SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | Cirrus & Cascade (LSE) | 562' & 403' FT | 52 & 37 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239946)

SolarWind Dec 4, 2019 4:32 AM

December 3, 2019








Donnie77 Dec 4, 2019 6:41 AM

looks like Navy Pier is finally getting its glass!

harryc Dec 6, 2019 4:00 AM

Dec 4

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

SolarWind Dec 9, 2019 4:19 AM

December 3, 2019





December 7, 2019


KWillChicago Dec 9, 2019 12:57 PM

Such a much needed gap filler from that last view. I just hope site I doesnt get a height chop.

cozy Dec 10, 2019 3:40 PM

A couple sick photos from @suicide.shots

https://i.imgur.com/nHpuf1dh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NBKNbWBh.jpg

harryc Dec 15, 2019 2:51 AM

Dec 11

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Climbing form
Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Under construction
Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Post Tension
Chicago | Cirrus and Cascade by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

SolarWind Dec 23, 2019 3:15 AM

December 17, 2019














Blahshead Dec 24, 2019 3:46 AM

Honest question -- why is it these towers seem to be rising so much faster than One Chicago, which started earlier?

maru2501 Dec 24, 2019 4:10 AM

they are smaller

KWillChicago Dec 24, 2019 4:37 AM

Thats going to be such a massive mat pour when the two are connected.

Bombardier Dec 24, 2019 3:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blahshead (Post 8783733)
Honest question -- why is it these towers seem to be rising so much faster than One Chicago, which started earlier?

At one Chicago, the contractor installed a secant wall around the entire city block and excavated the entire site 15'-20' below grade. They also dug cores down 50' below grade with complex cofferdams before starting to come up. The underground construction of One Chicago is orders of magnitude more complex.

cozy Dec 24, 2019 6:13 PM

exciting to see it already rising

harryc Dec 24, 2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blahshead (Post 8783733)
Honest question -- why is it these towers seem to be rising so much faster than One Chicago, which started earlier?

One Chicago needs to go down before it goes up, this one starts at grade.

harryc Dec 24, 2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8783767)
Thats going to be such a massive mat pour when the two are connected.

the floor plates are already being done in sections. The mat pours were done a month or so ago.

Oct 16 2019

Form work going up for the mat.

Blahshead Dec 25, 2019 2:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru2501 (Post 8783748)
they are smaller

Quote:

Originally Posted by harryc (Post 8784222)
One Chicago needs to go down before it goes up, this one starts at grade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bombardier (Post 8784002)
At one Chicago, the contractor installed a secant wall around the entire city block and excavated the entire site 15'-20' below grade. They also dug cores down 50' below grade with complex cofferdams before starting to come up. The underground construction of One Chicago is orders of magnitude more complex.


Thanks! Exciting the buildings have different timelines--we'll get to see some cool construction for quite a while.

harryc Dec 25, 2019 4:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blahshead (Post 8784310)
Thanks! Exciting the buildings have different timelines--we'll get to see some cool construction for quite a while.

These look to be 2 very standard residential towers - with a shared large podium. This will be a great contrast to One Chicago which has secant walls, top down construction, and many levels of underground parking - next to an active subway station.

KWillChicago Dec 25, 2019 10:37 AM

My bad Harry. I meant the floor plates stretching across the whole site for the big ass podium. Am I right in thinking the floor plates are going to be even for majority of both buildings throughout the podium? Possibly the towers as well?

cozy Dec 25, 2019 4:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWillChicago (Post 8784403)
My bad Harry. I meant the floor plates stretching across the whole site for the big ass podium. Am I right in thinking the floor plates are going to be even for majority of both buildings throughout the podium? Possibly the towers as well?

Ah, yeah you are right but they stagger the work they wouldn't pour an entire floor at once

Watch this starting at 5:13: (Extreme Engineering) Build It Bigger - High Risk Tower (S02E10).mp4

harryc Dec 26, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 20















All times are GMT. The time now is 9:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.