their rental resume and cash pile as a line of credit.

Tom In Chicago Aug 21, 2019 6:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8665164)
Unless my memory is totally failing me, they've been stating they'd build both simultaneously for a while now. I see no reason to not expect both to be built. It's not like we don't see the initial permit of foundation to third floor happen all the time on other buildings that don't have a second tower anyway. No reason that it should indicate them not building both at the same time to me

I'm not suggesting that they're /not/ going to build the buildings. . . I'm suggesting that they have yet to file permits to do so. . . I'm sure they'll find the money, but I could see a very realistic scenario where they build Cascade before Cirrus. . .

. . .

SamInTheLoop Aug 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8665179)
Given their string of highly successful rental projects (Gino's, wpw, coast, etc) it's probable that Magaellan has enough cash to do whatever the fuck they want here. They probably have nine figures in cash at any given time just marinating in a bank account. They can put up 100% of the costs of this tower, the bank is probably financing both buildings off their rental resume and cash pile as a line of credit.

LendLease is in all probability the real equity money here.

LouisVanDerWright Aug 22, 2019 3:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 8665545)
LendLease is in all probability the real equity money here.

Ok so with lend lease involved they have probably ten figures liquid. Point being the banks don't give a shit because they are probably funding like 40% of the project...

SamInTheLoop Aug 22, 2019 3:44 AM

^ It's still a legitimate question on financing.
Banks generally give a shit.

There aren't too many Corus's (remember them?) left out there.

A bank that's making lots of news when it comes to condo/apartment/large scale construction financing in general, and with respect to their exposure and practices is OZK. They probably warrant enhanced scrutiny.

LouisVanDerWright Aug 22, 2019 8:33 PM

U/C

Case on site and in the ground...

the urban politician Aug 22, 2019 8:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8666653)
U/C

Case on site and in the ground...

:cheers::tup:

BonoboZill4 Aug 22, 2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 8666653)
U/C

Case on site and in the ground...

Just went there and took a boatload of pictures... It's cool, but side note: They are building something on the site of that small L shaped lot that was supposed to have a public school long ago. Anyone know what? I'll post photos tomorrow once I have everything resized and updated from my haul today :tup:

the urban politician Aug 23, 2019 12:51 AM

^ Sales center?

r18tdi Aug 23, 2019 1:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the urban politician (Post 8666868)
^ Sales center?

The sales center already exists. It's in Aqua.

BonoboZill4 Aug 23, 2019 3:43 AM

Here's the big update, friends:

https://i.imgur.com/JWj4y1e.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/0KJMyCe.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/LYqn1F1.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/WZmTavd.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/lMLxFO8.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/TxKWzaj.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/9liqP24.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/K8LeLFv.jpg?1

Deep down they go!

https://i.imgur.com/J3iytcu.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/RZsvvBu.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/9jKvIWv.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/8rhMrYH.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/GlKj49G.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/aanBADx.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/rlfXhcD.jpg?1

Here's some foundation stuff:

https://i.imgur.com/DGl9u6i.jpg?1

Set sail! Next port, caissonville

https://i.imgur.com/hZqEZnT.jpg?1

trvlr70 Aug 23, 2019 12:58 PM

I'm totally intrigued by what's possibly going in on the small corner site.

ChiPlanner Aug 23, 2019 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trvlr70 (Post 8667118)
I'm totally intrigued by what's possibly going in on the small corner site.

Sales Center
Permit issued: 7/22/2019
Address: 408 E South Water St
NEW CONSTRUCTION OF A TRIPLE-WIDE TRAILER FOR USE AS A 3-YEAR TEMPORARY SALES CENTER FOR LENDLEASE AS PER PLANS.

rivernorthlurker Aug 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8666972)
Here's the big update, friends:

Great update :)

So how many sites is CASE on now? One Chicago, 353 W Grand, Cirrus/Cascade to start. Making swiss cheese out of the Chicago landscape.

maru2501 Aug 23, 2019 2:41 PM

:dancing::dancing:

Chi-Sky21 Aug 23, 2019 2:48 PM

at this point would it be premature banaculation?


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.