SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | 465 North Park | 535 FT | 48 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224901)

simon07 May 8, 2017 8:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swicago Swi Sox (Post 7798768)
On the positive side, it's nice to see this building have apartments/balconies in the podium that fronts Illinois. I feel like that should be a mandatory design feature for any building that has a parking podium.

On the negative side, that curtain wall is less than pleasing.

This building is turning out to look nothing like One Museum Park.

SamInTheLoop May 8, 2017 10:03 PM

^ That would mostly be a good thing....OMP is very awkwardly proportioned....

The Lurker May 9, 2017 4:15 AM

^I agree. Especially the N-S elevation. But I also feel like this one has awkward proportions. The setback is at the wrong height, or maybe it just doesn't need to be there. It clashes with the crown as it rises on an angle to the corner. Maybe the crown doesnt need to be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon07 (Post 7798782)
This building is turning out to look nothing like One Museum Park.

Who were you responding to? The post you quoted didn't
mention One Museum Park

KWILLSKYLINE May 9, 2017 10:30 AM

What are the rules for a crown of a building? Does lighting have to be approved before construction or is it trial and error after the crown is installed. If I remember correctly the spire of trump was only going to be lit solid white but changed to multi-color after it was installed. Im not even sure if this one will be lit up in blue like OMP but I could just imagine being pissed off if I payed millions for a penthouse across the steet and this things crown is lit up until 11 pm. Maybe some people like it glowing up their room. Streeterville just doesnt seem like the right venue to have a crown light up. Then again, nbc is pretty freakin bright at night.

Swicago Swi Sox May 9, 2017 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE (Post 7799274)
What are the rules for a crown of a building? Does lighting have to be approved before construction or is it trial and error after the crown is installed. If I remember correctly the spire of trump was only going to be lit solid white but changed to multi-color after it was installed. Im not even sure if this one will be lit up in blue like OMP but I could just imagine being pissed off if I payed millions for a penthouse across the steet and this things crown is lit up until 11 pm. Maybe some people like it glowing up their room. Streeterville just doesnt seem like the right venue to have a crown light up. Then again, nbc is pretty freakin bright at night.

I used to live across the street from NBC. It turned off every night at 11pm on the dot. You don't really notice it when its already on or off, but the sudden lighting change at 11pm was noticeable. It always reminded me to go to bed.

maru2501 May 10, 2017 6:50 PM

it's diagonal site placing is nice

SolarWind May 13, 2017 5:14 PM

May 9, 2017

KWILLSKYLINE May 13, 2017 8:15 PM

^^^^ugghhhh. Mr. Parks and recreation.....tear down that park and build nice one without a 40 foot clock in the middle of it. Thanks for the shot solar.

Swicago Swi Sox May 15, 2017 7:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE (Post 7804497)
^^^^ugghhhh. Mr. Parks and recreation.....tear down that park and build nice one without a 40 foot clock in the middle of it. Thanks for the shot solar.

BOTH developer teams for this this project and the Lowes project promised to re-develop Odgen Plaza as part of their project. It didn't happen with Lowes, and it sure doesn't look like it is going to happen with this building.

maru2501 May 15, 2017 7:29 PM

https://s18.postimg.org/yf4ygyjvd/IMG_4736.jpg

KWILLSKYLINE May 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swicago Swi Sox (Post 7805868)
BOTH developer teams for this this project and the Lowes project promised to re-develop Odgen Plaza as part of their project. It didn't happen with Lowes, and it sure doesn't look like it is going to happen with this building.

They may wait for tower completion to start the park. Those pictures they posted awhile back of the future park look pretty sharp. Open, green, and friendly to the public. So I hope all goes through. On another note, huge crane hop this week. This one might catch up with One Bennett.

BVictor1 May 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE (Post 7804497)

There's been some contention with the owner of the parking garage below the park. That's probably something that should have been dealt with before construction began, but that's what I heard.

woodrow May 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Isn't the city involved in this park issue? I seem to remember threatened litigation by the city. The parking lot company being difficult?

harryc May 17, 2017 12:13 PM

May 15

May 16

left of center May 18, 2017 9:04 PM

Great pics Harry!

This project is going to start looking awesome as the glass starts moving up to higher floors. I really wish it was several hundred feet taller. Its nice when something that's not a box rises up in the skyline.

Skyguy_7 May 19, 2017 12:34 PM

^Agreed! I admire the narrow profile looking Southeast. Me gusta mucho.

KWILLSKYLINE May 19, 2017 4:07 PM

I cant wait to see those huge window panels go into the restaraunt floor. It will be a good view eating dinner, looking torwards the river and NBC.

harryc May 26, 2017 6:50 PM

May 18

May 25

denizen467 May 28, 2017 5:22 AM

^ Harry, that last closeup of Wrigley is gorgeous.

SolarWind May 30, 2017 3:59 AM

May 24, 2017