SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

donnie Mar 1, 2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVictor1 (Post 8491217)
Can people get the fuck over it already?

Having a bad day B?

Elliphant Mar 2, 2019 9:04 PM

C'monnnnnn can't tell me that's not the cube :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/Xbji2i6.jpg?1

cozy Mar 2, 2019 9:59 PM

My thoughts exactly

https://i.imgur.com/GgztAyg.jpg?1

technically speaking, it is the cube all us cube enthusiasts want until they cover it up. so lets have our fun now

UPChicago Mar 2, 2019 10:03 PM

If it were not the cube it would not be open at the top, doesn’t make much sense to cover the sides and not the top given you know rain and stuff

lu9 Mar 4, 2019 2:42 PM

it's real and it's spectacular

Skyguy_7 Mar 4, 2019 3:34 PM

^Haha yep, I was admiring the building yesterday and it appears the formwork is off. Ladies and Gents I think we have ourselves a cube. It is iconic and if left as it currently is, we'll be seeing it in skyline illustrations, TV/film shots, tourist/architecture advertisements for years to come.

BonoboZill4 Mar 4, 2019 4:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/3D8JeuN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SOdcMPM.jpg

Steely Dan Mar 4, 2019 4:23 PM

^ love that last shot, bonobo! :tup:

the south loop finally has a bonafide skyline.

donnie Mar 4, 2019 5:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliphant (Post 8492394)
C'monnnnnn can't tell me that's not the cube :haha:

https://i.imgur.com/Xbji2i6.jpg?1

In the words of Sergeant Schultz "I see nutttting!"
:runaway:

lakeshoredrive Mar 4, 2019 5:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8493733)
^ love that last shot, bonobo! :tup:

the south loop finally has a bonafide skyline.

It's only going to get better when the 4th tower is built!

UTEPman Mar 4, 2019 6:05 PM

is there a render with the "cube" shown?

im trying to figure out what all the fuss is about..

BoostedChicago Mar 4, 2019 6:14 PM

Looks like I am going to get a "cube view" from my apartment window https://imgur.com/WQmdcbw

https://imgur.com/WQmdcbw

Edit: first time posting but can't seem to inset image correctly. Will figure out, but happy to be new to the forum.

harryc Mar 4, 2019 6:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoostedChicago (Post 8493875)
Looks like I am going to get a "cube view" from my apartment window https://imgur.com/WQmdcbw

https://imgur.com/WQmdcbw

Edit: first time posting but can't seem to inset image correctly. Will figure out, but happy to be new to the forum.

Nice shot - tyvm

Skyguy_7 Mar 4, 2019 6:43 PM

^Welcome to the forum.

Right click on image, copy image address, click on SSP Photo icon, paste address accordingly. It'll look roughly like this when you post:

[IMG]..https://i.imgur.com/WQmdcbw.jpg..[/IMG]

donnie Mar 4, 2019 6:49 PM

.

cozy Mar 4, 2019 6:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTEPman (Post 8493863)
is there a render with the "cube" shown?

im trying to figure out what all the fuss is about..

https://i.imgur.com/UMetNWu.jpg?1

Also don't forget about [html] so you can demonstrate things like

HTML Code:

[img]https://imgur.com/WQmdcbw[/img]
Welcome to the forum boosted, happy to know we will be getting some real-time cube updates from your viewpoint!

donnie Mar 4, 2019 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTEPman (Post 8493863)
is there a render with the "cube" shown?

im trying to figure out what all the fuss is about..

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...70&page=7:tup:

UTEPman Mar 4, 2019 7:01 PM

ahhh thanks. Yeah that looks pretty good I guess.

I think I was expecting something more... flashy?... based on all the discussion. Can't blame the descriptions though, it really is a cube! :haha:

BonoboZill4 Mar 4, 2019 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan (Post 8493733)
^ love that last shot, bonobo! :tup:

the south loop finally has a bonafide skyline.

Yep, it's all gravy from here on out :D

Zerton Mar 4, 2019 9:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozy (Post 8493938)
Welcome to the forum boosted, happy to know we will be getting some real-time cube updates from your viewpoint!

The Time Cube! Now everything is starting to make more sense... ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.