SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Skyscraper & Highrise Construction (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   TORONTO | 160 Front Street West | 240 M | 46 FLOORS (https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194056)

Travis007 Sep 22, 2011 10:43 PM

TORONTO | 160 Front Street West | 240 M | 46 FLOORS

Massing model for this development:

Taller tower is office (234 M/768 FT - 54 FL), shorter is residential (222 M/728 FT - 65 FL )

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster on SkyscraperPage (Post 5419716)
Here's a better idea of what is coming:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4010/22444155.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Innsertnamehere Sep 23, 2011 12:27 AM

its not a box :banana:

plus that residential is nowhere near short...

can a mod edit in the purple face for this? i like having that cause it makes finding a Toronto development easy!

- Done

scalziand Sep 23, 2011 1:04 AM

That condo tower is pretty sweet looking.:tup:

Gresto Sep 23, 2011 2:40 AM

I like the density these are adding to that area.

suburbanite Sep 23, 2011 11:27 PM

That would be a nice commute for anyone who lives/works in the same complex.

JuelzJones Sep 25, 2011 5:51 PM

looks nice and has pretty good height.

caltrane74 Sep 26, 2011 8:09 PM

Signage for Patio being taken down, store closed up....

yankeesfan1000 Sep 26, 2011 11:33 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but in that massing model the CN Tower is just a few blocks to the right? And the Shangri-La is also real close by right, sort of behind the massing right?

Anyways, I love what I've seen so far of this. And another probably dumb question, given that it seems a lot of Toronto's new developments have been residential, would it be fair to predict a fair amount of office buildings in the near future?

steveve Sep 26, 2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 (Post 5424138)
Excuse my ignorance, but in that massing model the CN Tower is just a few blocks to the right? And the Shangri-La is also real close by right, sort of behind the massing right?

Anyways, I love what I've seen so far of this. And another probably dumb question, given that it seems a lot of Toronto's new developments have been residential, would it be fair to predict a fair amount of office buildings in the near future?

LOL!. actually, the CN tower is a few blocks down (or, where you are looking at the shot from), and shangri-la is a few blocks up...

and yeah... Toronto is NORTH AMERICA's real-estate condo boom market by a mile.... basically everything currently being built (skyscraper wise in the downtown core) is condominium... a year or two ago, we had too much office space with the new additions (ex. Bay Adelaide and RBC Centre)... and now, we're seeing a few tall office proposals scheduled to start up within the next few years...

Aura, has a strong chance of being North America's tallest residential condo, even past Beekman/New York by Gehry in NY. thus, making Toronto's mark as condo capital! :D

caltrane74 Sep 27, 2011 3:05 PM

18 York is the latest office tower, it's almost finished, say in another 3 months or so.

And Bremner Tower, is also just starting up - under-construction, its in the thread with the Delta Hotel.

yaletown_fella Sep 27, 2011 4:23 PM

Can't say the design looks too promising but I really like the scale of the project and the office/residential mix is pretty cool.

Travis007 Sep 27, 2011 4:32 PM

I'm going to miss Joe Badali's but definitely short term pain for long term gain. Maybe they can relocate north into the Entertainment Distict or to the St. Lawrence/Esplanade area.

Oddly, my former high school VP was also named Joe Badali. Pretty sure it's a different person though. lol

caltrane74 Sep 27, 2011 5:08 PM

Here is the meeting report:

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-40932.pdf

Innsertnamehere Sep 27, 2011 7:23 PM

1100 square meters of retail isn't bad, though they plan on developing it in stages, meaning the office tower portion probably isn't the final design :(

LeftCoaster Sep 27, 2011 8:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caltrane74 (Post 5424833)
And Bremner Tower, is also just starting up - under-construction, its in the thread with the Delta Hotel.

Bremner might be capped at grade as they still have not secured a lead tenant. If Bremner is capped though it means 16 York will likely go so either way one of them is going forward.

caltrane74 Sep 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Well, yeah, 16 York is the big boy! I hope that one gets the go ahead.

caltrane74 Dec 21, 2011 1:18 AM

Competition brewing in the Toronto Office Market.

Oxford properties updated its website for 100 Adelaide. Now 44 floor and a direct challenge to this project by Cadillac Fairview.

caltrane74 Feb 4, 2012 8:00 PM

Preliminary City Report

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-40932.pdf

Andrewjm3D Feb 11, 2012 3:58 PM

I've been told this project will go to the market in March.

Innsertnamehere Feb 11, 2012 5:40 PM

we will need some better renders then! (and hopefully that means they found a lead tenant for the office portion)

caltrane74 Mar 2, 2012 6:36 PM

These would be nice to have's on the construction front. A lot of our bigger projects, like Trump, Shangrila, Four Seasons, Ritz, RBC, and BAC have finished up or will be fishing up shortly. We need to get back into the constructors game in a big way. This will fill the gap until some of the rumoured taller towers are announced and get underway.

Gresto Mar 2, 2012 9:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D (Post 5586962)
I've been told this project will go to the market in March.

Good news. Thanks for that.

caltrane74 Mar 2, 2012 10:33 PM

the condo maybe. The office tower might be a while off.

JayCortese Jun 24, 2012 9:52 PM

I heard that the condo tower was 1/4 sold.

Gresto Jun 25, 2012 7:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCortese (Post 5745137)
I heard that the condo tower was 1/4 sold.

Since March? That's not great.

vinchops Nov 19, 2012 8:24 PM

any news on these?

caltrane74 Nov 19, 2012 10:56 PM

There's alot of office projects on the go. Don't expect any news on these for at least another year, while the current office inventory both built and under construction gets absorbed.

Bay Adelaide is beginning construction, and that office project is almost as huge as this one. Will take some time for all that space to get sucked up, and then you might see Cadillac Move forward with this project.

LeftCoaster Mar 7, 2013 9:58 PM

Big changes coming to this project. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

Gresto Mar 7, 2013 10:28 PM

Oooh, you have my skyscraper boner raging! This is one of those projects about which we hardly ever hear anything.

Innsertnamehere Mar 7, 2013 11:40 PM

any word on when we will be hearing official news on this?

DrNest Mar 8, 2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 6042104)
Big changes coming to this project. I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

Oh do tell!

Gresto Mar 8, 2013 9:43 PM

Why will we be pleasantly surprised?

Ramako Mar 8, 2013 9:53 PM

I'm hoping for an iconic 250+ metre office building designed big-name international starchitect, but I can't think of a big enough anchor tenant. New digs for Manulife or perhaps one of the big mining companies? If Rogers ever decided to leave Bloor, they'd probably want something pretty showy.

Ramako Mar 8, 2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 6043562)
:tup:

http://imageshack.us/a/img44/2333/excitedkid.gif

Of course the real question is whether it's a legitimate proposal (i.e. have the secured an anchor tenant and financing).

taal Mar 9, 2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

hehe can you give us a clue about the tenant.

I recall you stated you couldn't see to many more office buildings going up in this cycle, and I completely agreed :)

A 200+ meter office building ? No way !

I just don't see it.

Or wait one sec, maybe this is still early in the proposal stage ?? And they want an interesting design to potentially attract tenants ??

So this one may still be 5+ years out ? That would make more sense I think.

cruzin4u Mar 9, 2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Amazing times for Toronto! Thank you for all your insider information over the years! I'm all giddy with excitement!

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploa...4/giddy-up.jpg

WhipperSnapper Mar 10, 2013 8:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramako (Post 6043557)
I'm hoping for an iconic 250+ metre office building designed big-name international starchitect, but I can't think of a big enough anchor tenant. New digs for Manulife or perhaps one of the big mining companies? If Rogers ever decided to leave Bloor, they'd probably want something pretty showy.

Manulife is spending tens of millions renovating the work spaces in each of their three campus buildings. There aren't going anywhere especially to a competing developer's property.

CastleScott Mar 10, 2013 10:17 PM

Any renderings on these yet?? I can't seem to get the pic up in the first posting...

Dylan Leblanc Mar 10, 2013 10:36 PM

All we've seen is a model with as much detail as seen in the drawings here
- http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?compare=98068
and here - http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=98067

isaidso Mar 11, 2013 7:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 6042104)

You realize now we're expecting something beautiful/visually interesting. :uhh:

LeftCoaster Mar 11, 2013 3:51 PM

That's fine, it should be a stunner.

taal Mar 11, 2013 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftCoaster (Post 6046190)
That's fine, it should be a stunner.

;)

Ah darn, that's no good ! I'm not being greedy ; ) ... well sure I am, the more office towers downtown the better (if they can get filled).

But, we've seen a couple instances where tenants have asked for simpler designs (I think BA was an example of that), generally to get uniform floor plates or things along those lines.

So, even if this design is a stunner, until a lead tenant signs on (and we give it a couple months to make sure there is no design change), I'm not going to get super excited !

caltrane74 Mar 28, 2013 10:54 PM

Oh, rise from the dead ye Big Skyscraper.

Word has it that this one is back, and CF already has an international tenant to occupy it. New Design to be tendered out, and movement expected within 2-3 months. 60 Storeys plus? plus? - probably about 240 meters to 260 meters

All of this is hearsay.....

for now!

DrNest Mar 29, 2013 12:03 AM

Might be hearsay Cal, but if it becomes true, that sounds good to me.

Fatality Mar 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Great news!
Good height and with an international occupant maybe we can get a worthy design.

Gresto Mar 29, 2013 4:28 AM

What happened to the condo component? Is it still active?

cruzin4u Feb 12, 2014 11:11 PM

News on this one from UrbanToronto.

"Cadillac Fairview has submitted a completely redesigned proposal for its property at 156 Front Street West in the heart of Downtown Toronto. First submitted in the Fall of 2011 as a two-tower proposal, one residential, one commercial, the residential component has now been dropped in favour of one taller, 54-storey office tower. The rounded, sculpted design is by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architects of Chicago."

As mentioned above, this will no longer have a "residential" component. It will be a 54-storey (265 metre/869 foot high) office building.

Elevations below;

http://i.imgur.com/OEYiH4p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qnQTOQN.jpg

DrNest Feb 13, 2014 1:52 AM

This is a welcome change from the two-tower proposal in my mind because this is a great looking tower with appreciable height. It will do wonders for extending that gap between the towers on Bay and Yonge and the Ritz-Carlton cluster.

Gresto Feb 13, 2014 3:48 AM

I'll reserve judgment until there's a full-colour render, but other than the decent height I don't fancy it.

middeljohn Feb 13, 2014 3:50 AM

Awesome! Height increase and all office! The fact that it's almost right on the lake too will make it seem even taller in our "traditional" skyline shot.