SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 562' & 403' FT | 52 & 37 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239946)

dropdeaded209 Jul 22, 2020 8:29 AM

what's planned for that lot closest to the river?

Donnie77 Jul 22, 2020 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dropdeaded209 (Post 8988585)
what's planned for that lot closest to the river?

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=229046

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Tom In Chicago Jul 22, 2020 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivi237 (Post 8987512)

As of last night they had most of the Harbor Drive side on that completed with the window wall facade system. . . would have taken a photo but it was already dark out. . . will swing by later today. . .

. . .

Chi-Sky21 Jul 22, 2020 4:28 PM

Why are they glassing in the sides facing the I site? Isn't the last tall building being built there going to connect at the same level or is there a gap between them and that glassed in area with be units or amenities? I have looked around and i can't find a pic of how the base of the tall site I building interacts with the others.

chicubs111 Jul 22, 2020 5:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 (Post 8988932)
Why are they glassing in the sides facing the I site? Isn't the last tall building being built there going to connect at the same level or is there a gap between them and that glassed in area with be units or amenities? I have looked around and i can't find a pic of how the base of the tall site I building interacts with the others.

I believe that is currently used as a showroom for cirrus and cascade...one site I starts construction im assuming it will be removed.

jc5680 Jul 23, 2020 2:31 AM

The sales center is down on Water st next to the Shoreham

When this came up before someone said they were told it would be used as temporary construction offices. There is a trailer or two out on Site I, so not sure if that is still the case.

Either way, the glass is still a curious choice. It is most certainly temporary, and definitely more costly than just blocking up the openings. Maybe it was just faster? Maybe they are anticipating it will be a while before I starts and wanted a more finished solution for an area residents will use?

Tom In Chicago Jul 25, 2020 3:24 PM

These are from Thursday evening. . .

https://pbase.com/temper/image/170902957.jpg


https://pbase.com/temper/image/170902958.jpg


https://pbase.com/temper/image/170902959.jpg


https://pbase.com/temper/image/170902960.jpg


https://pbase.com/temper/image/170902961.jpg


. . .

sentinel Jul 25, 2020 3:31 PM

^^Oh shit, I love colored panes!! Damn, I didn't know that was part of the design - love that there will be some variation on the exterior glass

southoftheloop Jul 25, 2020 3:42 PM

The glass looks slick

CrazyCres Jul 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Thats some high-quality shit right there

KWillChicago Jul 25, 2020 9:20 PM

Finally got Optima 3. Lol. More of this please.

jc5680 Aug 1, 2020 3:53 PM


SIGSEGV Aug 2, 2020 3:56 AM

From today (with some bonus vista)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

chris08876 Aug 4, 2020 4:20 AM

https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/busin...404026fc5.jpeg
Credit: Brienza apresenta Chicago

harryc Aug 5, 2020 7:29 PM

July 23














Hudson11 Aug 5, 2020 9:08 PM

that cladding looks very interesting.

maru2501 Aug 6, 2020 4:11 PM

dope

Zapatan Aug 6, 2020 5:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson11 (Post 9002147)
that cladding looks very interesting.

I love it, if the supertall on the edge of the site (Parcel I) ever gets built I assume the cladding would be the exact same?

I'd love to see ~300 meters of that :yes:

r18tdi Aug 6, 2020 7:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapatan (Post 9002967)
I love it, if the supertall on the edge of the site (Parcel I) ever gets built I assume the cladding would be the exact same?

Well if you look at the renderings (which can obviously change), the facade of the Parcel I tower looks somewhat similar... although the vertical metal bands appear more narrow and silver-ish in color. :shrug:

upupaway007 Aug 6, 2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r18tdi (Post 9003163)
Well if you look at the renderings (which can obviously change), the facade of the Parcel I tower looks somewhat similar... although the vertical metal bands appear more narrow and silver-ish in color. :shrug:

Lovely renderings, however must call into question given that vista is presented without the blow through floor:rolleyes:


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.