SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

scalziand Aug 24, 2015 5:38 AM

It does vaguely resemble the original Grant Park 4 proposal for the western half of the site.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=65898

Notyrview Aug 24, 2015 1:09 PM

Most excellent!

sentinel Aug 24, 2015 3:08 PM

Added to pg. 1 of boom rundown.

Also, does this mean that the 'Chicago' building is dead, or is that for the westernmost lot/parcel for this site? Could that building account for the difference in unit numbers?

SamInTheLoop Aug 24, 2015 3:36 PM

^ It would definitely appear that it's dead ( :( ), as that proposal took up the entire Indiana to Michigan parcel along Roosevelt. This tower takes up the eastern half of that parcel. So, there's another tower now planned for the eastern half of course. Getting back to my original point on this very impressive 1,900 unit figure........my guess is that that count includes 3 buildings (at least) - eastern half of Roosevelt-fronting tower, western half of Roosevelt-fronting tower, and the parcel across Indiana to the South of The Grant (former OMPW), which I'd always thought of as a one-tower parcel, and that still very well may be what Crescent Heights has planned there, but if I recall it's decent-sized, and could potentially hold two towers as well, I suppose (?)........

For the record, I still think I propose the massive Saitowitz slab, but have an open mind of course to what we may see from Vinoly, and the glimpse we have thus far is promising I think.....

brian_b Aug 24, 2015 3:46 PM

Over at 13th and Indiana, on the old Central Station sales center site (which also has a Crescent Heights sign on the lot), it looks like they may be "paving" the way for a new sales center, or something to that effect ;)

SamInTheLoop Aug 24, 2015 3:57 PM

^ Interesting. So, to be clear for everyone here, this is the additional 'off-Roosevelt' parcel I've been speaking of......

brian_b Aug 24, 2015 4:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop (Post 7140222)
^ Interesting. So, to be clear for everyone here, this is the additional 'off-Roosevelt' parcel I've been speaking of......

Yes, but also to be perfectly clear, I have no knowledge of anything in particular and this could be just a staging area for something else in the neighborhood.

BVictor1 Aug 24, 2015 4:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinel (Post 7140128)
Added to pg. 1 of boom rundown.

Also, does this mean that the 'Chicago' building is dead, or is that for the westernmost lot/parcel for this site? Could that building account for the difference in unit numbers?

The 'Chicago' building was never real.

sentinel Aug 24, 2015 4:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7140264)
The 'Chicago' building was never real.

Well, true...honestly, I'm ok with this building over that one (just hoping the top of this is more interesting than the Vinoly-designed middle finger in midtown Manhattan).

go go white sox Aug 25, 2015 3:39 PM

http://m.chicago.curbed.com/archives...south-loop.php

Le Baron Aug 25, 2015 4:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian_b (Post 7140201)
Over at 13th and Indiana, on the old Central Station sales center site (which also has a Crescent Heights sign on the lot), it looks like they may be "paving" the way for a new sales center, or something to that effect ;)

^^ they are fixing the existing pavers on Prairie that lead from 13th to One Museum Park and The Grant. Project has been going on for about a week.

sentinel Aug 25, 2015 4:40 PM

^^Thanks for the information, and welcome to the forum.

BVictor1 Aug 25, 2015 5:19 PM

Crescent Heights hasn't filed any PD amendment with the city as of now.

Le Baron Aug 25, 2015 5:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinel (Post 7141676)
^^Thanks for the information, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you. 10+ year lurker. Thought it was finally time to contribute... Hope to share more going forward.

brian_b Aug 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7141738)
Crescent Heights hasn't filed any PD amendment with the city as of now.

Do they need to?

LouisVanDerWright Aug 25, 2015 7:31 PM

I thought I remembered there being a PD towards the end of the last boom being approved to allow the squiggly ugly previous proposal for this site and the hypothetical 1000'ish tower at Michigan and Roosevelt.

BVictor1 Aug 26, 2015 6:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright (Post 7141913)
I thought I remembered there being a PD towards the end of the last boom being approved to allow the squiggly ugly previous proposal for this site and the hypothetical 1000'ish tower at Michigan and Roosevelt.

Whenever there's a change, including height or number of units, an amendment to the PD has to be filed, unless administrative relief can be given.

This is within the lakefront protection so an amendment would have to be filed.

The original heights for Grant Park Tower III & IV were 790' and 900' respectively.


Also, the address for this is wrong as this is on the west side of Indiana Avenue and the numbers would be even.

Steely Dan Aug 26, 2015 1:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7142647)
Also, the address for this is wrong as this is on the west side of Indiana Avenue and the numbers would be even.

good catch. we'll have to leave it wrong in the thread title for now because that's what crescent is calling it. it's a mistake that they will eventually have to correct.

SamInTheLoop Aug 26, 2015 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 7140264)
The 'Chicago' building was never real.

My guess is that it was actually 'real' in the sense that Crescent Heights actually had Saitowitz do some design work for the site (it's currently featured on his webpage). My guess is that if this was just somebody in his studio goofing around and playing make-believe, this would not be the case.

Moot point of course, as clearly it would appear Crescent Heights has subsequently gone in a different direction and has gone with Vinoly for a complete reworking, breaking Roosevelt-fronting parcel into a couple towers.

I will miss 'The Chicago' though - the massing was perfecto.......

BVictor1 Aug 27, 2015 5:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithakas (Post 7138978)
Not too revealing, but I believe this might be new?

http://www.crescentheights.com/comme...gan-roosevelt/

For some reason Crescent Heights has removed this from their website.

I wonder if was my inquiries:rolleyes::shrug:?


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.