SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

Swicago Swi Sox Oct 23, 2015 3:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPChicago (Post 7209161)
I love One Museum Park.....

Uh oh...

:runaway:

Busy Bee Oct 23, 2015 10:30 PM

OMP is absurdly convoluted and graceless. It got a pass 8 years ago because it was tall.

Tom Servo Oct 24, 2015 9:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPChicago (Post 7209161)
I love One Museum Park.....

Yeah? Good for you. It's horrible.

Tom Servo Oct 24, 2015 9:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busy Bee (Post 7209795)
OMP is absurdly convoluted and graceless. It got a pass 8 years ago because it was tall.

OMP is like that awkward fat dork who ruined class photos. Its presence is a clumsy stain on the City's skyline. There are a handful of buildings that are much worse, but it's pretty damn bad.

patriotizzy Oct 25, 2015 10:40 AM

OMP is pretty awesome. I like the way it builds up to the crown. A lot of you people seem a little feisty over an opinion O.o

Notyrview Oct 25, 2015 10:48 AM

I only like OMP when you're driving into the city on s lake shore, that's when's its proportions look ok.

pilsenarch Oct 25, 2015 1:11 PM

OMP is an arbitrary, decorative, piece of junk...

Ryanrule Oct 25, 2015 2:49 PM

ide kill for a high floor ne corner condo there though.

Tom Servo Oct 25, 2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanrule (Post 7210985)
ide kill for a high floor ne corner condo there though.

Oh, the views from it are amazing. And the inside is pretty damn nice too. It's a high quality building, no doubt... just ugly and shitty architecture.

Notyrview Oct 26, 2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilsenarch (Post 7210944)
OMP is an arbitrary, decorative, piece of junk...

You mean you don't like it's pretty little hayutt???

pilsenarch Oct 26, 2015 1:30 PM

Lol^

Ch.G, Ch.G Oct 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busy Bee (Post 7209795)
OMP is absurdly convoluted and graceless. It got a pass 8 years ago because it was tall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Servo (Post 7210224)
Yeah? Good for you. It's horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilsenarch (Post 7210944)
OMP is an arbitrary, decorative, piece of junk...

I feel like if this many opinionated people (myself included) agree on something, then it has to be true.

RESOLVED: OMP is shit.

chris11 Oct 29, 2015 4:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G (Post 7215223)
I feel like if this many opinionated people (myself included) agree on something, then it has to be true.

RESOLVED: OMP is shit.

I think us less opinionated people just don't find it worth keeping this thread off topic with why its not a bad signature tower for the South Loop :)

maru2501 Oct 29, 2015 4:22 PM

it'll get better if its taller proposed neighbors are built.

right now it's like you're starving and driving through alabama and, hey, an olive garden

LouisVanDerWright Oct 29, 2015 6:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru2501 (Post 7215831)
it'll get better if its taller proposed neighbors are built.

right now it's like you're starving and driving through alabama and, hey, an olive garden

Lol, this.

Tom Servo Nov 2, 2015 6:49 AM

Totally incidental, but my GF was begging me to take her to the new Olive Garden over on Addison. I'd previously been to Olive Garden like 2 or 3 times in my life, the last time being at least 8-10 years ago. Anyway, ate there last week. 100% inedible and gross. I honestly don't understand how places like that stay in business. Sheesh. :yuck:

Steely Dan Nov 6, 2015 3:45 PM

according to bvic's post in the highrise compilation thread, this one is scheduled to head to the plan commission this month.

Busy Bee Nov 6, 2015 6:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Servo (Post 7219542)
Totally incidental, but my GF was begging me to take her to the new Olive Garden over on Addison. I'd previously been to Olive Garden like 2 or 3 times in my life, the last time being at least 8-10 years ago. Anyway, ate there last week. 100% inedible and gross. I honestly don't understand how places like that stay in business. Sheesh. :yuck:

Don't tell that to Marilyn Hagerty.

ChickeNES Nov 19, 2015 10:03 PM

Approved! Crescent Heights said that they have financing in place and want to put shovels in the ground ASAP.

:notacrook::worship::tup::cheers:

BVictor1 Nov 19, 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickeNES (Post 7241977)
Approved! Crescent Heights said that they have financing in place and want to put shovels in the ground ASAP.

:notacrook::worship::tup::cheers:

They want to break ground by June or July.

It looks like the height has gone to 810' to the underside of the top floor.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.