SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 562' & 403' FT | 52 & 37 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239946)

Zapatan Mar 11, 2021 2:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnie (Post 9214409)
Hudson Yards was a remarkable idea that turned out very unremarkable results!:tup:

To be fair it's not done yet.

Toasty Joe Mar 21, 2021 2:39 PM

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram...d0&oe=607F32D9

Source

jc5680 Apr 4, 2021 2:30 PM

harryc Apr 18, 2021 2:57 PM

April 15

Spider Crane - the beginning of the transformers age.
Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

One man and a wheelbarrow - 21st century version

actually quite an active site

the urban politician Apr 19, 2021 1:43 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/1tCPtfxG/D185-F...-FBAF61395.jpg

Love how it fills in this angle

colemonkee Apr 19, 2021 6:05 PM

^ Was there ever anything planned to go in to that corner at the street level, like townhomes? Or is that just open space against the concrete wall?

Zapatan Apr 19, 2021 6:17 PM

Anyone think it's weird that the taller tower is the one adjacent to the water? You'd think the smaller one would be to not be totally blocked view-wise.

Turned out great otherwise.

ardecila Apr 19, 2021 6:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colemonkee (Post 9253823)
^ Was there ever anything planned to go in to that corner at the street level, like townhomes? Or is that just open space against the concrete wall?

There is a vague plan to put a public school there, but CPS needs to pay for it.

In the meantime Magellan recruited GEMS to open a private school in the neighborhood, but this does not absolve them of the requirement for a public school as well.

the urban politician Apr 19, 2021 7:52 PM

^ I sort of wonder if, eventually, some very expensive townhomes will get built there

ardecila Apr 19, 2021 10:19 PM

My guess is Magellan will complete the last phases of LSE (Sites I and O) and will donate the parcel to CPS so they can close out their obligations.

CPS will continue to be broke and will not want to spend the limited funds they do have on building a new school for rich highrise-dwelling kids, so they will eventually sell it back to a developer and net a handsome profit. Eventually, townhomes but with several extra steps.

If Rahm was still mayor he would probably find funds to build that school out of some TIF pot somewhere. Lightfoot doesn't really seem interested in building much of anything in terms of public works or infrastructure, and she doesn't connect the dots of "building a new school" with "attracting and retaining middle-income families downtown".

r18tdi Apr 19, 2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 9253849)
In the meantime Magellan recruited GEMS to open a private school in the neighborhood, but this does not absolve them of the requirement for a public school as well.

What's going on with GEMS II. Still stalled?

Tom In Chicago Apr 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardecila (Post 9253849)
There is a vague plan to put a public school there, but CPS needs to pay for it.

I'm not aware of any plans/rumors that the public school was supposed to go into that unused corner where the Cirrus sales center resides between the Shoreham and Lancaster buildings, but rather the only place I've ever seen it was as a placeholder in the north/east corner of the park itself. . .

. . .

harryc Apr 21, 2021 12:16 AM

Choke much ? this should be amusing after the fireworks.

More photos Urbanize Chicago

BuildThemTaller Apr 21, 2021 1:09 PM

Delete

jc5680 May 1, 2021 2:11 PM

left of center May 1, 2021 7:21 PM

Short, stubby generic filler. At least we get another 500 footer out of this I suppose.

Great shot jc!

chicubs111 May 1, 2021 7:33 PM

Chicago has a knack at making certain 500ft plus buldings look short and stubby... just like lakepoint tower is shortest looking 70 story building you will see

LouisVanDerWright May 2, 2021 5:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicubs111 (Post 9266866)
Chicago has a knack at making certain 500ft plus buldings look short and stubby... just like lakepoint tower is shortest looking 70 story building you will see

That's because it's literally the shortest 70 floor building on earth. Chicago actually holds the record for shortest X floor building in several size ranges.

left of center May 2, 2021 5:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 9267194)
That's because it's literally the shortest 70 floor building on earth. Chicago actually holds the record for shortest X floor building in several size ranges.

Really? That's hilariously unfortunate. I wish the opposite were true :haha::yuck:

Chi-Sky21 May 3, 2021 1:01 PM

Well, when they finally start building some towers in the Shire those will take our inglorious titles away.