SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Completed Project Threads Archive (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   CHICAGO | NEMA Chicago | 896 FT | 81 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218570)

UPChicago Nov 10, 2018 7:45 PM

the official website says 76 stories, how many floors are we at now?

BonoboZill4 Nov 10, 2018 8:15 PM

Another gut punch... At this rate they'll chop the Sears tower down 200 feet :haha:

Zapatan Nov 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPChicago (Post 8375247)
the official website says 76 stories, how many floors are we at now?

Not sure,

Although sometimes floor counts are fake :shrug:

Looking at the pictures again (judging from its 726' neighbor) I still think (hope) it'll break 800' when it's topped off finally. This building is beautiful in any case :tup:

Donnie77 Nov 10, 2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 (Post 8375225)
Yeah... unless the crane jumps again this one got a major haircut. Big disappointment.

3rd world problems!

:koko::koko::koko:

BonoboZill4 Nov 10, 2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donnie77 (Post 8375356)
3rd world problems!

:koko::koko::koko:

I'm not following

RedCorsair87 Nov 11, 2018 12:08 AM

Wow, if that's true.... complete horse shit. I was really looking forward to a 900 footer.

I think it's time we temper our expectations with every new project. There have been a few surprises height-wise (Site I and 110 Wacker), but NYC we are not.

Ned.B Nov 11, 2018 2:59 AM

Based on what I think are the latest model and renderings, there should be 8 floors to the top above the NW setback. It looks like there is only 2 or 3 constructed right now, and I can't tell if the NE setback is completed. That doesn't seem like it would fit under the crane.

Zapatan Nov 11, 2018 4:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCorsair87 (Post 8375389)
I think it's time we temper our expectations with every new project. There have been a few surprises height-wise (Site I and 110 Wacker), but NYC we are not.

We still don't know, at the moment the core is about ~780 ish, so it could still get into the 800's easily.

Also, Vista? That was the best height increase ever, it's the second highest roof in the city. Tribune Tower got a height increase too

The Lurker Nov 11, 2018 1:46 PM

I hope you guys are overreacting, this building would look awkward as fuck if they sawed off the last few setbacks. Aren't there other explanations like weather delays perhaps? In any case I wont start pissing in the campfire until formwork starts coming down

MorganChi Nov 11, 2018 2:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lurker (Post 8375651)
I hope you guys are overreacting, this building would look awkward as fuck if they sawed off the last few setbacks. Aren't there other explanations like weather delays perhaps? In any case I wont start pissing in the campfire until formwork starts coming down


I think ppl are overreacting looking at the renderings everything seem right . Ppl just want to write something to keep this forum bump .

maru2501 Nov 11, 2018 2:00 PM

so it's losing an unannounced 100 feet? good grief

Kngkyle Nov 11, 2018 2:50 PM

You guys really like to jump to conclusions based on little to no evidence...

The tower crane will definitely be jumping again, calm down.

maru2501 Nov 11, 2018 4:16 PM

could be the ultimate sign of the boom softening if they are cutting height from a building that was already partly up

Zapatan Nov 11, 2018 4:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru2501 (Post 8375719)
could be the ultimate sign of the boom softening if they are cutting height from a building that was already partly up

I hope that's not the case, because all the upcoming projects are screwed then :shrug:

MorganChi Nov 11, 2018 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kngkyle (Post 8375677)
You guys really like to jump to conclusions based on little to no evidence...

The tower crane will definitely be jumping again, calm down.

Thank you

healthiswealth Nov 11, 2018 5:25 PM

You all sound like little girls. Settle down. Even if it did get a height chop, you're all failing to use your eyes and brains. Logic>emotion.

maru2501 Nov 11, 2018 6:24 PM

I think it's more likely they reduced the height for their perceived economic interests vs. not wanting to cast shade on a particular tree farther into grant park, but that's me

Zapatan Nov 11, 2018 6:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maru2501 (Post 8375803)
I think it's more likely they reduced the height for their perceived economic interests vs. not wanting to cast shade on a particular tree farther into grant park, but that's me

As Kngkyle mentioned we don't really know it's even the case yet. They building we'll top off soon enough, then we'll know.

marothisu Nov 11, 2018 8:17 PM

On 10/28 or 10/29, I counted they were somewhere around floor 68 to 70. Around then it was around the same height as its neighbor at 726 feet, maybe a little taller. If you look at the renderings too, at least the top floor of this thing is supposed to be a bit taller. Another site has it at 76 stories at 829 feet for full height. That is a height chop of 64 feet, not 118 feet. That's a difference of 5 stories that Zapatan is telling us. At 726 or more feet, they had 6-8 floors to go if we assume 76 stories with the top floor looking like it's equivalent to 3 regular floors in height - so really more like 8-10 floors to go. as of a few weeks ago. It's going to be more than Zapatan's 775 figure, guaranteed. It'll be over 800 feet.

Zapatan Nov 11, 2018 8:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marothisu (Post 8375881)
On 10/28 or 10/29, I counted they were somewhere around floor 68 to 70. Around then it was around the same height as its neighbor at 726 feet, maybe a little taller. If you look at the renderings too, at least the top floor of this thing is supposed to be a bit taller. Another site has it at 76 stories at 829 feet for full height. That is a height chop of 64 feet, not 118 feet. That's a difference of 5 stories that Zapatan is telling us. At 726 or more feet, they had 6-8 floors to go if we assume 76 stories with the top floor looking like it's equivalent to 3 regular floors in height - so really more like 8-10 floors to go. as of a few weeks ago. It's going to be more than Zapatan's 775 figure, guaranteed. It'll be over 800 feet.

You're right, although I retracted my statement saying that it looks about that high now and in proportion to the renderings still has a little ways to go. I said that a few posts down after stating it may only top of at 775', correcting myself.

The official site says 76 stories (not 80) and has it looking about 900' in the rendering. Although who knows, sometimes they're not super accurate. The rendering looks outdated.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.